• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Alcatraz and Rogues, Drummers, etc.

I was viewing an Alcatraz and saw it said it produced units according to the units you can produce in your city. Would it produce rogues, drummers, color guards, and/or champions if I had the hideout, retreat, etc.

Graviton

Yes. It produces a proportionate amount of troops from all of the troop buildings you have. They don't even have to be connected to a road.

Agent327

I was viewing an Alcatraz and saw it said it produced units according to the units you can produce in your city. Would it produce rogues, drummers, color guards, and/or champions if I had the hideout, retreat, etc.

If it produces units according to the units in your city and you have a drummerschool in your city, what do you expect? A drummer is a unit and a drummerschool can produce drummers.

You just started playing. You do not even have a GB yet. Focus on what you can do. Not what is out of your reach for maybe a long time.

Algona

If it produces units according to the BARRACKS in your city and you have a drummerschool in your city, what do you expect? A drummer is a unit and a drummerschool can produce drummers.

You just started playing. You do not even have a GB yet. Focus on what you can do. Not what is out of your reach for maybe a long time.

fFixed.

My recommendation? Completely ignore the advice(?) given in that post

This is a long term strategy game, which not surprisingly rewards you for long term strategy.

Which means knowing as much now as possible is an advantage.

Agent, why are you chastising a n00b about asking questions? Would it make any difference in the long run whether this question is asked now or six months from now?

Agent327

Agent, why are you chastising a n00b about asking questions? Would it make any difference in the long run whether this question is asked now or six months from now?

To me it does make a difference. I think you learn much more by findng out things on your own than by asking lots of questions. If you know how to find answers, you have a source all the time. If you need to ask questions, you have to rely on the answers you get and we all know that different posters can give different answers to the same question. So I am in favor of doing your own research. Most of the time your question has been asked and answered already.

Knowing as much as now possible is an advantage, but knowing how to find that knowledge is a much bigger advantage. Just my opinion. Can't do anything with you feeling that is chastising someone. I see it different. Asking about Cape Canaveral and Alcatraz when you have yet to place your first GHB does not make sense to me. Focus on what you can do, not on what you see others have done.

What it comes down to is that I see things different than you. Perhaps it is time you accept that.

MJ Artisan of War

One of the reasons that I have stayed in Iron Age for most of a year is to study and learn. I started reading the forum almost from the beginning and there is much wheat amongst the chaff.
One of the earliest things I learned was that the single biggest mistake one can make is to age up too fast. Makes game life very hard and cannot be fixed.
I don't ask a ton of questions, but i do read every single post, even the dumb ones.
Asking for specifics on how any GB works is not dumb... even if it is much easier found in the official wiki than here in the forum... where the wheat must be painstakingly separated from the chaff.

Algona

I think you learn much more by findng out things on your own than by asking lots of questions.

Your post is a wonderful answer.

I agree learning on your own is quite often much more efficient then asking.

But then isn't either or. Why not exercise all options for information?

In this case, Pickled Feet rad the Wiki and still had questions. Where to turn? Sure, they can ask Guildies, but what harm asking here?

If you know how to find answers

Exactly. 'If you know'. Searching the Official Wiki and this Forum are both fine options. If you can master them. Some folk easily can, some folk, (ne! I still use google) never get there.

we all know that different posters can give different answers to the same question

Exactly. Because different play preferences and styles lead to differing answers. Not necessarily right or wrong answers, just different answers.

Kinda like using differing sources to find information. No right or wrong way, just the best way that fits the needs (or wants) at the time.