Already Built Indicator

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Daisy the Benevolent, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Daisy the Benevolent

Daisy the Benevolent Active Member

Proposal
    In the Build menu, have some kind of indicator that shows the number of that particular building, decoration or road section any you currently have in your city.

Current System (if applicable)
    Not sure if the browser version has this but mobile definitely doesn't. If browser does not either then there is no current system except for manual counting or searching.

Details
    Currently when I want to see if I already have a certain building in my city (and how many of that particular building), I have to look at the pictures in the Build menu to try to figure out if I have the building or not. This is especially true with military buildings and decorations. When a city gets crowded, it is even more difficult to identify certain buildings and it would be very useful to know if you have too many of a certain building or are missing something important. As of now, I can click on a building and it will tell me what the building is but I then have to go to the build menu to see what age that building is from to tell me if I should delete it or replace it with a newer building. If there could be an indicator in the build menu (on each building/decoration/road icon) showing the number of that particular item you have in your city at that time, it would really save time. Other games I play have this feature.

Abuse Prevention
    Not applicable

Visual Aids
    None

Conclusion:

I believe this feature would really help when trying to optimize one's city and develop or adhere to one's game strategy (such as "do I really need 40 brownstones", "do I have any "hidden" decorations to get rid of", "are all my roads upgraded to the latest option or do I have segments of old roads in my city", etc.). If this is something that can be easily added to the game design and programmed in, it would be great to have. If anyone has anything to add or info I may be missing, please comment.

Thanks!

OneAngrySnail and ardak kumerin like this.
  2. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I vote yes.

3. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

Yes I would like this.

4. Oskie66

Oskie66 Active Member

I support this proposal

5. nomad richie

nomad richie Well-Known Member

I like it too.

6. ardak kumerin

ardak kumerin Well-Known Member

I vote yes.

7. Xeromaus

Xeromaus New Member

Firm yes.

8. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    Yes, I hate that hidden 1x1 decoration I keep forgetting abouto_O

Daisy the Benevolent likes this.
  9. Lord Magister

Lord Magister Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund, Fel Dranghyr
    Yes,I agree with this idea too

10. OneAngrySnail

OneAngrySnail Member

I'd vote yes for this. :D

11. Cassaundrea

Cassaundrea Well-Known Member

Proposal
    In the Build menu, have some kind of indicator that shows the empty tiles hiding away in our cities. When clicked those hidden empty tiles would light up exposing the empty space sitting there idle.

Current System
    Right now unless you move everything there are empty tiles that are hidden away and going useless.

Details
    Currently many times empty tiles remain hidden until accidently discovered. Many times one or more empty tiles are hidden behind buildings or decos.

Abuse Prevention
    Not applicable

Visual Aids
    None

Conclusion:
    If we had an indicator that would light up empty tiles we could better plan our cities. If we need to place a deco for a quest we could click on the indicator and see if there are any tiles left open before we start deleting items we would like to keep. Likewise, if do want to delete something it might be better to do so adjacent to an already empty tile and thus use our precious spaces more efficiently.

ardak kumerin likes this.
  12. Cassaundrea

yes, additionally have a way for those items to be highlighted so you can see exactly where they are.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  13. ozzonelayyer

ozzonelayyer Member

I vote yes also.

14. Cassaundrea

bump....really no one is interested in this?

15. Daisy the Benevolent

Daisy the Benevolent Active Member

Maybe we should combine your idea with mine (the one about knowing how many of an item you have in your city)? I think you suggested that already in my proposal's thread. I am happy to edit my proposal to include your idea but in the event your idea is more difficult to execute (from a coding/development standpoint), I don't want Inno to dismiss the entire proposal. Maybe I could include it as an optional feature to be added if possible? All that said, though, I'm not terribly confident my idea will go anywhere either, although it does seem to be receiving support.

16. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  17. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

I love this idea

18. ardak kumerin

ardak kumerin Well-Known Member

I vote yes.

a and b.png

I'm using Alabaster Masons and Beekeepers now.

19. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Well-Known Member

Merging this thread with another thread.

20. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Well-Known Member

Merging this thread with another. It will now be called Building space indicator