aid all

jaelis

We need formal proposals to be formatted correctly for consideration and voting, see the link in my signature for details. For now I will move this to Forge Hall for discussion.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of aid in the first place, so I wouldn't want to see this either. But most people do like aid, so I don't know how much my opinion here should matter.

Silentbobus

I agree, the Aid button was a huge improvement over the previous system, but the next logical step is to make an aid all button for each tab.

Shaunypoo

This would go in hand with the "plunder-all" button I am working on. It takes the highest age goods available at any moment in the hood. No need to go city to city just to see what you can take.

For real, you don't need to go city to city anymore and now you don't even want to scroll the friend bar and click on the little orange button? How about "no" and spend some time playing the game. It already went from 5 minutes (if you were indiscriminantly motivating/polishing) to one minute and people still want it faster.

hjh102

No from me. Not sure why the focus on interacting with others - why haven't we requested that they automate all repetitive activities - donating to GB, working through the tech tree ...

---Updated--- In case the sarcasm wasn't clear ... we should ask them to automate the entire game. That way, people could just log in and see what happened while they were gone.

Last edited:

pirateowl76

This seems to make the game even less interactive and more insulated/asocial than it already is. And this is coming from one of the most insulated/asocial people on the 'Net (i. e., me). :/
I figure the reason such a thing hasn't been instituted already is to keep people actually interacting with each other in the game. What's the point of having friends or a 'hood or a guild if you just want to click one button and be done with it all? You'd never even be bothered to see the hard work others have put into their cities. One could just as easily play a game of solitaire or something if aiding users one by one is too much trouble...
I don't even use the "Aid" button unless I reach someone's city and find they have nothing at all to M/P (and then I use the button only to get a free 20 coins). I like to either M/P what the user requests to be aided first, or focus on buildings of the age I want blueprints for. This gives M/P'ing more of a purpose (actually helping others, and obtaining BPs) than just collecting a handful of coins.
Plus ByeOrDie brings up a point I never would've even thought of. And if you just clicked one button to aid everyone, how would you get specific blueprints you're seeking...?
I'd have to say no. I already wish the game were a bit more sociable (like say, a public blog in Town Hall to share what's on your mind with other users)...it hardly needs to be less sociable. There are single-player games for that. :unsure:

CinciNatural

I'm not opposed to it, but something like this would have to be for a fee. If it included all neighbors, friends, and guild members then I believe a fair value would be 50-100 diamonds each time you wanted to use it.

But as Byeordie hinted at, it would be difficult to integrate aid goods and blueprints into that formula.

RedJello

Aid Button Without Clicking Multiple Times

:)I think it would be better, faster and easier if the Aid buttons could be linked like when we collect. Click on the Aid button and hold down and move across under the faces or have a double row in news to separate Aid from the other functions and move down the page without having to click each one. This would be better on the wrist and much faster. I believe this might encourage those that do not use this function because of the time element and the potential for pain, ie wrist pain etc., to at least try it.

jaelis

:)I think it would be better, faster and easier if the Aid buttons could be linked like when we collect. Click on the Aid button and hold down and move across under the faces or have a double row in news to separate Aid from the other functions and move down the page without having to click each one. This would be better on the wrist and much faster. I believe this might encourage those that do not use this function because of the time element and the potential for pain, ie wrist pain etc., to at least try it.
We need formal proposals to follow the particular format linked in my signature. For now I will move this to Forge Hall for discussion. And I will go ahead an merge it with a similar existing topic.

On the topic, my own feeling is that Aid is already too easy, so I wouldn't personally support making it easier.

zeibal

Not a fan of an Aid All button. I will never aid all my neighbors since some of them never M/P me and besides I like to attack them for PvP points. My friends I aid from the Event History window so I can easily find out who has not been M/P'ing me. And some of my guild mate have specific request which I feel should be honored. And M/P'ing my guildie's HoFs helps the guild and they hardly ever get motivated from the Aid Button.

Konrad the mediocre

Just because you personally wouldn't use a feature doesn't mean others wouldn't want it. If you want to keep track of who M/P'd you using the event history why not an "aid all except those who haven't M/P'd in X days button" (yes I know sounds silly)? You can M/P manually the you want to before clicking an aid all button as well. I'm not sure an aid all button is good for the game or not but I would like to see additions to the game that reduce the amount the tedium of mindless clicking. The trade screen is an example of a system that needs an overhaul to make more user friendly IMO. As an aside, hard and tedious are not synonyms.

It would probably overload the server sending each individual request and then getting the information back on the building (did you get BP?) over the course of 80 people at a time. It already takes me 30 seconds just to aid one person. Though I'm sure you can build a script to do this.

I like the idea, but it's probably not feasible for the devs.

zeibal

Just because you personally wouldn't use a feature doesn't mean others wouldn't want it.
Of course, I know that. The point of the Discussion forum as well as the Proposal forum is for individuals to give their personal opinions on a proposed change and explain why they feel a change is either needed or not. This is how we learn how others play the game, if there are alternatives to a proposed change, and decide if the proposal is a good idea. If the majority of the people responding to a proposal are against it, there is no point on bringing it forward with the devs.

caveman64

I'm thinking this would get too automated. I might support a button that lists all available plunder, but not one that collects it for you. I think I might support an AID All button that would cost dimes to use.

Catch-All Aid Button

Just a modification suggestion. What are your thoughts about creating an "Aid All" button in our Event History page to simply aid everyone who has aided us vs. having to scroll thru all those pages?

Oskie66

Please resubmit your proposal in the correct format. I am anxious to vote yes for it. The aid button has been a wonderful addition to the game. However, when going down the line in event history there are times something seems to happen that creates a drag on the process, slowing down the screen refreshing, and it soon becomes very difficult to get through the list. As far as BP's perhaps the BP's could all just pop up after you hit the aid all with a reference to which player you aided to get it.

Romawi

No from me. Not sure why the focus on interacting with others - why haven't we requested that they automate all repetitive activities - donating to GB, working through the tech tree ...

---Updated--- In case the sarcasm wasn't clear ... we should ask them to automate the entire game. That way, people could just log in and see what happened while they were gone.
No need to log on, just get alerts via email once a week.

** Your city has been trashed **
** Your Guild booted you**
** would you like alerts once a month instead**

agamemnus

I agree with this. I don't think that wasting time clicking "Aid" (and then waiting for unknown reasons) is fun.

No need to log on, just get alerts via email once a week.

** Your city has been trashed **
** Your Guild booted you**
** would you like alerts once a month instead**
I redesign my city twice a week. If something can be automated, it wasn't a fun part of the game to begin with.

Not a fan of an Aid All button. I will never aid all my neighbors since some of them never M/P me and besides I like to attack them for PvP points. My friends I aid from the Event History window so I can easily find out who has not been M/P'ing me. And some of my guild mate have specific request which I feel should be honored. And M/P'ing my guildie's HoFs helps the guild and they hardly ever get motivated from the Aid Button.
I don't think this suggestion was to remove the other buttons. I think individual aid has its uses.

Last edited: