• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

An interesting strategy...

DeletedUser31592

Not necessarily... they may be roommates and have entirely unrelated data plans from their cell phone carriers. One cannot assume such things. And trust me, I'm not a fan of the people who do cheat using multiple accounts. But at the same time, it's not a given just because people live in the same house. I live in a house with two other people and we all have separate cell phone plans. I don't think any of them play FoE -- never bothered to ask -- honestly don't care.

Some other things are coming out from other people that make it sound more like multiple accounts. Someone asked Owner if they were interested in participating in an Arc swap, they declined. Same person was later working with S. S said she had to friend Owner and gave her a list of people she had to remove because they were 'unethical'. She passed. Things are now connecting.

Another person had an interaction with them and they claimed Owner was S's wife.

We've got multiple stories, all a bit off. Definitely suspicious.

It is funny- I never suspected this to turn out that way. But it makes sense. S is in 3rd. Both myself and the person in 2nd (who Owner mentioned wasn't supposed to be a contributor either) have made them mad because we sniped S's spot. S has 200+ FPs on a spot that pays like 25. He is mad. His main account is getting shorted, so he's trying to extort more FPs to make up the loss.

Salsuero

Some other things are coming out from other people that make it sound more like multiple accounts.

I'm in no way saying that your example isn't a cheater. I was just saying that it can't be a blanket assumption that people sharing a home together are using the same connection.

DeletedUser31592

I'm in no way saying that your example isn't a cheater. I was just saying that it can't be a blanket assumption that people sharing a home together are using the same connection.
Oh, I know. Which is why I didn't immediately report it. I went through, looked into a few things, found enough to make me suspicious, and decided to let Inno look into it. In the meantime, I've had a few conversations where things look even more suspicious.

Agent327

Not necessarily... they may be roommates and have entirely unrelated data plans from their cell phone carriers. One cannot assume such things. And trust me, I'm not a fan of the people who do cheat using multiple accounts. But at the same time, it's not a given just because people live in the same house. I live in a house with two other people and we all have separate cell phone plans. I don't think any of them play FoE -- never bothered to ask -- honestly don't care.

Roommates where one works and the other stays at home???

Kinky!

Freshmeboy

Wouldn't matter J.....if indeed they are roomies, husband and wife, friends with benefits, etc. they will still be able to play by proving they are two entities using the same internet connection ...they just hadn't notified INNO. Seems to me INNO could police their entire game through IP addresses alone if they wished to spend the resources but like most MMOs, will only do so when the offending parties create an issue....

DeletedUser29623

I agree. Why your guild would have accepted him when no one else could provide his OF goods for GE short of manually donating them out of age, when he didn't have a GB to provide them himself baffles me. But then to allow him, as a new member, to go off on you guys like that for more than a , rather than just do the "right thing" for the guild... he would've been booted pretty swiftly from most serious guilds, including ours. There's no place in this game for such drama. What are you getting from this player other than grief?

As I understand it, kicking him is the plan, but they’re waiting until after GE. He *did* complete 45 encounters, which is more that some of the members do, so perhaps they want to get something out of the whole mess. I’m not part of the guild leadership, so I don’t know the details, but their whole brand is that they’re laid back and don’t take things too seriously. I don’t think they would have kicked him right out of the gate, and tbh, they seemed flattered that someone in OF would join their guild. The guild founder has been checked out of the (public) discussion of the incident, and because his avatar has a Hawaiian shirt, I just imagine him shutting his computer on going off to listen to Jimmy Buffett or something. The main person dealing with it, who paid her own FPs for the OF goods to open levels 2 & 3 of GE, is striving to be nice. The guild discussion was so indirect (“Members with higher age goods need to donate so we can open the level”) that I got exasperated and named him.

As a result, she and I ended up doing an inadvertant good cop/bad cop. He’s never, ever going to give me the goods after I committed the unpardonable sin of naming him, but the donations he suddenly made yesterday are, I’m pretty sure, meant to demonstrate that he is a team player. He probably realizes he’s in danger of getting kicked, but mostly he wants to prove that I was wrong about him and that it’s all my fault. This is OK. He donated a bunch of goods and leveled someone’s Observatory, and the truth is that I was planning to leave the guild on Monday for other reasons. I probably wouldn’t have made such a big stink about it if I wasn’t. But I imagine now that the woman who actually runs the guild is in agony over what to do, since he behaved so badly and then gave us all this stuff. Usually things in that city are pretty sleepy, so this has provided lots of silly excitement!

