• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] "Aid All": Would You Rather?

Mustapha00

I know the suggestion for an Aid All button to be added to the game has been made many, many times before, but I wanted to approach it from a slightly different angle.

If "AA" were introduced but the downside were to be a decrease in the chances of getting a BP from the transaction, would you still support it? If the decrease was by 25%? 50%? 75%

Time is, in my opinion, second only to space as the premium commodity in the game. If I could hit a single button to Aid everyone in my Guild and a second to Aid all of my Friends, if the cost was seeing the (estimated) 1 in 50 chances of getting a BP reduced to 1 in 100, I do believe I would do it.

What say you?

Graviton

I'm more concerned with how it would affect goodies from the Dynamic Tower and Seed Vault. I'm assuming you just wouldn't use it if you had those GBs. Whether or not BPs are valuable depends on how long you've been playing. Personally, I'd be okay with a reduced chance at BPs.

Freshmeboy

Now you are eliminating or greatly reducing the guild hopping strat, so I would vote no.....Even then, I don't think that lag would be reduced that much as the bps are an aftereffect of the aiding. The aiding ITSELF is what takes time as the programming rolls the dice, decides to mote, for example, then checks through every building until it finds the right order. I have seen the wheel spin as the programming takes seconds to aid a friend, then send the popup of what it aided then, slickly, along comes the print. Too many aids would probably overload the damn thing even in non peak playtimes. I just don't see a viable way to in large numbers without lag or freeze. Any programmers out there who would have a good idea...?

DeletedUser31592

They only time I care about BPs from aiding is with a new city. I couldn't care less otherwise. Honestly, I'd be happy not to have the pop-up.
As for the DT, I would assume you could aid until your boost ran out and then 'aid all' the remainder. I still have to go through my friends for taverns, anyway, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to click aid until the boost ran out. It would prevent me from leveling it too high, lol.
Seed Vault- well- aid all may not be in your best interest unless it works with the aid all.

DeletedUser32745

Sounds like a great idea my SOIs give me more then enough.

RazorbackPirate

I would rather have the Aid than the BP. BPs from my current age or lower I have in abundance, and a random upper age BP isn't that much help anyway. If I want an out of age GB, I donate to get the prints. I don't go guild surfing for them.

Aid All should give no prints ever, then leave the existing BP system and probabilities the way it is for those who want to Aid manually. I think it's a good compromise. No prints is the trade-off for the convenience of Aid All.

DeletedUser26965

It's come up before. It doesn't have to be an either or scenario, you can still have the regular aid button and also an aid all button but I think if one ever takes a In the Name of Gaming Purism position on anything they would do well to consider their position on this.

Me personally I would give up all coin and BP's to aid people with an aid all button, mainly for my alt cities as it just takes too much time.

wolfhoundtoo

As I've said before I'm pretty sure that aiding is meant to force players to trim their friends of the dead wood giving new players a chance to get bps from higher ages and value towards having higher aged friends. Also they give out mass self aid kits...…..ask for more of them. :p

Mustapha00

I was not referring to in-game lag when I referenced this as being a time saving device. Frankly, I can't say that lag has been all that much of a problem in FoE, at least in my experience. The time you'd save were Aid All introduced would be that not having to be spent either visiting each city or each player individually in order to Aid them.

As for DT, that's exactly how I handle it now- learn which players are most likely to yield goods of the Ages I need and visit them first. I suppose you could do the same thing under manual Aid before hitting the Aid All button.