• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anti plunder potion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

can i get some help here to see my point that this should be back in proposal cause this has nothing to do with limiting plundering

That's absolutely all it does. Else you wouldn't have compared it to the city shield.

and if anyone thinks so its cause apparently ones who take advantage of the lesser ranked palyers

If it's not limiting them then that motive would make no sense, would it.

I only revenge-plunder so I don't "take advantage" of anybody, and I can clearly see this limits plundering. Just accept it.

DeletedUser

yeah this is not meant for forge hall at all wth!!! can i get some help here to see my point that this should be back in proposal cause this has nothing to do with limiting plundering and if anyone thinks so its cause apparently ones who take advantage of the lesser ranked palyers
It most definitely limits plundering, by your own admission. If it didn't limit plundering, then it wouldn't help with the problem that you say that it's intended to address, which is people getting plundered. I mean, seriously, you can't propose to limit plundering and then claim that's not what would happen.
And since it would limit plundering, it runs afoul of the Do Not Suggest List, and therefore does not belong in the Proposal forum. You should be happy he didn't just lock the thread, instead moving it to the forum intended for discussion.

DeletedUser35256

That's absolutely all it does. Else you wouldn't have compared it to the city shield.

If it's not limiting them then that motive would make no sense, would it.

I only revenge-plunder so I don't "take advantage" of anybody, and I can clearly see this limits plundering. Just accept it.
your funny

DeletedUser35256

I guess i just take it as there definition of limiting or altering would be extreme measures what i'm saying which i'm sure you all understand by now is just 1 building for 24 hrs but i give up this is going no where smh. This is simply for younger ranked player who may need to use this at times of needs especially when they haven't had enough tavern silvers to pay for a city shield and plus city shield is activated for 24 hrs+ i know i don't use diamonds like that to activate a second boost and i'm sure the lesser rank would not want to do that as well if they needed something else in the tavern shop! I'm sure most of you are probably high ranked any ways and aren't really keeping in mind the lesser ranked!(once again i don't complain about being plundered i rarely do get plundered)

RazorbackPirate

The problem I have with the type of solution you're suggesting is it protects players from the consequences of their choices and doesn't address the root problem. While it may appear the root problem of a city being plundered are the players who plunder it, I believe, the root cause is the player whose city is being plundered. Simply buying a boost or applying a potion to thwart the plunderers misses the point entirely. The solution to plundering is to address the root cause and that lies with the player.

To me, this is why the tavern boost is purposely expensive. Once you run out of silver you're once again confronted with the issue of a poorly designed and poorly run city built by players who lack knowledge of, or choose to ignore, fundamental principles of the game. Plundering is the pain the stimulates change, without it, there is none.

No one has forgotten about the lesser ranked players, we were all a lesser ranked players once. We've all had to deal with being plundered repeatedly and we all had to figure out how to build a city that doesn't repeatedly get plundered. This is one of the many challenges presented by the game that players need to overcome.

Which, to me, is why Inno put it on the Do Not Suggest List. They're basically saying, "This is how we designed the game, don't ask us to change the game, learn to play the game we designed."

Because that's the game.

BruteForceAttack

To balance out, can we also get an anti anti plunder option along with that?
I guess i just take it as there definition of limiting or altering would be extreme measures what i'm saying which i'm sure you all understand by now is just 1 building for 24 hrs but i give up this is going no where smh. This is simply for younger ranked player who may need to use this at times of needs especially when they haven't had enough tavern silvers to pay for a city shield and plus city shield is activated for 24 hrs+ i know i don't use diamonds like that to activate a second boost and i'm sure the lesser rank would not want to do that as well if they needed something else in the tavern shop! I'm sure most of you are probably high ranked any ways and aren't really keeping in mind the lesser ranked!(once again i don't complain about being plundered i rarely do get plundered)

Younger players need to learn the game, sometimes hard way.

