• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

An Abuse of the Forum ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser36301
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser36301

I refer to the thread GvG: Enough is Enough

This thread has been launched twice. The first thread was closed by the moderation team due to “being in breach of the forum rules”, specifically it was considered "Inno Bashing". On request of examples where "Inno Bashing" occurred, I was not supplied with any. In the absence of such examples, I could only consider the reasoning to be inadequate. Thus, after a discussion with a senior member of the moderation team, the thread was relaunched. Despite the fact the relaunch of the thread was approved by a senior member of the moderation team, the thread has been found closed once again, with no explanation provided.

Thus, I’m resided to publicly request a formal explanation as to the reasoning behind closing the thread yet again?

It should be noted that the purpose of the thread is not to "bash inno" but rather to make them aware of the crippling issues that prevail on GvG. Thus, the thread is meant as a mere appeal to Innogames so that they may be aware of the intensity of the issues for players and can schedule a solution if within their remit to do so. The said issues are largely breaking our gaming experience and making it very difficult to play, so difficult many are threatening to leave. That would be a shame, and up until the launch of this letter to many differing platforms, we were unsure if Innogames were aware of the intensity of this situation. It should also be noted that Article 15 of the Terms and Conditions supplied by Innogames obligates players to inform Innogames of any defects that exist on the game.

If our motives need assessing, please feel free to view the thread on EN Server. This thread has been successfully running on the EN server for 15 days and has had some very useful and constructive feedback, such feedback can only prove to assist Innogames in identifying the nature of the faults that exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31735

I looked over the article and have experienced some of those issues myself. The not being able to enter the sector until several clicks and the army not populating correctly. As far as it crashing I think I have only had that happen a few times. I am not an avid reset fighter, but I am all about making GvG better! (Perhaps adding AF and OF)....

Thanks for pointing this out Rince

DeletedUser36301

I looked over the article and have experienced some of those issues myself. The not being able to enter the sector until several clicks and the army not populating correctly. As far as it crashing I think I have only had that happen a few times. I am not an avid reset fighter, but I am all about making GvG better! (Perhaps adding AF and OF)....

Thanks for pointing this out Rince

Thanks Ziggy appreciate your positive feedback :)

DeletedUser32307

If Inno is going to operate on America, adhere to the basic first amendment freedom of speech. Otherwise you are just looking like a greedy company who aren't willing to fix issues with the game. I know money is not an issue, I know a player on our server who spent so much on diamonds, he could cover server costs for an entire year. So please stop suppressing our voices and act in good faith of the game.

DeletedUser26120

InnoGames is operated in Germany, the EU doesn't have freedom of speech. They regulate it quite a bit in a few of the countries there, if you wanted to get technical. Laws are based on where a server is hosted, not where the majority of users are.

As for an answer to your issue I'll let someone else speak on the matter.

DeletedUser36301

Thank you Dursland, as I hope you can appreciate there is a great deal of frustration here

DeletedUser32307

.com is a US domain even though the server is located in Germany so in a best interests of any company operating in America to adhere to American standards for that segment. Companies usually follow federal regulations and guidelines if their aim is maximum profit. It's also subject to lawful monitoring by intelligence agencies even though you are located on another country. If Inno chooses to not adhere to it, you can lose a big portion of your customer base which are American if they feel they have no voice. You have to understand the American customer.

It's not like I have anything against Inno, I think it's in the best interests of Inno to fix GvG so they can make more money.

SeamusRex

There is a lot of frustration with the issues surrounding the bugs in GvG and the apparent lack of concern from Inno about either hearing player grievances or fixing issues.
As for all the talk of Constitutional Rights, please folks. Don't get your 'Merica up. First, the Constitution protects your rights from encroachment from the Government. Unless someone elected Inno as sovereign of these lands, your rights are not being violated.
It might be a slimy, underhanded, cowardly way to deal (or rather Avoid dealing) with the problems, but this isn't a 1st Amendment issue. When dealing with private persons and companies, you don't get free speech rights.
It's Capitalism. If you don't like what they're doing, stop patronizing them. The best way to get a company's attention is to kick them in the wallet. Just don't play if you don't like their actions.

As for actual bugs, yes. GvG is full of issues. Constant issues with maps not refreshing, lag, and the map not registering mouse clicks. Also I have a ton of times where the informational pop ups cover the menu I need to click, making it difficult to get back into a sector to continue a siege.

DeletedUser36224

the EU doesn't have freedom of speech

Wrong :) We just word it differently!

Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights provides the right to freedom of expression and information, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society". This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas

But leaving aside the EU laws for a moment, Innogames very own Article 15.4 states:
15.4 You are obliged to collaborate as far as possible with the elimination of the Games' defects.

DeletedUser36224

.com is a US domain even though the server is located in Germany so in a best interests of any company operating in America to adhere to American standards for that segment. Companies usually follow federal regulations and guidelines if their aim is maximum profit. It's also subject to lawful monitoring by intelligence agencies even though you are located on another country. If Inno chooses to not adhere to it, you can lose a big portion of your customer base which are American if they feel they have no voice. You have to understand the American customer.

