• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Amiar's Simple Guide to Settlement Gold

DeletedUser32824

Glossary:
CGs: Cultural Goods​
Copper: Copper Coins​
Dip: Diplomacy​

Overall Strategy:
  • 7 or 8 expansions (purchased with axes or mead)
  • Use only Huts, Shrines, and CG buildings
  • Use only an 8/8/4 hr rotation on all buildings.
  • The building ratio goal here is 6 hut:11 shrine:4 axe/beast and 5 hut:11 shrine:3 mead/wool (pictured at the bottom).

Phase 1: Planning
  1. Make a spreadsheet. Include the CG cost of every single bit of research in the embassy advancements tab. This is extremely important to do as it will help you know when to begin and end production of each CG.
  2. You are going to be ignoring quests with this strategy. Do not intentionally go for a quest, simply let it complete itself when it gets done. (Don't rush to make 50 horns when you are still building axes).
Phase 2: Acquiring Shrines
  1. This is the first research and it always costs 10 axes. This should be the first thing you spend axes on since shrines will be your main source of Copper income. Your first layout should basically be enough houses to make an axe smith or 2. If you can squeeze 2 it can help you get expansions sooner.start.gif
  2. After shrines are acquired, buy at least 3-4 expansions with axes to make room for more shrines and eventually some mead breweries. I think you can get 4 expansions for under 20 axes.
Phase 3: Acquiring Huts
  1. After making a mead brewery, focus your CGs on researching huts. If along the way you pick up a couple expansions for mead, no big deal, the time hit shouldn't hurt too much.
  2. Once huts are researched purchase remaining expansions with the CG of your choice.
Phase 4: Acquiring all Cultural Goods and Researching
  1. Once you have your hut, shrine, CG factory set up I would suggest building all of your axes (you should already have some smiths built and all of your mead together (you should already have 1 or 2 mead built). The point is, don't delete any axe smiths or mead breweries until your quota is full. So if you need 300 axes and 57 mead and you reach your mead quota with 150 axes to go, delete the mead brewery and build axe smiths. Once you have met your axe quota, replace them with horns, and once horns are done, replace with wool.
  2. In order to research beast hunters or the wool farm you need a lot of diplomacy...which you won't have from your city. This will take a little bit of time, so make sure you can spend 10 minutes or so rearranging everything. In order to meet the Dip necessary you will need to do the following:
  • Delete roads and fill with runestones
  • Delete CG buildings and fill with runestones
  • Delete some huts and fill with runestones (try not to do this one if possible)
  • Build Clan totems (this should only be necessary for the final push once all CGs are acquired)
Phase 5: Final Push
  1. Once all CGs are acquired you need to research a bunch of stuff and push through your quest line. So delete everything in your city (including roads), except your huts. Place all the huts in a corner and fill your city with clan totems (build time 1 hr). Once you have done that you should have enough diplomacy to research everything. Delete enough clan totems to build the clan house, willow, and mead hall. Once those parts of the quest are completed you will need 1200 diplomacy (you should have this from clan totems). Go ahead and delete your clan totems and build 5 goods buildings. Now you are done!diplomacy.gif

Ideal layout/ratio:
Below is an example of my poorly expanded city (I tried to minimize the impediments and ended up with just one 1x1 [the obelisk]). In it I have 6 huts, 4 hunters (representing either axe smiths or beast hunters), and 11 blacksmiths (representing shrines).layout1.gif
Notes:
  • This guide is not exhaustive or perfect. It's not a Prima step by step walkthrough, but just a general guide. Follow all of it or just parts if you want. I've gotten gold without spending diamonds 3 times, each with 1.5+ days to spare.
  • Having 4 CG buildings might not be the most efficient if you are running out of copper and doing 4hr overnight build timers. If you are doing 4hrs overnight, delete a CG building, build a shrine or 2 in it's place and get your copper back up and think about dropping the 4th CG building back in once you have a surplus of copper
Tips:
  • You can build an unattached shack to meet a population requirement to build another shrine. A connected shrine will make much more copper than one attached shack.
  • Always build 8,8,4. Getting the 4x bonus on an 8 hour gives you 40 goods and only 20 from a 4 hour. It's a huge difference and can help ensure you get gold.
  • When building a new CG building, try your best to log in an hour later and get those productions started.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40798

I've noticed that everyone posting these guides aren't accounting for people who may have impediments in their starting layout...