1. Collect on time, change everything in 24 hrs and try and be there for 5 mins to collect. You can even get notification on your mobile when your city is ready to collect.
2. Make friends, aid, put some DA etc.
3. Make your city less plunder-able, dont have goods bldgs. Try and get goods via RQ

There is whole thread about how you can do all these.

DeletedUser35256

The problem I have with the type of solution you're suggesting is it protects players from the consequences of their choices and doesn't address the root problem. While it may appear the root problem of a city being plundered are the players who plunder it, I believe, the root cause is the player whose city is being plundered. Simply buying a boost or applying a potion to thwart the plunderers misses the point entirely. The solution to plundering is to address the root cause and that lies with the player.

To me, this is why the tavern boost is purposely expensive. Once you run out of silver you're once again confronted with the issue of a poorly designed and poorly run city built by players who lack knowledge of, or choose to ignore, fundamental principles of the game. Plundering is the pain the stimulates change, without it, there is none.

No one has forgotten about the lesser ranked players, we were all a lesser ranked players once. We've all had to deal with being plundered repeatedly and we all had to figure out how to build a city that doesn't repeatedly get plundered. This is one of the many challenges presented by the game that players need to overcome.

Which, to me, is why Inno put it on the Do Not Suggest List. They're basically saying, "This is how we designed the game, don't ask us to change the game, learn to play the game we designed."

Because that's the game.
ok i understand that makes since! so its fair though for people who has live and sets there times 4hr but then something happens where they got to run out the door cause there kids had to be picked up from school or grandma got sent to the hospital and you were 1 hr late to collect im saying thats where that would come in> those are examples that happened to me all week i had too take my grand mother to the hospital twice last week then docs appt this week that took longer than planned so something like this would come in handy dont make it where people can abuse it make it hard to get make it something rare to get! any who i agree with you 100% i was just trying to find something out there that anyone could use! but if no1 is going to let this go i give up!

DeletedUser35256

To balance out, can we also get an anti anti plunder option along with that?

Younger players need to learn the game, sometimes hard way.

1. Collect on time, change everything in 24 hrs and try and be there for 5 mins to collect. You can even get notification on your mobile when your city is ready to collect.
2. Make friends, aid, put some DA etc.
3. Make your city less plunder-able, dont have goods bldgs. Try and get goods via RQ

There is whole thread about how you can do all these.
yeah i know but a lot of mobile people are lost i use both

BruteForceAttack

yeah i know but a lot of mobile people are lost i use both

Well that's really an oxymoron. If you use mobile, you can get notification when your buildings are ready to collect. All you need to do is click and collect right from your mobile phone.

The real problem here is "A lot of players are casual" and they don't invest time in either learning/improving their game. Instead they just complain.

DeletedUser35256

Well that's really an oxymoron. If you use mobile, you can get notification when your buildings are ready to collect. All you need to do is click and collect right from your mobile phone.

The real problem here is "A lot of players are casual" and they don't invest time in either learning/improving their game. Instead they just complain.
yeah casual as in they dont like to cheat buying there way up with fps for GBs so y is it everyone who wants to play the way the game was intended and others get to easily move up in ranks faster than the casual players?Oh but they cant have a 24hr anti plunder potion! I have my notifications off its rather annoying

BruteForceAttack

how theres someone always making a complaint about being plundered

There is always someone complaining about something or other.

Game already provides you a way to shield your city. Community has tried to tell you other ways to make your city anti plunder. However it seems you have made up your mind. Good luck with FoE

BruteForceAttack

yeah casual as in they dont like to cheat buying there way up with fps for GBs so y is it everyone who wants to play the way the game was intended and others get to easily move up in ranks faster than the casual players?Oh but they cant have a 24hr anti plunder potion! I have my notifications off its rather annoying

Yeah right, using fps to get gbs is cheating, but they want cheat portions so that they dont have to do any work.

Status
Not open for further replies.