• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted Allow us to save a "favorite army" and automatically swap it in when attacking.

KeithOfTheForge

Idea:
Allow us to save a "favorite army" and then add a button that allows us to use that favorite army when attacking.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Yes

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Not that I was able to find.

Reason:
When doing multiple battles over and over again, each time you have to remove your damaged units from your attacking army and then add in new fresh units before you attack again. This involves clicking up to 16 times and scrolling to find the units you want.

Details:
Add a button to the Army Management screen that allows us to automatically swap our attacking units with our "favorite army". Once you click the button, it will remove all units in your attack army and replace them with eight fresh ones from your "favorite army". This button will only work if you have eight 100% healed units to replace them with.

Visual Aids:
The green button would be the "favorite army" button.

favoritearmy.jpg

Balance:
Do not see any balancing issues.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any abuse as it would just allow people to click much less than they are right now.

Summary:
Allow us to save a "favorite army" and automatically swap it in when attacking.

MKPapa

Also, attached units should be preferred to unattached ones during such refresh.
And if we had an option of 2 such buttons - it would be even better (simply speaking, we would be able to have, for example, one fast and one heavy army to choose from).

Ebeondi Asi

Bots are greatly exaggerated. Though some players think they are everywhere. I have never seen any situation were it looked like someone was using a bot.
Most of the time it is poor players whining because they cannot duplicate what good players manage to do all the time, Honesty.
And they cry "bot" because they are foolish enough to think if they can't do it, no one can. LOL
Plus the penatly for gettig caught using bots is harsh. And I actually trust Inno is keeping an eye on it.

Moonlight Queen

Ebeondi Asi Bots are terrible and Inno is having trouble controlling them. I am a solid fighter and fight in GvG nightly. You know when a guild/player using a bot shows up because the game starts to hesitate and setting sieges and armies becomes very challenging. Bots are stupid...if you can't win on your own what is the point of playing the game. I wish Inno could get a better hold on those who use them.

As for the idea of having a army set is a good one.

Ironrooster

I like the idea.

Personally, my solo guild plays happily in GBG Gold League and occasionally in Platinum. I don't do GvG. If anyone is using a bot it doesn't appear to affect me.

Agaselle

I voted yes,..here is why explained..// every of the game mechanics must be learned ,..that said means there are starters and more advanced players that play long enough to know how to do it. Simple a game mechanic should allow speed of choice for all.Please disregard this message if not appropriate send ..

shughes3

Bots are greatly exaggerated. Though some players think they are everywhere. I have never seen any situation were it looked like someone was using a bot.
Most of the time it is poor players whining because they cannot duplicate what good players manage to do all the time, Honesty.
And they cry "bot" because they are foolish enough to think if they can't do it, no one can. LOL
Plus the penatly for gettig caught using bots is harsh. And I actually trust Inno is keeping an eye on it.
Bots and scripts are rampant. We have sent proof over and over again to Inno and they have been ignored. We have video of a guild with 5 fighters on taking a full sector(80 units) in 30 seconds.

shughes3

Also, attached units should be preferred to unattached ones during such refresh.
And if we had an option of 2 such buttons - it would be even better (simply speaking, we would be able to have, for example, one fast and one heavy army to choose from).
I was thinking of 3 slots, maybe opened with diamonds. In Jupiter 8 fast, 4previous age artillery/4 rogues and 1 ranged+7 rogues would cover just about every situation.

Mor-Rioghain

Bots and scripts are rampant. We have sent proof over and over again to Inno and they have been ignored. We have video of a guild with 5 fighters on taking a full sector(80 units) in 30 seconds.
Have you run the numbers to even see if what you are witnessing is possible using mouse clicks? taps on a mobile screen? I am not at all a fast 'clicker,' achieving such scores as 'turtle' on click-tests and I have worked with 4 or 5 other players and achieved very close to the numbers you have described when we're all very pressed to earn a sector/hex, etc.

The developers are going to want factual info, not based on feelings, and I don't blame them for wanting that. Lots of people feel cheated but that does not equate to actually being cheated.

I couldn't have said this better had I tried.
And they cry "bot" because they are foolish enough to think if they can't do it, no one can.
Absolutely.
Bots and scripts are rampant.
That's a heavy charge but it's vague. What exactly is rampant? Maybe your proof was equally imprecise.
We have sent proof over and over again to Inno and they have been ignored.
TBH if the only evidence they were given was your personal perception of speed based only what you and your guildies are capable of not the actual number of clicks that can actually be engendered by human hands then of course they're "ignoring" you. Why wouldn't they? Empirical evidence based on empirical data. (non-subjective is the key)
We have video of a guild with 5 fighters on taking a full sector(80 units) in 30 seconds.
I have to say that this line is the one that floors me the most. What video could possibly display this? In my experience there is no screen on any battle feature that displays the number of fighters present in the opposing guild. None. (Sorry but when I hear this kind of 'proof' I have to ask myself what kind of software or extension is used to achieve this effect -- to enable the ability to actually view the other guild's members? That kind of assertion smacks of hacking far more than people who have just practiced this method so many times over such a long period that they have become extra-proficient.)

@shughes3 , please understand that I am quoting you because you've presented your particular case in a well-written matter that is representative of a lot of players who are concerned -- and rightfully so -- over the use of bots, i.e., script writers, add-ons, etc. This is a concern that all legitimate gamers share and should. The integrity and balance of the game becomes moot when these abuses are not curtailed and render the game meaningless. I applaud your efforts to put a stop to it but I am recommending that you provide evidence that is less personal and yes, even less passionate. Find your passion in facts that can be determined by measure of possibilities, not probabilites. Quantitative and qualitative measures will take your argument to the next level while emoting will surely land your suggestions where they should be lacking such evidence, in the hopper.

MKPapa

The developers are going to want factual info, not based on feelings, and I don't blame them for wanting that. Lots of people feel cheated but that does not equate to actually being cheated.
AFAIK, FoElite demonstrated the fast fighting browser-based exploit to developers a year ago (and this exploit does not involve any 3rd party bots). So far, Inno did not provide a real solution. They would definitely need to seriously increase their server performance to add a real anti-cheating prevention without introducing noticeable lag, which means serious investments into their infrastructure, and so far they are not willing to do this.

I would like to see the addition of an option to automatically fight some n number of fights with the favorite army. To avoid automating the entire game, it could be limited to 5 or 10 engagements or the number if available army configurations. Although I haven't seen a case where I believed the other team was using bots, this could help put everyone else on the same footing with bot users.

MKPapa

I would like to see the addition of an option to automatically fight some n number of fights with the favorite army. To avoid automating the entire game, it could be limited to 5 or 10 engagements or the number if available army configurations. Although I haven't seen a case where I believed the other team was using bots, this could help put everyone else on the same footing with bot users.
And scripts that explolit this new functionality would get a 10 times boost and completely smash legitimate users