• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

An Abuse of the Forum ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser36301
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfhoundtoo

InnoGames is operated in Germany, the EU doesn't have freedom of speech. They regulate it quite a bit in a few of the countries there, if you wanted to get technical. Laws are based on where a server is hosted, not where the majority of users are.

As for an answer to your issue I'll let someone else speak on the matter.

Freedom of speech in the USA refers to the government limiting speech not a private company. While there are no doubt laws that would impact what can and can't be posted the mere fact that a mod closed a thread is extremely unlikely to be considered a violation of someone's freedom of speech by the courts.

Salsuero

If Inno is going to operate on America, adhere to the basic first amendment freedom of speech.

InnoGames is a private company. The 1st Amendment is not impeded simply by not allowing you to post on a forum run by said company. The "Freedom of Speech" pertains only to government persecution. Unless you are being criminally attacked, InnoGames is under no obligation to protect anyone. They may have policies that they choose to follow that provide for the protections of users, but the law would not side with you in a free speech case against them. Of course, that's assuming they have to abide by any American laws. If they don't, your argument is moot.

DeletedUser36301

Total BS. If that was the case you would collect all the info and offer that to Inno. What you do is trying to get the spotlight on every forum and medium you get to try to force Inno to do what you want.

As you have no idea what I actually do, I suggest you keep your crude comments to yourself

DeletedUser

As you have no idea what I actually do, I suggest you keep your crude comments to yourself
I know what your group actually does. You ignore Forum rules. You post threads bashing Inno, and when they rightly get shut down, you break the rules against posting about moderation issues. If you have an issue with moderation, the Forum rules spell out very clearly how to (and how not to) address them. In addition to this, your stated purpose of merely informing Inno of the issues with GvG doesn't hold water, because your original postings on the EN Forum accomplished that by your own admission. So quit playing the innocent crusader.

Incidentally, if large numbers of players were going to quit over GvG issues, they probably would have done so already, since the problems have been well documented for quite a long time.

Thank you for that virtue signal. Of course I don't care about the game, I just play it every day.

They've heard you, your issues are being addressed, and you're seeing improvements. Again, I ask. What more do you hope to achieve by making a repeat thread here? How does that achieve the result faster? Once the lift (elevator) is on it's way, no amount of pushing the button is going to make it arrive faster. It might make you feel better, but it's not going to make the doors open any faster.

It appears to be another case of "Squeaky Wheel Syndrome." A lot of that going around.

DeletedUser4770

+1 @Clara Osgood

@Panacea @Snowbelle @Dursland
Or can the moderators who have chimed in do it?!? If the thread is going to be reopened, I would think a running list would be best vs multiple threads. Pick one and go with it but change the negative connotation attached to this or remove *it*.

As a great many of you have pointed out, InnoGames has acknowledged the issues with GvG and their commitment to work on these issues. A request (however phrased) to fix these "NOW!" will do no good whatsoever as InnoGames does not work on a single player's schedule but on a very long timeline with multiple Events, questlines and issues on the timeline.

Please know that InnoGames is committed to having a great game that is enjoyed by its players. We ask for feedback with each event, questline and changelog and listen to those who take the time to write. Thank you for everything in this thread but we will be closing it at this time.

Panacea
Community Manager
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.