Allow players to name their friends taverns

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Spotmeows, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Spotmeows

Spotmeows New Member

Proposal
    Within reasonable guidelines, allow players to name their Friends Taverns.

Current System (if applicable)
    The only name right now is "friends tavern".

Details
    Upon opening the friends tavern, players would have the option of changing the name of the tavern. This would allow for more creativity and expression.

Abuse Prevention
    There would need to be guidelines to prohibit profanity or serious hate speech. This could be in the form of certain words being blocked by the feature and resulting in an error message; a secondary option could be that other users could complain about a name being inappropriate and the name would be reviewed.

Visual Aids
    None

Conclusion
    This would not involve any resources, it would just be a way to express creativity and make the feature more fun.

2. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Couldn't come up with something usefull? Does this make the game any better? Total waste of time!

3. barra370804

barra370804 Well-Known Member

-1 Sorry.

I'll say it nice than @Agent327, why is this needed in the game? Can you elaborate on how this would contribute to the overall experience? This is your chance to change my vote

4. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

-1 All grapes stated above.

5. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's ripe for abuse
    Welcome to the "The Harlots arms"

6. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

-1 No. This idea adds nothing of substance to the game. I wouldn't want to see the devs waste any cycles on such fluff.

7. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Active Member

I love how people always stuff about the devs not wasting their time on fluff proposals but the problem with that idea is that even if it got approved they have the final say and if they agreed to make it a feature they have the power on when to implement it.
    +1
    Although I think it might be a good idea to only implement it after someone has completely leveled their tavern. There are plenty of people out there that don't.

8. Jern2017

Jern2017 Well-Known Member

-1. I don't think this is needed. We already have the option of naming our city and even adding a description to it. I like reading those as there are some real gems out there. I think that's enough.

9. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I vote no.

Useless.

What point does it serve for me to name my Tavern?

Currently if I open my Tavern I see Friends Tavern'.

I'm the only one that can see that, anyone else visiting my Friends Tavern already sees my name.

If you are talking about others being able to see whatever I name my Tavern:

Useless.

A small chance causing confusion,

A certainty that people will complain about some names, that means tickets filed, that means mods wasting time badgering childlike minds to change the name of their tavern.

And yes, devs times in developing a naming system.

Poor thinkery.

A passed Proposal is one step away from being worked on.

Once a Proposal gets passed on I no longer have a say in the matter.

This is the only opportunity I get to say, 'No, I don;t want the devs to work on this when I think they should be working on whatever it is that is important to me."

Sure, it's selfish on my part that I want the devs working on what I deem worthy, but that's fine, I'm a selfish guy.

10. willerz

willerz Member

11. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari FOE Team Co-Community Manager

^^
    This

12. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

The only reason I bother naming my cities is to quickly tell which world I'm on since I play on multiple worlds. Otherwise what's the point?

13. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

I do that too :D

14. anyempire

anyempire Member

15. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

+ 1

Why not. It allows for some personal creativity. While most of the players cities and profiles are pretty bland, every once in a while I get a chuckle out of one.

16. DevaCat

DevaCat Member

- 1. Regretfully, because I think it could be quite fun also. But given the all but certain childish behavior forecast above, and the tendency of some to become offended at the drop of a hat, I think it would only lead to headaches for the mods as noted.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  17. dominator - x

dominator - x Member

Once it goes into operation, we will have a ton of new Friends Taverns named: "You Can Customize Your Friends Tavern Profile Name."

18. starquester

starquester Member

I would like to see this i think it would be cool to name your tavern it would be a nice feature to go along with a future update and the devs do not have to go with the submitted proposals +1

19. True592

True592 Active Member

I believe there are more important things for devs to work on.

20. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Like mass Spamming?