RazorbackPirate

He is shooting in his own foot. He clearly admits they are living together, so they are sharing a connection, which means they are not allowed to donate in each other's GB's.

Report him, so he does not need to take down his Arc. It will be done for him.

I'm not following the logic on this one. Why aren't they allowed to donate to each other's GB? Unless it's really a push account, what's the issue?

Some other things are coming out from other people that make it sound more like multiple accounts. Someone asked Owner if they were interested in participating in an Arc swap, they declined. Same person was later working with S. S said she had to friend Owner and gave her a list of people she had to remove because they were 'unethical'. She passed. Things are now connecting.

Another person had an interaction with them and they claimed Owner was S's wife.

We've got multiple stories, all a bit off. Definitely suspicious.

If something hinky is going on, I hope Inno camn get to the bottom of it and will do something.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Can Inno see who logs in on an account?

I don't know. Are you suggesting that two people, with separate accounts, living in the same household, shouldn't be allowed to cooperate in game because of a technical limitation? I understand that a shared IP address is often an indication of potential push account activity and Inno should investigate all of them, but when both are found to be legit accounts, it should be "Too bad, So sad?"

Agent327

I don't know. Are you suggesting that two people, with separate accounts, living in the same household, shouldn't be allowed to cooperate in game because of a technical limitation? I understand that a shared IP address is often an indication of potential push account activity and Inno should investigate all of them, but when both are found to be legit accounts, it should be "Too bad, So sad?"

I live alone, but can play with my "brothers" from the same location. Am I playing, or my "brothers"? That's why you are allowed to play from the same location, but can not donate in eachothers GB's.

Strange thing is that the rules are different depending on the country server you play, so there is a chance I can be wrong here.

Salsuero

I understand that a shared IP address is often an indication of potential push account activity and Inno should investigate all of them, but when both are found to be legit accounts, it should be "Too bad, So sad?"

Correct. If everything is on the up and up, then it shouldn't be a problem. The bottom line is... are there multiple PEOPLE colluding or one person doing it? If it's multiple people... that's just how it goes... real life networking isn't against the rules and you shouldn't be penalized for having friends help you in the game. It does kind of break the "spirit" of things in my opinion, but I can't really argue against it. But if it's one person playing multiple accounts, then we have a clear violation.

RazorbackPirate

Correct. If everything is on the up and up, then it shouldn't be a problem. The bottom line is... are there multiple PEOPLE colluding or one person doing it? If it's multiple people... that's just how it goes... real life networking isn't against the rules and you shouldn't be penalized for having friends help you in the game. It does kind of break the "spirit" of things in my opinion, but I can't really argue against it.

I only disagree with your use of the word collusion, and I question how it breaks the "spirit" of things. To me, a key element in FoE is building relationships and working together. I have multiple swap partners and just about every GB and every level, I have 1st or 2nd on theirs and they have 1st or 2nd on mine. We communicate often and work to protect each other's positions. Am I colluding or breaking the "spirit" of things? If I am, we'll just have to agree to disagree, if not, then also knowing a player outside the game doesn't matter.

But if it's one person playing multiple accounts, then we have a clear violation.

100% agree and in every case Inno should shut it down and take away whatever gains they've gotten because of it. If it were up to me the only penalty, applied in 100% of the cases would be to delete the entire city and make them start over. A repeat violation would ban them for life.

DeletedUser34879

1 player named Sunnypelt said she was always better than me in this FoE game, I told her to prove it. She deleted her entire MountShe left her very last message: "if a noob like you can get over 1M in CA, this game is a total trash."
Well, she have a point, doesn't she?

DeletedUser31592

So, the Arc has leveled. 2nd place guy did it. It was 14 away earlier today and I was thinking about it- just in case the darn thing gets deleted- I want my BPs!!! But when I logged on tonight, it was already done. I've put the owner on ignore now, so the banter will not continue. (It stopped after I reported him/them, and I did NOT tell them I reported him, so maybe a temporary ban? Idk.) Anyway, unless some GBs get deleted, or S starts messaging me, I guess that is the end of it.