• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Albert Hall and Tower of Alexandrea at same time?

FriarTuck

I'm pretty new and never did any computer game before, so there is a LOT I don't know. Can I have both the above GB at the same time and will both give me boost for my supplies? If so, would that be smart? I think I could get by with far fewer production buildings and I need the space? Axelroder

Agent327

Yes they will.

Smart is something else. That's for you to decide. It all depends on the way you play. They are also very good for collectings goods.

Mustapha00

I used to think that Diamonds were the most valuable resource in the game.

I was wrong. It's "space". As in "Expansions" (though obviously enough of the former will allow you to purchase the latter so perhaps they are the "1A and 1B" of valuable resources).

Early-ish on, I'd say that Lighthouse will probably be enough to ensure a steady increase in your Supply stockpile. There's really not much of a reason not to build an LoA: it's footprint is only 4x4, making it among the smaller Great Buildings, it's boost to production is good from the moment it hits level 1, and it doesn't take all that many FP to advance, and it provides you with a source of Goods that cannot be Plundered. About the only drawback to it I can think of is that it doesn't have all that many "charges" each day (every collection of a boosted production Supply Buildings requires a charge, and the LoA "recharges" every 24 hours).

Royal Albert Hall is quite a bit bigger, at 7x6. But the boost to Supply production is higher that that of LoA from level 1, and it provides more charges each day. The un-plunderable Goods it provides is also quite a bit higher.

Unless you plan to race through the Ages- and I urge you not to do so- there's no reason not to plant an LoA as soon as you can and work your way- slowly!- thru the Ages to where you have the space for an RAH. That combination, once each has a few levels to them, ensures that you won't run out of Supplies very often, if ever.

Just An Observer

The ultimate supply source is a Himeji Castle. If you can afford to buy the Diamonds, get it. Right now I run a Himeji Level 13, LoA Level 11 with 5 supply factories, Truce Tower Level 10 and a Seed Vault Level 1 (boosting it comes later) as my main supply sources. A variety of other buildings add varying amounts of supplies. Since I am running recursion through a Chateau that sustainably produces 40 FP's per day and lots of goods, getting a lot of supplies is a necessity.

What the weak spot in this arrangement is: 5 supply factories hurts in doing event quests. Prior to remodeling the city, 12 supply factories were present. That was just right for the demands placed on them to do various production cycles in differing amounts.

Advantages for fewer factories: More space. Less demand for population. Not so many buildings needing Aid, ensuring that all my Aidable buildings get it.

If I was FtP, then going with a LoA and Fat Albert would be done assuming I am not running recursion a lot.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Never spend diamonds for blueprints. You can find them easily by taking 5th position on a few mid to high level buildings for cheap (unless you are one of the first on a world with the great building, or are going for a Lotus Temple, Gaia Statue, or Space Needle for some unfathomable reason, then you may need to spend diamonds). Look through your guild, your friend's list, and your hood.

Just An Observer

While that's one option, you don't need diamonds for it. Just a goods supplier you can pay in Forge Points and a source of Himeji BPs

Those are not always easy to find. Unlike the Real World, where we have Yelp and Angie's List, how are we to know if someone purporting to be a dealer is actually reputable and performs well? I have yet to have any supposed dealers send me a message so they do not appear to be the kind of people who are of a genuine business orientation. One usually needs to advertise their services and seek customers. No ads, no outreach, no deal!

Wwwoodchuck

Those are not always easy to find. Unlike the Real World, where we have Yelp and Angie's List, how are we to know if someone purporting to be a dealer is actually reputable and performs well? I have yet to have any supposed dealers send me a message so they do not appear to be the kind of people who are of a genuine business orientation. One usually needs to advertise their services and seek customers. No ads, no outreach, no deal!
Unlike the Real World, there is no way to actually ‘advertise’ in FoE. It isn’t like they can fly a banner over their icon. However, if you read their description, a dealer usually tells that they are selling goods from certain eras. I found my first goods dealer asking someone on my Friends list who had the GB I was after. They said the transaction went smoothly so I messaged and setup the deal.

I have helped others who have put in on my GB get goods for them. Others have messaged and asked me where I got goods to build mine. You have to go looking for them, they are not going to come looking for you. They have no idea you even have the BP to put up a certain GB.

Distant Calliope

Unlike the Real World, there is no way to actually ‘advertise’ in FoE. It isn’t like they can fly a banner over their icon. However, if you read their description, a dealer usually tells that they are selling goods from certain eras. I found my first goods dealer asking someone on my Friends list who had the GB I was after. They said the transaction went smoothly so I messaged and setup the deal.

I have helped others who have put in on my GB get goods for them. Others have messaged and asked me where I got goods to build mine. You have to go looking for them, they are not going to come looking for you. They have no idea you even have the BP to put up a certain GB.
Actually, yes there is.. There's a global chat window at the top right of your screen. Everyone sees this if they look at it. I found my first and best goods dealer here. Subsequently, from speaking to in game friends, I have 2 more.
If you are very new to the game, IMO, look for a supportive guild. Make a few friends. Some neighbors will respond nicely if you ask to contribute FPs to their buildings. Learn the gentle art of "Bottom feeding" with permission and you will get lots of BPs plus extra bonuses. A guild will have swap threads. There are ways to get BPs and extras without using diamonds. I mean you can always buy diamonds to get that last BP if you cant wait. But really I recommend PLAYING THE GAME.. having fun.. I'm only on since March but have learned so much from friendly players, my mistakes and being part of a guild. Good luck.

Distant Calliope

For my ARC goods I went to the Global chat and placed a message... after a few hours I got a response. Now, as you will, relying on anything online.. you need to be careful. I looked at his guild, I messaged with him. He traded the goods with me, .5, my favor, for ANY goods, my choice. AFTER the goods exchange, I put 300 FP on his building. Done and done.. so yes, while no guarantees' you can definitely make a judgment call on someone by they way they ask you to proceed.
I had been waiting on a somewhat unreliable friend of a friend.. so at the time I didn't see that as more of a risk. lol
Not to mention, Others I had spoken with said they paid 375 fps and traded FPs first.. NOPE...
The other 2 I now know, subsequently came as good recommendations from friends.. and they are reliable. So now I'm lucky I can shop it a bit.
Some goods dealers let you hang around and add extra FPs to the building you put your FPs on, others don't like that. So also another question to ask, given you have the means to do that. BIG rewards there...

Last edited:

Just An Observer

This is clearly a YMMV kind of deal. Glad someone got something without being ripped off. Sorry for those who are dealing with bad sellers.

DevaCat

On mobile there is no global chat, so that's not a method for everyone. Mentioned already is to ask friends or even neighbors who they bought goods from. That can give you an idea of both prevailing pricing and reliability of goods sellers.

A guild can usually steer you to safe sellers, but ask yourself if your guildies know what they're talking about. Case in point: in a previous guild I asked about Arc goods and got 3 names the higher-ups worked with for guild GBs. Quotes were from 400 to 450 a set. I got a pm from another guildie I trusted and got a set from his guy for 150, fast and no problem. No one ever got ripped off by the guild recommended sellers (in the sense that they ran off with the fps), but people definitely got hosed on price. Kickbacks? I couldn't say, but I'm a suspicious cuss. In a good guild on the other hand it's not a problem and probably your safest bet for finding a seller.

I have gone with recommendations of people I trust, I have put fps out first and collected the goods after, and have never once had a problem. A couple of them were even willing to let me pay over a period of over two weeks if I needed to. I did not take advantage of this, as paying promptly (both parties) builds trust. If someone asks, I can recommend my seller. If I need goods my seller doesn't have, he can put me in touch with someone who does because he trusts me and I can in turn trust his recommendations. It's all about trust, good reputation and word of mouth.