UBERhelp1

I've noticed that everyone posting these guides aren't accounting for people who may have impediments in their starting layout...
Sure we are. You just have to work around them. For example, my current layout has 2 impediments right in the middle of the expansions, but I was still able to take those in stride and build a good settlement.

The settlements are designed so that you start out with at least enough space for 1 goods building, the town hall thing that I can't remember the name of right now, and enough houses to support that goods building.

If you need help with your specific layout, just pm me with a screenshot.

Also, I should mention this particular guide is slightly outdated, as it made for when the last quest was for diplomacy and goods buildings.

Algona

A fundamental for good play in any game.

Don't snivel about your problems. Instead ask for help resolving your problems.

There is a delightful irony in this thread.

If you want to figure out what it is, look in the Best Guides subforum.

jimakoskx

As for Vikings i
a)Build 2 Axes x4 hours=10
b)Bye (1+5=6) 2 expansions remain 4 axes and put again 2 x 4 hours
c)With 2 exp. build the 3rd Axe and put the last 1000 coin for 4 hours
d)+10 axes came+4=14 ,sell 2 Axes ,create diplomacy,unlock Shrines(14-10=4) ,build 6 Shrines
(or at least 5) and work 5 minutes for an hour till 3rd(now unic) Axe finish just to have 1000 coins.
e) 4+5=9 must have 1000 coin put 4 hours more...goather coins from 6 shrines..
f)9+5=14-12 3rd expansion =2 .Now sell unic Axe builidng and with 3 expansions must be capable
to build 10 (or at least 9) Shrines...

g)Work with 10 Shrines to gother the required coins to directly unlock Horner(Beasts)
34 axe need to unlock Mead
lets say for Hut need 14 axe ,38 meads and
for Beast need 60 axe ,9 meads
So total=34+14+38+60+9=155
Use multiplier 200 so 200*155=31.000 coins must gother with 10 Shrines.
PLUS 4.000 or better 8.000 foir next step =~40.000

h)Now have ~31.000 coins and with 3 expansions we must (always most propably) build 4 Axe or 4 Mead buildings.
So start with 4 Axes and produce all need for Beasts,and after sell them unlock Meads and produce reuired for Beast meads.
No sell again all and with runestones unlock Beasts
Build 4 Beasts (sma architecture used in Axes) and put 4 hours or double depends on step g
Now...bye 4 expansions(1+1+5+12 and if lucky +21) meanining now we will be in 7 or 8 expantions.
Sell all again....almost for sure the settlement will finish with those 7-8 expansions.

g)Now build Shrines And Huts ..at about 22-24 Shrines...(huts,shuts blind/no roads)
and same procedure again to gather coins for unlocking WOOL and in some accasions unlock directly Clans...
Compute total goods *200 will give you an estimation on how many days need with 22-24 Shrines to work.

h)When coins ....same procedure again..starting with Beasts,Axes and Meads in the end.
But now with 7-8 expansions the architecture allow about 8 (EIGHT) or even 10 (TEN) Axe& Beast factories
and ..maybe 10 also Mead because in Mead may be we want to sell some Huts on order to fit as much...
But for sure 8 factories 'each' will be easy...

j)Now unlock Wool (and Clan if lucky+precomputed in your g step
meaning that you gaother goods also for Clan)
And now build Wool factories and maybe unlock 1-2 expansions but is relly not very big deal.
Also in g step may you need some more coins for tis reason..to immidiatelly build 7-8 Wool factories and pit them 4 hours.

i)Same procedure for finishing the settlements but now may use 1-2 market..depends..may be not!!!

Just to be mentioned that if someone hires a slave to hit 5 minutes...then Vikings can be finished ALWAYS in LESS than 8 days...
Some hours less...!!!

FoeVikingsStrategy_1.png

Amiar

Thanks for your replies, guys. I just came back to the game and am finding the guide's I left are still helping me out!

jmc6013

As for Vikings i
a)Build 2 Axes x4 hours=10
b)Bye (1+5=6) 2 expansions remain 4 axes and put again 2 x 4 hours
c)With 2 exp. build the 3rd Axe and put the last 1000 coin for 4 hours
d)+10 axes came+4=14 ,sell 2 Axes ,create diplomacy,unlock Shrines(14-10=4) ,build 6 Shrines
(or at least 5) and work 5 minutes for an hour till 3rd(now unic) Axe finish just to have 1000 coins.
e) 4+5=9 must have 1000 coin put 4 hours more...goather coins from 6 shrines..
f)9+5=14-12 3rd expansion =2 .Now sell unic Axe builidng and with 3 expansions must be capable
to build 10 (or at least 9) Shrines...