I think we're getting a little excited here. I highly doubt Innogames want to suppress anyone's freedom of speech. Especially not a European, we respect this as much as America.

It's a simple misunderstanding between moderators and players as to the motives of the post. Moderators are doing their best to fulfil their duty to Innogames and to players. Let's keep calm and see that the situation can be negotiated to a suitable resolution [regarding the operation of the thread] for all concerned.

At the end of the day, the players want to see Innogames success as much as Innogames. It's in all our interests.

DeletedUser30900

I won't comment on GvG, but I want to clarify that "freedom of speech" doesn't apply to private companies, even in America. It protects you from legal repercussions, it does not prevent private companies from regulating their own property, such as forums, or their users and employees.
It’s gonna be a bad and wrong comparison. But it’s just like people link everything with racism:)

Volodya

I refer to the thread GvG: Enough is Enough

This thread has been launched twice. The first thread was closed by the moderation team due to “being in breach of the forum rules”, specifically it was considered "Inno Bashing". On request of examples where "Inno Bashing" occurred, I was not supplied with any. In the absence of such examples, I could only consider the reasoning to be inadequate. Thus, after a discussion with a senior member of the moderation team, the thread was relaunched. Despite the fact the relaunch of the thread was approved by a senior member of the moderation team, the thread has been found closed once again, with no explanation provided.

Thus, I’m resided to publicly request a formal explanation as to the reasoning behind closing the thread yet again?

It should be noted that the purpose of the thread is not to "bash inno" but rather to make them aware of the crippling issues that prevail on GvG. Thus, the thread is meant as a mere appeal to Innogames so that they may be aware of the intensity of the issues for players and can schedule a solution if within their remit to do so. The said issues are largely breaking our gaming experience and making it very difficult to play, so difficult many are threatening to leave. That would be a shame, and up until the launch of this letter to many differing platforms, we were unsure if Innogames were aware of the intensity of this situation. It should also be noted that Article 15 of the Terms and Conditions supplied by Innogames obligates players to inform Innogames of any defects that exist on the game.

If our motives need assessing, please feel free to view the thread on EN Server. This thread has been successfully running on the EN server for 15 days and has had some very useful and constructive feedback, such feedback can only prove to assist Innogames in identifying the nature of the faults that exist.
The moderator who closed that thread has done other inexplicable things, generally without explanation.

DeletedUser32307

I won't comment on GvG, but I want to clarify that "freedom of speech" doesn't apply to private companies, even in America. It protects you from legal repercussions, it does not prevent private companies from regulating their own property, such as forums, or their users and employees.

That may be so but most private companies allow freedom of speech from their customers, hence surveys, complaint departments, forums to vent complaints etc. Economically, it's in Inno best interests to not suppress freedom of speech so they can improve the game.

saknika

Absolutely. As if the issues with GvG were not frustrating enough, how frustrating it is to try and bring them to the attention of those with the ability to correct them, only to be shut down repeatedly. Not only that, but you go through support first, who says you have to take it to the forum. Then you take it to the forum, who says you cannot post it here. What avenue are we supposed to take? When the whole team cannot come to a complete consensus, or in this case, when the right and left hands don't know what each other are doing, it means that the players suffer in the long run. How are we supposed to find resolution, when we cannot speak on the issues we're dealing with?

I've personally experienced many of the issues stated in that previous post regarding GvG, and not always right at calc. I love this game, it's the first game I've played consistently for over 3 months (I'm going on 3 years), but GvG is a huge (if not the one and only) reason I'm still here. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but how am I (and others) supposed to know that when we cannot seem to keep that forum post open to alert others that hey, we're having the same issues. In-game chatter is difficult, at best, because of how the threads bounce (and you cannot sticky a topic to the top), and the in-game forums aren't available to mobile players (who many would like GvG capabilities, too). This is the one place we can all gather, and where the information won't disappear, and where we can collaborate on the issues at hand, and perhaps even help Inno pinpoint what could be causing them simply by reporting them. But it keeps getting shut down.

DeletedUser36228

We have tried several times to raise the same issues here on the US server that we have successfully raised on the UK server forum. On that forum we have received very positive feedback from players, as well as the moderator team removing off topic/irrelevant posts.

Since our forum thread started, we have already seen some overall improvements in GVG. Not everything has been addressed, but we do feel confident our voices are being heard and they are working to fix the very frustrating issues we've all been facing on the maps. Here, we've been nothing but shut down completely. Support tickets closed or left open without response for up to a week. Two forum posts being shut down, even after discussing and receiving permission to re-post our thread from a senior moderator. We do love this game and for many of us, GVG is why we keep playing it. It has an element of teamwork and excitement that no other part of this game has. We ask that you please give us our voice back and let us adhere to Inno's own terms & conditions when it comes to reporting and discussing issues in the game (see Article 15) .

Status
Not open for further replies.