• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

An Abuse of the Forum ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser36301
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4770

If this issue is being debated by the two of you on EN then I'm not sure of the purpose of launching it here as well. However, we will place the thread back into circulation. However, if the thread gets out of hand again, it will be removed.

DeletedUser36228

If this issue is being debated by the two of you on EN then I'm not sure of the purpose of launching it here as well. However, we will place the thread back into circulation. However, if the thread gets out of hand again, it will be removed.

Thank you very much Panacea, we appreciate the thread being reopened. If you could please cite directly for us what got 'out of hand' on the original posting of our thread, we can advise posters to avoid such things. We saw no evidence of Inno bashing (as suggested by Snowbelle when the original post was closed). While we can't control what others post in the forums, we will do our best to keep the discussion on topic.

saknika

I think the big thing, honestly, is that it's not just the UK having the glitches, and so it shouldn't just be the UK's voice that is heard when it comes to working on a solution. :)

DeletedUser36301

Hi Panacea

Do we relaunch the thread or will you unlock the other one?

Agent327

They are debating it on every forum they can find. You close it, they start a new thread. Keep copying the same message over and over again.

DeletedUser

They are debating it on every forum they can find. You close it, they start a new thread. Keep copying the same message over and over again.
Sounds like the definition of spamming, doesn't it? No wonder the threads are getting shut down.

RazorbackPirate

We have tried several times to raise the same issues here on the US server that we have successfully raised on the UK server forum. On that forum we have received very positive feedback from players, as well as the moderator team removing off topic/irrelevant posts.

Since our forum thread started, we have already seen some overall improvements in GvG. Not everything has been addressed, but we do feel confident our voices are being heard and they are working to fix the very frustrating issues we've all been facing on the maps. Here, we've been nothing but shut down completely. Support tickets closed or left open without response for up to a week. Two forum posts being shut down, even after discussing and receiving permission to re-post our thread from a senior moderator. We do love this game and for many of us, GvG is why we keep playing it. It has an element of teamwork and excitement that no other part of this game has. We ask that you please give us our voice back and let us adhere to Inno's own terms & conditions when it comes to reporting and discussing issues in the game (see Article 15) .
You've successfully raised your issues on the UK forum, Inno has taken those issues seriously, is addressing those issues, and you've already seen improvements. Sounds to me like your voice has been heard. Good job.

If that the case, why then come onto the US server and start the exact same thread? What exactly are you hoping to achieve with that? Sounds like dog piling to me. Are you hoping that if you can get every server in an uproar over this issue, that what, they'll work faster? Work harder? Hire more people? Pull a rabbit out of their hat?

So yes, it sounds to me like your goal is to Inno bash. You want to stir up discontent and get everyone complaining about how GvG sucks and by extension Inno sucks for not having fixed this yesterday. Maybe this is the Mods enforcing a soft DNSL regarding this issue. Inno essentially saying, "Yes. We've heard you and we're working on it. Stop starting s**t and stirring the pot. It's not helping." That would be my take anyway.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the developers have had their hands a bit full with the HTML transition? The roll-out of Reconstruction Mode? Do you think it might Limping along having to code everything twice until they can finally jettison Flash for good? Do you think that getting the primary game and UI fully functioning and optimized in HTML might take precedence to and 'offshoot' of the game not available to 60% of it's user base?

Makes sense why they might want to shut the threads down.
I think the big thing, honestly, is that it's not just the UK having the glitches, and so it shouldn't just be the UK's voice that is heard when it comes to working on a solution. :)
Adding your voice to the choir that's already being heard adds what to the debate? Other than, "Yeah, me too," what can you add? Another body for the dog pile?
Sounds like the definition of spamming, doesn't it? No wonder the threads are getting shut down.
"Based on the above clues, I'll say, "What is a dog pile?", for the win Alex."

Last edited:

DeletedUser

And as I've said before, many if not most of the problems stem from the cookie cutter way guilds/players do GvG. Most fighting at the same time every day. Setting multiple sieges simultaneously. Why Inno has to always get bashed instead of the guilds/players doing what they can to alleviate the issues is beyond me.

It's like the old joke.
Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Don't do that."

DeletedUser34800

And as I've said before, many if not most of the problems stem from the cookie cutter way guilds/players do GvG. Most fighting at the same time every day. Setting multiple sieges simultaneously. Why Inno has to always get bashed instead of the guilds/players doing what they can to alleviate the issues is beyond me.

It's like the old joke.

Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh. I haven't heard that one, or maybe just forgot it. Either way, funny hahaha.

DeletedUser29726

It's like the old joke.

