• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Allow one motivation / polish / attack during the server day

• Thread starter Deleted member 30220
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The system counts 24 hours since the last action (polish/motivation or attack)
The same for the tavern visit.
Since we all are on the same server day, why not use it as a boundary for social interaction:
Allow one automated or manual aid or one attack, or one tavern visit during the day for all socially connected players
Nothing changes basically, but you lose the clock dependencies.
how about that devs?

UBERhelp1

First, it needs to be in the correct proposal format. Second, -1. This would just make a second recalc time, and we'd have tons of people complaining about lag. I feel it would actually make the situation worse than better.

Agent327

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get slushpuppy responses try to ignore it
  15. Disclaimer: I am not a mod. Just a very helpful person

DeletedUser38090

ok so you want aid/attack/plunder/tavern to work the same as reset in GvG..... why?
I guess scheduling issues, perhaps? Maybe he wants to be able to aid 10 am yesterday and 8 am today, and then 12 pm tomorrow?

DeletedUser

While this should be in proper format to be a proper proposal, since this would alter plundering it is therefore on the Do Not Suggest List. (Yes, it would. Since a plunder is allowed in the same manner/timing as these three, it would stand to reason that this change would affect that, too, even if it isn't spelled out in the proposal. And even if they left the actual plunder out of it, allowing the attack like this is clearly beneficial to plunderers and removes at least part of the 24 hour safe period after a plunder.)

So I'll move this thread to Forge Hall in case anyone still wants to discuss it.

DeletedUser38522

The system counts 24 hours since the last action (polish/motivation or attack)
The same for the tavern visit.
Since we all are on the same server day, why not use it as a boundary for social interaction:
Allow one automated or manual aid or one attack, or one tavern visit during the day for all socially connected players
Nothing changes basically, but you lose the clock dependencies.
how about that devs?
Actually you don’t lose the clock dependencies. When you motivate, polish or attack a member the clock starts 24 for that individual. It’s awesome. We all work different shifts. Life interrupts. Lol if my day starts at 4 am. Well that’s what I want in my clock for these tasks. If I log in during a lunch break. Some. The clock starts then for that next task in support or against a player.
What I feel crunched on is the daily challenge. That clock starts whether you have logged in or not. But that’s part of the challenge is t it. Lol

DeletedUser38090

What I feel crunched on is the daily challenge. That clock starts whether you have logged in or not. But that’s part of the challenge is t it. Lol
You could set the start time of the daily challenges 15 minutes before you do your daily login so that way when you do your daily FoE routine, you can check out the daily challenges before the routine, and adjust your routine/city to finish the daily challenges.

DeletedUser38522

You could set the start time of the daily challenges 15 minutes before you do your daily login so that way when you do your daily FoE routine, you can check out the daily challenges before the routine, and adjust your routine/city to finish the daily challenges.
I wish. That’s a good idea. But Oh my schedule is crazy. I have two autistic adult sons and work from home too. Although most days I’m up every 2 to 4 hours for the last 26 years. I’m ok in losing s few hours on a daily challenge to grab an extra hour of sleep.

qaccy

I support this idea on the notion that it sucks how, even if you're extremely diligent with your timing on visiting other players, it's inevitable that it slides backwards in the day until you're forced to either do it the next morning after you go to sleep or some other obligation forces a similar multi-hour pushback. It'd be nice to not have to worry about that.

Since the servers tied to this forum are intended for US players, I think it'd be reasonable to have this proposed 'server reset' time be in the late hours of the night, which would minimize the possibility for any so-called 'lag' from the crowd of people who rush to do their visits immediately after they become available. Even if it's true that there are players from all different time zones, I think if the visit timer resets somewhere around midnight for the west coast US, there won't be a great deal of people online to slam the servers with visiting. This is assuming that visits even put much strain on them in the first place.