If nobody's heard of some guy, proceed with caution lol. If the seller is among the top players on your server, it's very unlikely they're going to rip off anyone.

Edit: sorry to go so off topic! I agree with @Mustapha00 that there's no reason you can't have both in your city; I've seen some cities with both. @Axelroder, I'm curious about how you plan to use the space you might gain by reducing supply buildings. What's your game plan?

Last edited:

Emberguard

If the seller is among the top players on your server, it's very unlikely they're going to rip off anyone.
Lol yeah. Not impossible sure but if they tried to pull stunts they'd sure be hated pretty quick and likely have a hard time staying in any guilds

Distant Calliope

On mobile there is no global chat, so that's not a method for everyone. Mentioned already is to ask friends or even neighbors who they bought goods from. That can give you an idea of both prevailing pricing and reliability of goods sellers.

A guild can usually steer you to safe sellers, but ask yourself if your guildies know what they're talking about. Case in point: in a previous guild I asked about Arc goods and got 3 names the higher-ups worked with for guild GBs. Quotes were from 400 to 450 a set. I got a pm from another guildie I trusted and got a set from his guy for 150, fast and no problem. No one ever got ripped off by the guild recommended sellers (in the sense that they ran off with the fps), but people definitely got hosed on price. Kickbacks? I couldn't say, but I'm a suspicious cuss. In a good guild on the other hand it's not a problem and probably your safest bet for finding a seller.

I have gone with recommendations of people I trust, I have put fps out first and collected the goods after, and have never once had a problem. A couple of them were even willing to let me pay over a period of over two weeks if I needed to. I did not take advantage of this, as paying promptly (both parties) builds trust. If someone asks, I can recommend my seller. If I need goods my seller doesn't have, he can put me in touch with someone who does because he trusts me and I can in turn trust his recommendations. It's all about trust, good reputation and word of mouth.

If nobody's heard of some guy, proceed with caution lol. If the seller is among the top players on your server, it's very unlikely they're going to rip off anyone.

Edit: sorry to go so off topic! I agree with @Mustapha00 that there's no reason you can't have both in your city; I've seen some cities with both. @Axelroder, I'm curious about how you plan to use the space you might gain by reducing supply buildings. What's your game plan?
The main point I was making is that if you are paying FPs AFTER the goods exchange. That's the best way to do it the first time with any goods dealer. A legit dealer will do it that way. As you go along, you'll collect good references. Its takes time to build relations. I was waiting forever for a friend of a friend from my guild. Common sense is always a factor.

Emberguard

Most legit dealers will collect payment first and then hand over goods if they don’t know you. It would be a good idea to organise it in smaller amounts (eg, pay half get half the goods) so you only lose a portion if something goes wrong

DevaCat

Most legit dealers will collect payment first and then hand over goods if they don’t know you. It would be a good idea to organise it in smaller amounts (eg, pay half get half the goods) so you only lose a portion if something goes wrong
That's been my experience so far. Longshanks used to recommend breaking the trades down by the individual type of goods you are seeking (i.e., 5 trades), for the same reason of limiting potential loss in dealing with someone you don't yet know.

If someone you trust who knows you to be trustworthy can refer you to a seller they trust, then you can have situations where you can get the goods and take up to a week to pay over time, or be allowed to pay onto a reward spot (and get to keep the reward). Just takes time to find them, and make yourself a good rep of course. :)

Farfle the smelly

Never spend diamonds for blueprints. You can find them easily by taking 5th position on a few mid to high level buildings for cheap (unless you are one of the first on a world with the great building, or are going for a Lotus Temple, Gaia Statue, or Space Needle for some unfathomable reason, then you may need to spend diamonds). Look through your guild, your friend's list, and your hood.
Never underestimate the power and convenience of a good guild. I think my guildies P5 spots have elevated my game more than any other factor.