g)Work with 10 Shrines to gother the required coins to directly unlock Horner(Beasts)
34 axe need to unlock Mead
lets say for Hut need 14 axe ,38 meads and
for Beast need 60 axe ,9 meads
So total=34+14+38+60+9=155
Use multiplier 200 so 200*155=31.000 coins must gother with 10 Shrines.
PLUS 4.000 or better 8.000 foir next step =~40.000

h)Now have ~31.000 coins and with 3 expansions we must (always most propably) build 4 Axe or 4 Mead buildings.
So start with 4 Axes and produce all need for Beasts,and after sell them unlock Meads and produce reuired for Beast meads.
No sell again all and with runestones unlock Beasts
Build 4 Beasts (sma architecture used in Axes) and put 4 hours or double depends on step g
Now...bye 4 expansions(1+1+5+12 and if lucky +21) meanining now we will be in 7 or 8 expantions.
Sell all again....almost for sure the settlement will finish with those 7-8 expansions.

g)Now build Shrines And Huts ..at about 22-24 Shrines...(huts,shuts blind/no roads)
and same procedure again to gather coins for unlocking WOOL and in some accasions unlock directly Clans...
Compute total goods *200 will give you an estimation on how many days need with 22-24 Shrines to work.

h)When coins ....same procedure again..starting with Beasts,Axes and Meads in the end.
But now with 7-8 expansions the architecture allow about 8 (EIGHT) or even 10 (TEN) Axe& Beast factories
and ..maybe 10 also Mead because in Mead may be we want to sell some Huts on order to fit as much...
But for sure 8 factories 'each' will be easy...

j)Now unlock Wool (and Clan if lucky+precomputed in your g step
meaning that you gaother goods also for Clan)
And now build Wool factories and maybe unlock 1-2 expansions but is relly not very big deal.
Also in g step may you need some more coins for tis reason..to immidiatelly build 7-8 Wool factories and pit them 4 hours.

i)Same procedure for finishing the settlements but now may use 1-2 market..depends..may be not!!!

Just to be mentioned that if someone hires a slave to hit 5 minutes...then Vikings can be finished ALWAYS in LESS than 8 days...
Some hours less...!!!

View attachment 20479
the population will not let you do what you are saying

jimakoskx

the population will not let you do what you are saying

What do you mean?...with 2 expansions you can build 3 houses more and 1 Axle.
So having 3 Axles is most propably a simple task.
Here all what i found from my files storage.

Below you can see 2 different styles hosting 9 houses and 3 Axles

ReplyVik.png

jmc6013

Thank you for the help. I'm going to start over and try again. Just having trouble making it work. Again thanks

jimakoskx

Thank you for the help. I'm going to start over and try again. Just having trouble making it work. Again thanks

a)In all settlements(and maybe on normal cities too) the biggest secret is to lock/blind your houses to earn some squares
b)If you find Vikings difficult or boring or that need to much 5 minutes work
try Aigyptian settlement because if you learn it you can finish each level in 11-14 days
WITHOUT too much 5-minute work (basically not at all 5 minute work)

c)Every settlement at 2nd playthrought gives one SLOT for emissaries...
So having all settlements played THREE times and after decide what you will finish ...its fine !!!

d)Settlements are nice for those players that like architecture/puzzle
Because if the player try for 10-20 minutes he can add just one more factory
that previuslly supposed that 'that can not happen!!"

In normal cities we have RECONSTRUCTION MODE in order to save us from those 10-20 minutes of experiements.
But in settlement you can use some external tool (builder etc)

e)Especially now that Main Reward Buildings from Settlements will be upgrated
then no reason (other than self satisfaction) to hurry and worry so much
about the TIME you will finish the settlements and if you take the FRAGMENTS
Because the Basic reward is quarantee...that you will take it...
(and also the secondary buildings (from fragments) are not in the schedule to be upgrated)
so no worries for all of us....just finish the settlements!!

Last edited:

jimakoskx

And the biggest secret for Aigyptian Settlement is to NOT build ARMY for 1-2 days(depend on your luck)
That mean that we TARGET Quest 7 that give us 25 Barley,,,and Quest 9 for 2x3 houses
After that (or at least after Quest 7) we build those 2 Nubian Archer Buildings

Last edited: