• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Alcatraz and Gov Villa

I haven’t been able to gather data on this but I was wondering if Alcatraz is producing units it shouldn’t. If the Gov Villa can produce any unit in an age (including the behemoth in AF) then could Alcatraz trigger off this building producing units that I don’t want?

has anyone tested this

Agent327

I haven’t been able to gather data on this but I was wondering if Alcatraz is producing units it shouldn’t. If the Gov Villa can produce any unit in an age (including the behemoth in AF) then could Alcatraz trigger off this building producing units that I don’t want?

has anyone tested this

There is no need to test it. Just read the description.

Nicholas002

There is no need to test it. Just read the description.
I think the description is wrong though.2020-08-10 12_37_49-Window.png
"Produces unattached military units every 24 hours, randomly chosen from any type you can produce in your city."
If you have the governor's villa in EMA, the governor's villa can produce barbarians. therefore, barbarians are a type you can produce in your city.

But I have never heard of Traz producing barbarians. Can it? or is the description wrong?

My apologies, I’m still confused on the replies. Alcatraz states it creates unattached units that I can produce. If I have a gov villa and no military buildings or rogue dens, would the Alcatraz still produce units?

If this is true then the gov villa is going to be a real PITA.

Agent327

My apologies, I’m still confused on the replies. Alcatraz states it creates unattached units that I can produce. If I have a gov villa and no military buildings or rogue dens, would the Alcatraz still produce units?

View attachment 16657
I think the description is wrong though.View attachment 16656
"Produces unattached military units every 24 hours, randomly chosen from any type you can produce in your city."
If you have the governor's villa in EMA, the governor's villa can produce barbarians. therefore, barbarians are a type you can produce in your city.

But I have never heard of Traz producing barbarians. Can it? or is the description wrong?

Im my languade it specifically mentions militairy buildings, but even then. The governor's villa does not produce units. It produces coins.

No.

Nicholas002

Im my languade it specifically mentions militairy buildings, but even then. The governor's villa does not produce units. It produces coins.
OK, I don't know your language, so I can't really argue on that one, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. (still wrong in English though...)
the Governor's Villa produces units when motivated.

wolfhoundtoo

The villa doesn't produce military units. You get them as a bonus when the building is motivated so the base production isn't military units. Barracks base production is army units.

Agent327

OK, I don't know your language, so I can't really argue on that one, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. (still wrong in English though...)
the Governor's Villa produces units when motivated.

In my language it says "produces every 24 hrs x unattached militairy units randomly chozen from all militairy buildings in your city."

wolfhoundtoo is right. The villa doesn't produce military units. It is a residential building. You get them as a bonus when the building is motivated so the base production isn't military units, but coins.

So nothing wrong there.

Johnnie

So it won't give you a bronze age military unit or a space-age military unit only military units from your age if, it's motivated. My question would be.. is it worth building due to its size?

ODragon

So it won't give you a bronze age military unit or a space-age military unit only military units from your age if, it's motivated. My question would be.. is it worth building due to its size?
Depends on what's in your city but for most, it is better than the 6 SoKs it would replace or combination buildings you need to remove to place it.

Farfle the smelly

It works for those young city builders who don't have a Traz yet (me). Plus all the other goodies that you can get all packed into 1 building. I plan on keeping mine for a while.
Would you tear it down once you got your traz, do you think? I’m going pretty slow on the traz so far because I haven’t really needed it in Iron. /-:

Lady Gato

I don't know cause it is the special building that keeps on giving. And it is smaller than many of the GBs that give some of the same things. Guess I will keep re-evaluating as I go, depending on what I need at the time or foresee myself as needing. LOL - when my Mom asked me a question she hated my answer "It depends". What I would like to know - if I store it, do I lose it's upgrades? Will it still be a level 9 if I decide to place it down again?

Just An Observer

Try this experiment: Store a Babel and see what happens. That is the cheapest way I can think of to find out on your own unless your ToB is highly leveled up and that is all you have for a GB. I wish I knew the answer for sure, but if no one does, an experimental shot with something of lower value will enable you to find the answer. Consider this as Plan B and hope that Plan A, getting a "For Sure!" answer comes your way :)

Plunder Queen

I don't know cause it is the special building that keeps on giving. And it is smaller than many of the GBs that give some of the same things. Guess I will keep re-evaluating as I go, depending on what I need at the time or foresee myself as needing. LOL - when my Mom asked me a question she hated my answer "It depends". What I would like to know - if I store it, do I lose it's upgrades? Will it still be a level 9 if I decide to place it down again?
Yes it will still be a level 9. You never lose upgrades when you store a building.

Emberguard

*from age of building.

If you have a Bronze Age villa it should produce Bronze Age units regardless of what your current age is. And yes it's worth building