Because they put themself at a disadvantage to NOT do that. In an active war (which is what all the recalc people are), the side that goes fastest after recalc gets the shield to progress/block progress for the day. Since defense armies are highly ineffective as a deterrent on their own (a system problem - not a player problem), racing for invulnerability shields at recalc is the only option. Now some guilds do attempt to do as little as possible at recalc in an attempt to save some stuff to do when their enemies might not be around - but for the side with stronger numbers continuing to force the issue at the time of their best turnout (which may be recalc because it's the most important time) does make sense.

If everything happening at the same time actually is the root of the GvG problems (I've had many of the issues happen at off hours even when i'm the only one fighting too), then it's on inno to make recalc less unique somehow.

DeletedUser36228

You've successfully raised your issues on the UK forum, Inno has taken those issues seriously, is addressing those issues, and you've already seen improvements. Sounds to me like your voice has been heard. Good job.

If that the case, why then come onto the US server and start the exact same thread? What exactly are you hoping to achieve with that? Sounds like dog piling to me. Are you hoping that if you can get every server in an uproar over this issue, that what, they'll work faster? Work harder? Hire more people? Pull a rabbit out of their hat?

So yes, it sounds to me like your goal is to Inno bash. You want to stir up discontent and get everyone complaining about how GvG sucks and by extension Inno sucks for not having fixed this yesterday. Maybe this is the Mods enforcing a soft DNSL regarding this issue. Inno essentially saying, "Yes. We've heard you and we're working on it. Stop starting s**t and stirring the pot. It's not helping." That would be my take anyway.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the developers have had their hands a bit full with the HTML transition? The roll-out of Reconstruction Mode? Do you think it might Limping along having to code everything twice until they can finally jettison Flash for good? Do you think that getting the primary game and UI fully functioning and optimized in HTML might take precedence to and 'offshoot' of the game not available to 60% of it's user base?

Makes sense why they might want to shut the threads down

Thank you for your post RazorbackPirate. We feel strongly that the reason we're being listened to now, after many years of not, is our strength in numbers. Showing Inno just how many players still love GVG and that it is the main reason many of us play. We've tried numerous times in past to raise these issues and have been told GVG was not a priority. Making this a combined appeal to Inno Games to fix what we love most about FoE has shown them it's importance to players.

These aren't issues that have been taking place over just a few weeks, or months, but years. Regardless of our efforts individually in past, our voices were not heard. With the posting of our thread, more and more players are stepping forward to report similar (and sometimes other) issues while working on the maps. They are also reporting how important this part of the game is to them. So again, we believe now that Inno are seeing how many of us feel this way, they are starting to give the maps the attention they deserve. There are many active GVG teams here on the US server and many of those teams have felt the loss of valuable players due to frustration over the bugs and issues in GVG. We would like all players and teams here to have a voice in this, should they choose.

We have the utmost respect for the work the moderators, CM's and developers at Inno do and have done our best to work with and adhere to their guidelines. While we know things like introducing HTML5, events, etc take up their time, GVG is still an integral part of this game with long-standing, unaddressed issues. Our thread(s) are bringing very positive attention to that and we hope they continue to do so.

We would like to make note that our thread to discuss this has still not been re-opened.

RazorbackPirate

We would like to make note that our thread to discuss this has still not been re-opened.
Is that we, as in the royal we? Anyway, I don't have an issue with them not reopening those threads. I've read those threads and they've run their course. There's nothing new being said that hasn't already been said in thread after thread.

Your altruistic rhetoric aside, what more do you hope to achieve by making a repeat thread here and insist it be given priority? You even make a thread about the other threads being closed. You've nailed your theses to the door, Inno is addressing it, move on. This ain't the Reformation.

DeletedUser

If everything happening at the same time actually is the root of the GvG problems...then it's on inno to make recalc less unique somehow.
I remember they tried changing the recalc time once, which would have at least cut down on the number of sieges at recalc, and y'all raised such a ruckus that they almost immediately moved it back.

DeletedUser29726

I remember they tried changing the recalc time once, which would have at least cut down on the number of sieges at recalc, and y'all raised such a ruckus that they almost immediately moved it back.

Because it didn't change that there was one important time, it just made the important time inconvenient for a large number of people.

DeletedUser32307

It's like the old joke.

You are acting like this is 1999 with ultra slow connections. This is 2018. Everything is fast now, except gvg of course. If we all thought like you, we still wouldn't have found out how to make fire.

Why do the anti-gvgers have a problem with people raising issues that are clearly affecting the game? I just want mine to work properly, especially with the rig I have set-up, 90 mbps average speed, it can handle high performance games far more complex than gvg. Yet GVG performs poorly. It's not me, that's for sure.

DeletedUser36301

Unfortunately the reason threads like ours don't last long is because of all the negative responses as above, it's such a shame we live in a world were people give up so easily.
But for some of us who actually care about the game, we have decided to make the effort now, as LSB has already stated following a recent server adjustment we have seen some positive improvement in a couple of the GvG issues, we still have some way to go to get it fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.