• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Amelia Earhart

Lancer

Has Amelia Earhart ever been featured for a quest line during an event? She was fascinating. If she hasn't been, I hope someday they will. I would love to have her as an avatar.

Every month we mods discuss different ideas and feedback from the forum and I will bring this topic up at our next discussion. I think it's an excellent choice. Considering the amount of quests happen nowadays I can see it becoming a reality. Like I said I will let the rest know. Thanks

DeletedUser31631

I'm so happy yall think she would be a great historical person to feature as well.Her hometown is not far from where I live. The female pilots organization, The Ninety-Nines which Earhart was the the first President, maintain her birthplace in Atchison, Kansas as a museum of Earhart. They have an Earhart Scholarship fund as well. She is still a huge influence on women aviators to this day.
I love the idea of a statue.

DeletedUser31225

We already have Amelia's portrait, right? The one who looks like a lady aviator?

DeletedUser31592

We already have Amelia's portrait, right? The one who looks like a lady aviator?
I thought so, but I went through portraits three times on the Wiki and couldn't find it. So either I am blind, the Wiki is missing it, or we are imagining things.

DeletedUser31592

I thought so, but I went through portraits three times on the Wiki and couldn't find it. So either I am blind, the Wiki is missing it, or we are imagining things.

Found her. I went to look again. Summer 2014 event.
So I am blind. Not surprised, lol.

I even Googled it because I thought there was one and nothing came up.

DeletedUser26154

Found her. I went to look again. Summer 2014 event.
So I am blind. Not surprised, lol.

This suggested Amelia Earhart Historical Quest idea would get her avatar back into circulation.

Mahatma%2520Gandhi%2520Quotes%2520Images%2520photos%252027.jpg

Just like the Gandhi Portrait, that was recently reintroduced via the Historical Quest in his honor.

DeletedUser31631

Is it one that has to be earned, since I dont see it? Maybe I am just not seeing it. If not, I hope they do reintroduce it. I went as her to a holloween party once. It was tons of fun to dress as her in costume.

DeletedUser31592

Before my time, too.
I had a username on the forums before, but it must have been under an old email because I couldn't figure it out and had to make a new one. Recovery didn't work. But this is my username in the game, so I thought my username was the same on here. I was never super active and I couldn't long in, so I must be wrong. Last fall my work was insane and I was working 80-100 hours a week. I was on 'maintenance mode' in the game and never on the forums. Work returned to normal. I returned to reading the forums. After months of reading and being annoyed at not being able to respond, I just gave up and made a new name.

tl;dr, while my forum join date is just a few weeks ago, I've been playing for about 2.5 years. My main is in Q. I joined around the same time it opened, May 2015.

DeletedUser12620

Before my time, too.
I had a username on the forums before, but it must have been under an old email because I couldn't figure it out and had to make a new one. Recovery didn't work. But this is my username in the game, so I thought my username was the same on here. I was never super active and I couldn't long in, so I must be wrong. Last fall my work was insane and I was working 80-100 hours a week. I was on 'maintenance mode' in the game and never on the forums. Work returned to normal. I returned to reading the forums. After months of reading and being annoyed at not being able to respond, I just gave up and made a new name.

tl;dr, while my forum join date is just a few weeks ago, I've been playing for about 2.5 years. My main is in Q. I joined around the same time it opened, May 2015.

Don't you just miss the old days? :(

DeletedUser31592

Don't you just miss the old days? :(
In many ways, yes. Events were fun and new buildings are great. Now they come so often and there are so many buildings, the 'regular' game has kind of fallen away. With daily challenges coming out, I feel that is going to happen even more. I like stuff, but we only have so much space. And it kind of takes the fun away if it is too easy.

DeletedUser26154

Events were fun and new buildings are great. Now they come so often and there are so many buildings

You say that like it's a bad thing.

the 'regular' game has kind of fallen away

I'm new I guess, compared to you, because I don't remember anything falling away.

JCera.png

I just see things getting better and better.

ardak fdb.png

Exactly what do you mean by "fallen away?"