1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Contest Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Sovereign, Apr 15, 2019.

1. i2McAbre

i2McAbre Member

Sorry nope... the "IF" qualifies it as a question...

Tis a "Declarative Question"...

2. Adzman213

Adzman213 New Member

Will there be a Participation Trophy awarded to all at the end of this? (jk)

3. beaa

beaa New Member

This contest is terrible

4. judyscondo

judyscondo New Member

How about a badge for participating like the events instead of a trophy?

5. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind that

6. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    Is it possible to link a particular comment to another post thread?
    if so how?

7. MandyTheAlabastard

MandyTheAlabastard Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to be on PC and click on the number of the post, and you will receive the link to that post.

RoyalAdnan likes this.
  8. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    Thanks that helps

9. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's an asterisk. I got what I *think* is the answer but because I needed to assume they were using an asterisk in replace of X I'm not 100% sure I came up with the right thing. A google search does tell me an asterisk is a proper multiplication symbol https://www.dictionary.com/browse/multiplication-sign but this is the first time I've seen it used as one so I think were safe to believe it is.

@Stephen Longshanks as it's now the following day is it allowed to discuss the answer to day 6 or are entries still being accepted?

10. Emberguard

@manda until winners have been announced don't post answers here

If you look at the competition pages it's not for 24 hrs, it's at least 4 days

Manda the first likes this.
  11. Ebs the Drunk

Ebs the Drunk Member

No it doesn't, but you do you.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  12. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

Ah I see. I assumed the popup saying 'Unfortunately you missed the day' would mean they were not taking entries beyond midnight but going by the dates posted, and the date listed for todays being the 30th it seems we still have a bit of a wait before it will actually be over and we can discuss the answers. =(

BruteForceAttack likes this.
  13. i.am.not

i.am.not New Member

This is a strategy game. Everything should be about strategy.
    Don't like prizes for seven given by luck. Awfull, Awful...

14. kouldbeme

kouldbeme Member

It was fun reading and doing some of the days past. Day 2 was the only day that all benefited from Inno's celebration. The others 6 days were not very much fun. I take that back, day 1 and 6 were good. When I read that just 7 players selected at random from those that submitted the correct answer I stopped, that was the point it no longer became fun.

15. DarkblueOO6

DarkblueOO6 Member

We did spend a lot of time on all this lol, it's like I told my professors if I spent 15 hours a day at school I expect to at least get a C or I will visit you at your home and keep asking questions there instead to learn this well enough to pass with at least a C.. I guess it's all about how willing you are to stalk your, professor, I made A's

bridgetmcb likes this.
  16. DarkblueOO6

DarkblueOO6 Member

That was a joke by them, they mean we don't want to say we didn't like what you wrote, it was random that we picked the letters written by our friends. lol

ps: Always use Grammarly, it's not cheating, trust me it will improve your entry.

UBERhelp1 likes this.
  17. Emberguard

If I was your professor I'd be saying Im not basing it on how many hours you put in but rather how well you do. But if you're doing 15 hours a day then as long as it's a productive 15 hrs I'd certainly hope you're able to get a C

18. DarkblueOO6

DarkblueOO6 Member

I was doing IT classes and the Professor's projects were hit or miss and he wanted us to both fix his projects send him the notes and make it work lol, #WindowsServer

"I'm" not basing it? -5 points lol jk

Emberguard likes this.
  19. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

Agreed why does the contest say you missed it, when you can still post the answers. Seems like rookie mistakes.

20. HtebazilEAB

HtebazilEAB Active Member

LOL. Am I the only one who noticed this:

(In today's contest, underlined for emphasis)
    "Greetings.... The winners will be randomly chosen.... Please submit the correct answer until.... We will pick the 7 lucky winners..."

So will the winners be randomly chosen or picked? : ) Now I have to go see what the other days said...

DarkblueOO6 likes this.