• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

An open announcement to all Neighbors, Friends, and anyone playing on Brisgard.

DeletedUser2382

I came home from work today to find 50+ different personal messages directed towards me issuing threats, complaints, and various absurdly whiny nonsense because either I plundered your 1hr PA house simply for a chance at a bp drop, or my guildmate plundered one of your guildmates for whatever reason they decided, and somehow I'm supposed to give a damn.

a) I don't care.

b) Members of Sword Disciples are fully free to play as aggressively, as defensively, or as diplomatically as they wish. Or any other way for that matter. No one will ever receive "sanctions" or any kind of disciplinary action for any way they ever choose to play, at any time they play, so long as I am a member of this guild in any way with any title. I will gladly leave should this general consensus ever change.

c) I have been (almost) exclusively been plundering only 1 hour PA homes and just for bp drops. If you just happened to have goods ready that I was in need of when I dropped by, well yes, I took them, deal with this however you like.

d) I really don't care.

I will attack anyone, anytime, for any reason I decide. I will plunder anyone, anytime for any reasons I decide. I will not attack anyone, anytime, for any reason I decide. I will not plunder anyone, anytime, for any reasons I decide, but this choice is mine, not yours to make. My guildmembers will always have whatever option they want for any reasons they want so long as I have any say in it whatsoever. I will never apologize for this, or for any guildmembers that choose to play the game in any way they ever choose to play the game. You are more than free to deal with this in any way you see fit. I really don't care.

You are more than free to call my bully, jerk, or whatever you wish. I feel this is something that is quite simply, part of the game. You are free to disagree, while this thread may or may not create discussion, its purposes is an announcement:
Anyone sending these messages, they will never be read, replied to, or acknowledged in any way. You are more than free to waste your own time.

I would like to apologize to Innogames for this rant on a very well run open forum, but I feel the situation has become out of control and would like to hint, its probably about time we as players are given the option to block incoming "in game" mail from other players.

If you want wine, go to the vineyard, I'm a beer man myself.

DeletedUser

Now that's what I'm takling about people!!!! Quit your whining and deal with it. It's just a game. Nobody is plundering money from your pockets!!!

DeletedUser

Plunder is so overrated these days... it's all about forcing your victims to pay you off by donating to your gb's as a bribe. :D

DeletedUser2382

I've often found that bribery is more effective then the threats, just me mind you. For quite some time I've offered to pick up any trade offer of 25 of any Bronze age goods and will gladly give you 50 Industrial goods for them each time you donate 25 or more points to any GB at any one level. This is very easy to verify, and neighbors never give me any points anyway.

Its actually kind of funny as several of my donors have gotten "in trouble" with their guilds for posting "unfair" trades offering 25 lumber or something for 50 coke even though that was a personal arrangement as well as something they could then turn around and spread among their own guild to everyone's benefit. This is my own strategy to make use of thousands of goods, I really have no use for.

I'm in no way opposed to diplomacy mind you, and this game is a mixture of both that and military strength, not one or the other in my opinion. I'm just sick of everybody's petty squabbles and why for whatever reason they bring them to me. Why in the world would I give a damn??? You're obviously sitting in front of a PC with the entire WorldWideWeb at your disposal. Use it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4844

I've often found that bribery is more effective then the threats, just me mind you. For quite some time I've offered to pick up any trade offer of 25 of any Bronze age goods and will gladly give you 50 Industrial goods for them each time you donate 25 or more points to any GB at any one level. This is very easy to verify, and neighbors never give me any points anyway.

I love this idea. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to copy it. Not yet, as I don't have enormous quantities of goods I don't need yet, but probably in the not too distant future.

DeletedUser2382

No. Its mine. Thats why I posted it on an open forum and expect to have full power to stop you. lol.
yeah, man go for it!

DeletedUser

Plundering is part of the game. There is not only nothing wrong with it, the Devs actually want it to happen. That being said, I am moving this thread to Brisgard Drama, because that is where it belongs, feel free to continue what I hope is a vigorous conversation.