• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Contest Feedback

DeletedUser32348

Is it possible to link a particular comment to another post thread?
if so how?

DeletedUser27889

Not too hard. I just wish I knew for 100% positive that that one symbol meant to multiply...
Agreed. It's an asterisk. I got what I *think* is the answer but because I needed to assume they were using an asterisk in replace of X I'm not 100% sure I came up with the right thing. A google search does tell me an asterisk is a proper multiplication symbol https://www.dictionary.com/browse/multiplication-sign but this is the first time I've seen it used as one so I think were safe to believe it is.

@Stephen Longshanks as it's now the following day is it allowed to discuss the answer to day 6 or are entries still being accepted?

DeletedUser27889

If you look at the competition pages it's not for 24 hrs, it's at least 4 days
Ah I see. I assumed the popup saying 'Unfortunately you missed the day' would mean they were not taking entries beyond midnight but going by the dates posted, and the date listed for todays being the 30th it seems we still have a bit of a wait before it will actually be over and we can discuss the answers. =(

DeletedUser38658

This is a strategy game. Everything should be about strategy.
Don't like prizes for seven given by luck. Awfull, Awful...

DeletedUser31335

It was fun reading and doing some of the days past. Day 2 was the only day that all benefited from Inno's celebration. The others 6 days were not very much fun. I take that back, day 1 and 6 were good. When I read that just 7 players selected at random from those that submitted the correct answer I stopped, that was the point it no longer became fun.

DeletedUser27860

I wouldn't mind that
We did spend a lot of time on all this lol, it's like I told my professors if I spent 15 hours a day at school I expect to at least get a C or I will visit you at your home and keep asking questions there instead to learn this well enough to pass with at least a C.. I guess it's all about how willing you are to stalk your, professor, I made A's

DeletedUser27860

This is a strategy game. Everything should be about strategy.
Don't like prizes for seven given by luck. Awful, Awful...
That was a joke by them, they mean we don't want to say we didn't like what you wrote, it was random that we picked the letters written by our friends. lol

ps: Always use Grammarly, it's not cheating, trust me it will improve your entry.

Emberguard

We did spend a lot of time on all this lol, it's like I told my professors if I spent 15 hours a day at school I expect to at least get a C or I will visit you at your home and keep asking questions there instead to learn this well enough to pass with at least a C.. I guess it's all about how willing you are to stalk your, professor, I made A's

If I was your professor I'd be saying Im not basing it on how many hours you put in but rather how well you do. But if you're doing 15 hours a day then as long as it's a productive 15 hrs I'd certainly hope you're able to get a C

DeletedUser27860

If I was your professor I'd be saying Im not basing it on how many hours you put in but rather how well you do. But if you're doing 15 hours a day then as long as it's a productive 15 hrs I'd certainly hope you're able to get a C
I was doing IT classes and the Professor's projects were hit or miss and he wanted us to both fix his projects send him the notes and make it work lol, #WindowsServer

"I'm" not basing it? -5 points lol jk

BruteForceAttack

Ah I see. I assumed the popup saying 'Unfortunately you missed the day' would mean they were not taking entries beyond midnight but going by the dates posted, and the date listed for todays being the 30th it seems we still have a bit of a wait before it will actually be over and we can discuss the answers. =(

Agreed why does the contest say you missed it, when you can still post the answers. Seems like rookie mistakes.

DeletedUser37617

LOL. Am I the only one who noticed this:

(In today's contest, underlined for emphasis)
"Greetings.... The winners will be randomly chosen.... Please submit the correct answer until.... We will pick the 7 lucky winners..."

So will the winners be randomly chosen or picked? : ) Now I have to go see what the other days said...

RazorbackPirate

LOL. Am I the only one who noticed this:

(In today's contest, underlined for emphasis)
"Greetings.... The winners will be randomly chosen.... Please submit the correct answer until.... We will pick the 7 lucky winners..."

So will the winners be randomly chosen or picked? : ) Now I have to go see what the other days said...
"Hey, let's pick some nits!" I don't know about you, but when I pick something it is because I have chosen it. Whether I randomly pick, or randomly choose is immaterial, to pick something is to choose.

"Hey Carl, pick a number from one to 372."
"One twenty-seven, why?"
"I need to pick a winner for today's contest."

Synonyms are glorious (beautiful, brilliant, delightful, enjoyable, gorgeous, gratifying, magnificent, marvelous, remarkable, splendid, superb, wonderful) things. You should give them a try sometime.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36966

This Anniversary Contest was fun! I liked to puzzle a little bit every day. :)