• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Another GE Gripe

DeletedUser27848

I enjoy the GE, always play it. :cool:

I developed the ToR to allow me to find the so-called 'Relics', on the map. I've collected a few Watchfires, an Oasis and the 100FP prize a few times, so it isn't all bad.

But here's my beef: multiple times now, near the end of Lvl III, I have triggered the Tiki statue alert, that says there is 'At least one Relic hidden on the map..."

Yet none appear. And even when I finish the final puzzle, the icon remains lit up, taunting me to find a Relic, which simply is not there.

C'mon INNO... if you are gonna have that alert, ensure there is actually something there for the player to collect!! :mad:

DeletedUser26965

I know it stays highlighted after I collect a relic and when I exit ge then return it's back to normal. Could this have happened in your case? There's also been times where I've nearly overlooked one or two so be careful there as well. If neither of those maybe check the bug forums and see if it's a known bug.

DeletedUser8152

It is a bug that the relic icon doesn't always clear when you collect the last relic. A workaround is to leave the GE map and come back, then the icon will be correct.

As sloppyjoe already said :)

DeletedUser27848

The Tiki Icon will light up, as soon as a Relic is triggered (even if it's not visible yet on the map).

And will remain lit up, when you collect a Relic, as long as there is another Relic that is going to be revealed, later on the map.

My problem is the phoney false Relic alert, you will get late in Lvl III, where you are anticipating FINALLY getting something good... instead of a useless Cypress tree... but you will complete each battle through the final one of Lvl III and there is nothing.

Yet the Relic alert remains lit up, taunting you to find a non-existent Relic. And it's happened to me multiple times now.

DeletedUser27848

It is a bug that the relic icon doesn't always clear when you collect the last relic. A workaround is to leave the GE map and come back, then the icon will be correct.

No Jaelis, I am not talking about it remaining lit up after I collect the last Relic. I'm talking about being in say the last 5-6 battle, then it lights up.
So I work my way through those final battles, and it's BOGUS!
There is nothing there, and I would go so far as to accuse Inno of falsely triggering that, to entice players to continue grinding through those last battles, hoping to collect a non-existent prize.

That needs to be fixed!

DeletedUser8152

Your saying that you can be in your main city screen, go to GE, see the relic light on, but there are demonstrably no relics on the map? I have never had that happen.

DeletedUser26965

Your saying that you can be in your main city screen, go to GE, see the relic light on, but there are demonstrably no relics on the map? I have never had that happen.

I'm wondering the same thing. I want screenshots. Is it like that now for you? GE is still running so go get a screenshot, get the whole map though.

kqNoQ2V.jpg

DeletedUser27848

Yessir. Multiple times. It happened to me 4 times this week in GE quest (I play in 5 worlds).

When I've had the Icon light up, during Lvls 1-2 and even in the early part of Lvl 3, I've always found the Relic, if I played through enough.

I'm talking during the latter part of Lvl 3 specifically, as you are in the last part of the map, 5-6 challenges remaining and that damn Icon lights up.

I fight valiantly through those last levels, expecting to get some premium Relic, a Golden or Green level reward. Yet nothing comes up.

I've cleared all those final 5-6 challenges, with that stupid Tiki Icon lit up, and no Relic appears. And I've made certain to not leave the GE map after unlocking the final chest (with 2 more ToR BPs... :mad: ).

That is a rip-off sir...

DeletedUser8152

I agree it sounds like a bug, just not one I've heard of or seen before myself.

Though once you are down to the last 4 encounters on level 3, you can see the whole map so there should be no issue with finding a hidden relic. If it isn't there then you haven't won one, even if the relic light is on.

wolfhoundtoo

Are you actually going back and looking in the earlier parts of the map on your level? there have been plenty of times where I've had that icon light up and the relic was actually at the beginning of the map.

Also once you finish a level you can't collect relics (that is my understanding) so if you've collected the final prize doesn't that mean you've completed it? Try looking for the relic before you open the chest. If you've looked thru the whole level map and still see no relic then leave the GE screen and return see if the icon remains lit. It is entirely possible that you didn't notice from the last relic collection that the icon was still lit and so when you complete a check point you may be falsely believing it lit anew.

Lastly from an earlier post you indicated that "My problem is the phoney false Relic alert, you will get late in Lvl III, where you are anticipating FINALLY getting something good... instead of a useless Cypress tree... but you will complete each battle through the final one of Lvl III and there is nothing."

You should be aware that level III does not increase your chances of getting a particularly type of relic: common, gold or jade. The chances are ALWAYS the same for each level and are listed in your TOR. they only go up if you've increased the level of your TOR. In addition the TOR only gives chances of the TYPE of relic not the prize that will be in it. The percentages for the individual prizes from each TYPE of relic are (to my knowledge) unknown. This is likely why you are disappointed so often in GE because you have a false belief that Level III gives better prizes from the relics when it does not do so. the only prizes that increase in value are the chests NOT the relics.

DeletedUser27848

Yes, I've scoured the map... and I am aware that often the Relic will pop up, in an area of the map, where you have to scroll over to locate it.

Yes, yes and yes... looked everywhere... it was the same in each of these situations. The Tiki was lit up and had the message claiming "at least one Relic is available..."

And yes, I've looked before opening the last chest. I've looked after every challenge, before I opened a chest, after I opened a chest.

Yada, yada, yada... o_O

wolfhoundtoo

then it shouldn't be long before you can provide the requested screen shot. Since I haven't seen it nor as anyone in any of my 3 guilds noted it (tends to be mentioned when they have relic issues). :)

Which will be helpful when you report it directly to Inno since that would be a bug. Assuming you are on a PC you can right click to contact Inno support directly ingame which if what you are saying is accurate would be where you need to report this (or at least in the bug forum here although I think you'd get a better response from support).

Jase249

I've never heard of this before. As a couple previous posters have pointed out, the tiki icon will remain "lit" after you collect a relic, but if you go back to the city screen and then immediately back in the icon will be grayed out. I've never had it lit, gone back to the city and then back to GE, still had it lit and no relic. If you go back and the icon's still lit, there's at least one more relic you haven't found.

I'm truly sorry to ask what is probably an insulting question, but is it possible you simply haven't located the relics? I'm pretty sure I missed a couple apple trees during the fall event last year. There were a bunch of times the screen said there was at least one more, I searched high and low, couldn't find it, then just when I was seething that the computer lied to me, oops, there it is. Any possibility this is what's happening?

DeletedUser26154

If you go back and the icon's still lit, there's at least one more relic you haven't found.

This is true and worth keeping in mind when you give your map one last looking over before you say good bye to it for the week.

DeletedUser27848

I am aware that if you have a Tiki Icon lit up, and you leave the map to return to your city, it will be gone, when you return.

Which Inno has engineered into the game by all the ToR BPs; that is if you inadvertently hit on the BP menu, it warps you back to your city... then when you return, to the GE map, your lit up Tiki Icon is gone... and I'm quite certain that is a deliberate 'scam' too by Inno, to deprive players of Relics...

So yes I know about everything you guys are talking about, the one thing I do not know, is how to capture a screen shot of the game??

How is that done?

Although the situation that happened to me, there is no guarantee that I will see that again (now that Inno knows someone is onto their scam...)

DeletedUser8420

ok this is what is happening because it has happened to me many times here of late. Check under the white clouds you find you will have to open the next area and then it will be there. The icon is now stating there is upcoming relic, and it isn't always the immediate next section. I have had it come up and found it the third area. For instance you have 3 sectors to each level....I get near the end of sector/layer one then icon lights up...no relic in the first sector to be seen....looking VERY carefully under the cloud cover I see the relic hidden but it is not in the very next sector...so to get it I have to fight/negotiate through the entire 2 layer to get to the third layer to click on relic.

I guess it is iNNO's way to try to keep us going through the levels when we know there is a promised relic hidden just out of our reach....I have even had it lit up at the end of level 1 with no relic only to find it sitting in the first part of level 2. I don't think this is right but its iNNO's game and thus they are hiding them all over the place

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

BTW you can see the hidden icon easier one time then another under cloud cover...at times it is all but obscured and you wont even see it till you happen upon it... so again relics are not always hidden behind but are now hidden further up ....so if icon is lit ....there is a relic hidden either under cloud or next level up ....but is there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27848

^ But Cassaundrea, this is happening at the final stage of Lvl III. There is no other level to go to, no more path to clear clouds away.

And it's frustrating to have the alert up there, but no Relic appears.

I've had many instances, in the middle part of a map, where I have seen the Icon on the map, under the clouds... play far enough to clear those and collect it.

The business of having it carry over from Lvl 1 to Lvl 2 or Lvl 3, that's no big deal. I've had that happen lots too.

wolfhoundtoo

No the relics don't carry over to the next level. the relics spawn in multiple spots on the map on each level. A relic on level 1 if not collected won't go over to level II. What does happen is that sometimes it's in the area in the clouds early on and sometimes it's right near the beginning (or the middle) when you are near the end which means to find it you have to go back to that area but it is ALWAYS on the same map.

I've NEVER lost a relic no matter how many times I've left GE whether it be via the blueprint method, the icon, visiting someone's city or being disconnected. There is however as previously noted (and which you've previously stated is not the issue) is that the Icon stays lit after you collect it. Since you insist that you've left the GE screen and come back and that there's been no relic and that the Icon is still lit (and you say it's at the end so it is not in the part of the level you haven't uncovered yet) that you are somehow missing relics. It should be noted that you can NOT collect relics once you've completed a level (you also indicated that not to be the case) as well which means on level III once you've collected the treasure chest you can't collect any remaining relics on the map. If you haven't left the screen after collecting and the Icon is still lit then when you complete the next check point you may come to the conclusion that you have a relic (incorrectly I might add).

So next time it happens please provide a screenshot of the entire GE level map showing there is no relic and report it as a bug. That will enable Inno to at least have some idea of where the problem is presumably (or at least prove you aren't simply over looking the relic).