• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Contest Feedback

i2McAbre

I "DO" have to make this comment.

Wouldn't giving the 7 Winner's of this Challenge an "Actual" full level 1 copy "OF" this GB be a better prize? BP's are a dime a dozen and are worth even less to you then a GB that also has no monetary value beyond the pixels and bits of code used to generate it...

Its not like it actually costs anything you know... Im just saying... I agree that the "Prizes" are a "little bit" lame

i2McAbre

Not a fan of the Anniversary challenge. I would just like to solve quest and get the prize not be entered into a raffle in hopes of getting prize.

DULY NOTED :rolleyes: IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PARTICIPATE THAT MEANS A BETTER CHANCE FOR THOSE OF US WHO DO TO WIN THE PRIZE...

:p

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

i2McAbre

you didnt hide them well i found three one on each side an one on the mountion next to the hut.

I do like the part about Account Deletion... Should be done to everyone who has ingested the Red Pill and "DOH'D" or "Brain Farted" or outright (though allegedly) un smartly posted the images or answers here.

DeletedUser33044

yes posting answers here is wrong and people should realize they're in the wrong place, but being rude isn't the answer.

@i2McAbre I really like your tutorial, it's great. (lets overlook the comment)

Since this is a feedback thread for the Anniversary contest, here is mine :

The one thing missing from i2McAbre's "tutorial" and that should really be in the contest page is that :

The "Reply" won't show to everyone, only to moderators.

It should also warn if the answers will eventually be made public as some people suggested (I really hope not, that could really backfire).

By using a "forum contest" and advertising it in game, Inno is bringing to the forum people who don't use it that often and are confused by things that seem obvious to those using the forum (or forums in general) more often. A bit more details and hand-holding from Inno's part would have been good rather than a whole thread of exasperated and derogatory comments.

How hard would it be to write :
"Please submit the correct answer below by posting a reply to this thread. Your answer will only be visible to moderators.
Answers must be posted before April 24, 2019 11:59 PM Eastern Time. We will pick the 7 lucky winners from all correct answers."
WARNING : this is an example DO NOT POST ANSWERS BELOW. Your mistake will be visible others. (the time is also an example, I don't know the exact time since it's not in the contest page)

Also, I'm with others, Day 2 was great, but the combination of prizes and number awarded for other days appear a bit stingy rather than festive. They're also "general" prizes. They won't remain as "souvenirs" of the anniversary (I don't want a useless decoration, and "general prizes" are more valuable, but from a marketing point of view I can see some disadvantages to "consumable" prizes... )

Happy anniversary FoE :)

DeletedUser25795

A reward like the Speakers Corner would have been worth winning (i.e. a unique item). But a 7 in 100000 chance of a small easily obtainable prize seams a bit naff, compared to all the advertising and hype surrounding this festive competition.

The normal, easy to enter, competitions in the Tavern forums have better and more obtainable rewards than these ones. (except the cookbook I won, which couldn't be posted to me as I lived outside the states).

As an example in this recent competition; 3 people win 100Fp out of only 30 people who entered it.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-theme-song.25687/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6120

Hard to believe that I have been playing this game for so many years now. It has been a pleasure over the years, so Congratulations to Forge of Empires!
That being said, I cannot say I am much impressed by their Anniversary contest. Only seven players out of the entire membership get anything? Seven players out of how many millions? It would have been a lot better if they did like they did on the second day, where everyone got a huge boost to their production for 24 hours. They could have chosen a different boost or different prize every day to give away to all members. It would have cost them nothing, and would really have seemed more like a celebration for everyone. But seven players out of millions? Why even bother wasting your time.

i2McAbre

yes posting answers here is wrong and people should realize they're in the wrong place, but being rude isn't the answer.

One persons rude is another persons sarcastic response to the seeming multitudes who refuse to RTR (read the rules or read the replies, your choice...)

I also look at it like this. If you are able to setup an account in the forum, presumably by reading and following the instructions to do so, and you choose to NOT "Read this BEFORE Posting", so you can get an idea of what the rules are or how the forum works. If you can click on a number and then "Click" on yes or OK to be taken to the game page...

If you are going to go to all that trouble? And then choose NOT to read the instructions on the game page? Or if you can find the "Post Comments Here" link, but you choose not to read any of the posts to see if your issue has already been addressed? Or that everybody is telling anybody who does to NOT post the answers... Yet you choose to do so anyway?

Well... And this is ONLY my humble opinion... The least you should reasonably expect is some sarcasm or what "some few" may see as rudeness.

I actually think its extremely rude to ignore those simple things and then have the audacity to cry "rude" when someone corrects the error. Rudely or not... But again... That is just my Opinion and it is not meant or endorsed by INNO or any of their employees or representatives. I am simply a paying customer who so far has had zero problems figuring out the puzzles or how to do them or where to post the answers for them...

Last edited:

DeletedUser39658

Forge is turning 7! Please leave any questions below if you have any regarding the forum contest :)

Check the announcement out here.

Thanks!
Richard

Please post your answers on the contest page and nowhere else. Thank you.
This is all very vague. Is that your intent?

DeletedUser32348

how many contests has been over till now?
what's the next number to click?

DeletedUser32348

Currently on Day 5. It says it's over and to wait until Day 6 is opened. Upto you whether you post a entry anyway or see if you can catch Day 6
thanks and much appreciated. . . do u know at what time it opens the next contest?

Emberguard

DeletedUser30312

I "DO" have to make this comment.

Wouldn't giving the 7 Winner's of this Challenge an "Actual" full level 1 copy "OF" this GB be a better prize? BP's are a dime a dozen and are worth even less to you then a GB that also has no monetary value beyond the pixels and bits of code used to generate it...

Its not like it actually costs anything you know... Im just saying... I agree that the "Prizes" are a "little bit" lame

To be fair, two of the the OF GBs have some pretty specific uses and aren't necessarily a good choice for any old city. Perhaps this GB is one of the two? I know for certain, but I ain't saying.

DeletedUser27860

index.php

TA FRIGGING DA!
they will not understand it, understanding is beyond their grasp..

DeletedUser

This is all very vague. Is that your intent?
What is vague about "Please post your answers on the contest page and nowhere else."? Just like you made the post here, post your answer on the contest page itself. No one else will be able to see it there except the Moderating staff, which is the process that theoretically makes everyone figure out the answer for themselves. I say theoretically, because apparently even with the line in the OP of this thread clearly and specifically stating to only post answers on the contest page, some people still don't seem to understand.

lemur

You want feedback? Here's mine.

I am thoroughly uninterested in this contest. When I see that the prize is seven blueprints, I laugh out loud. When I see that only seven players will win this prize, I just shake my head.