• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anti plunder potion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35256

its like going in circles in here im done smh! nice chatting with all of you!

RazorbackPirate

ok i understand that makes since! so its fair though for people who has live and sets there times 4hr but then something happens where they got to run out the door cause there kids had to be picked up from school or grandma got sent to the hospital and you were 1 hr late to collect im saying that's where that would come in> those are examples that happened to me all week i had to take my grandmother to the hospital twice last week then docs appt this week that took longer than planned so something like this would come in handy.

I completely get what your saying. We all have real lives and often have to deal with life interrupting our game. Let's also keep it all in perspective though. It's real life interrupting our game. But it's just a game.

There's been times I've run off to deal with unexpected issues and have left my city uncollected for 3-4 hours at a time. When I get back the only thing messed up is the timing of my collections. Then there've been times like two weeks ago, when I was in game, collecting from my city, and someone got in and plundered my Gong of Wisdom right in front of me. I saw the notification flash, and before I could even react, the collection box over the Gong had been replaced by a lightning bolt.

It happened so fast, It took me a minute to process it. After I did, I was a annoyed I lost those FPs, but I also thought "good for them." They somehow managed to catch it perfectly. Right within the 3-5 minute window they would ever get the chance. I was annoyed, having lost the FPs, but I wasn't upset or think it was unfair.

I find it hard to get worked up over someone stealing fake goods, from my fake building, in my fake city. Those goods might even have cost me hundreds, if not thousands of fake coins and fake supplies to make, but in reality it cost me, what? 3 maybe 4 mouse clicks?

I absolutely attacked and plundered them back, that's just good gameplay. They needed to know that their attacks don't go unanswered, and those FPs don't come for free. But it's a game.

don't make it where people can abuse it make it hard to get make it something rare to get! anyhow i agree with you 100% i was just trying to find something out there that anyone could use! but if no1 is going to let this go i give up!

Perfectly reasonable. Some might also agree with you, but it doesn't matter anyway. It's on the DNSL and this idea will never get further than this forum thread. The developers have made it clear. If it involves plundering they don't want to hear it. it's their game. They get to make the rules.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

yeah i know but a lot of mobile people are lost
how theres someone always making a complaint about being plundered
yeah casual as in they don't like to cheat buying there way up with fps for GBs so why is it everyone who wants to play the way the game was intended and others get to easily move up in ranks faster than the casual players?

These are all perfect examples of my point earlier. They haven't learned, or want to ignore, the fundamentals of the game. They don't need a potion, they need to learn the game.

If they have the idea that getting out of age GBs for FPs is cheating they've missed a fundamental of the game. They want to call it cheating, and say that's not how the game was intended to be played, because they don't want to put in the effort, because it's hard.

I'm also amazed at the number of cities I see that produce all 5 goods from their age. Are you kidding me? How can you possibly miss the point, you only make your boosted goods and trade for the rest. Even after you explain it, they still keep all the buildings and make them all themselves. Then I don't want to hear about your goods problems. Learn to play the game.

You're their guild leader, but don't be their mommy, be their coach.

Have a Q&A thread in the guild, send out a daily tip or trick. After a few weeks, if they're still lost, then they don't care to improve, they just want to complain.

So after that, it's tough love. When they complain, just respond, that you're willing to help them improve their game, but if they don't want to make an effort to improve, you don't want to listen to their complaints. Then remove yourself from the conversation, to literally throw up the white flag in surrender.

I have my notifications off it's rather annoying
You likely have them all on. Turn off all the market, guild and message notifications, just leave production notifications turned on, Then they become useful instead of annoying.

DeletedUser26965

yeah this is not meant for forge hall at all wth!!! can i get some help here to see my point that this should be back in proposal cause this has nothing to do with limiting plundering and if anyone thinks so its cause apparently ones who take advantage of the lesser ranked palyers
In spirit I'm with you but I'll try to explain in practical terms the issues. There's two issues here I'll try to address. First, generally speaking, are suggestions, ideas, proposals, whatever you want to call them doesn't matter, imo is something IG ought to "police" themselves. Instead what they've done is pass the responsibility of handling them on to their CM's then down to volunteer forum mod's then down to forum users using "commandments" a.k.a. the Do Not Suggest List as a guide. Then on top of that one has to jump through the hoops like a clown in a circus to even try to get it passed on to IG. After which it disappears into the ether never to be heard from again. This entire process then brings forth potential areas of abuse and faults, in other words it's just plain stupid. Now I can go into much further detail to elaborate on all of that but suffice it to say I think that suggestions should go to designers/developers and any process to handle them prior to that can be handled much better.

Now, the second issue, on the specific issue of plunder. It is my guess that because it has come up so often ever since the game began they simply don't want to hear about it, at all, in any form, ever and if/when they ever choose to alter it in any way they will, an example being when they added City Shield with the Friends Tavern years after the game began. So while your suggestion would only limit plunder in a very limited way to them they see plunder and auto shut off mode is initiated. However imo this is not like rotating buildings, something that, just like plunder, has come up over and over again since the game began. They won't redesign the entire game to rotate buildings, full stop, so they just don't want to see suggestions for it in their inbox again and again and again and again in perpetuity. I get that when it comes to something as simple as that but I think there's certainly room for discussion when it comes to plunder or plunder related things as it's not as simple as wanting rotating buildings and ideas shouldn't be tossed aside merely because it's based on, related or hapensatancely tangentially related to plunder. Again this all something I can elaborate on further but I think that should suffice as well.

In the end you'll just have to accept, for now, the clown car process of proposal making and the ever growing list of commandments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

In spirit I'm with you but I'll try to explain in practical terms the issues. There's two issues here I'll try to address. First, generally speaking, are suggestions, ideas, proposals, whatever you want to call them doesn't matter, imo is something IG ought to "police" themselves. Instead what they've done is pass the responsibility of handling them on to their CM's then down to volunteer forum mod's then down to forum users using "commandments" a.k.a. the Do Not Suggest List as a guide. Then on top of that one has to jump through the hoops like a clown in a circus to even try to get it passed on to IG. After which it disappears into the ether never to be heard from again. This entire process then brings forth potential areas of abuse and faults, in other words it's just plain stupid. Now I can go into much further detail to elaborate on all of that but suffice it to say I think that suggestions should go to designers/developers and any process to handle them prior to that can be handled much better.

Funny coming from the guy who's first reaction was to immediately point to the DNS list.

However imo this is not like rotating buildings, something that, just like plunder, has come up over and over again since the game began. They won't redesign the entire game to rotate buildings, full stop, so they just don't want to see suggestions for it in their inbox again and again and again and again in perpetuity.

That has nothing to do with willing. They simply can't cause the buildings are in 2D. They are as flat as your reasoning.

DeletedUser26965

Funny coming from the guy who's first reaction was to immediately point to the DNS list.
Not really because that was just being practical, realistic and efficient. Merely pointing out the DNSL does not equate to my endorsement of it and the gawd awful process of proposals.

That has nothing to do with willing. They simply can't cause the buildings are in 2D. They are as flat as your reasoning.
I guess you missed the part where I said they won't redesign the entire game just to be able to rotate buildings.

So you have anything to add to the actual conversation or just looking to argue about side issues so you can keep commenting as usual?

DeletedUser35256

Not a "problem" that needs fixing that isn't already available in the current iteration of the game.
its not available! what the city shield! So when you were a young ranked player you could afford that with your tavern silvers?

DeletedUser35256

I think it’s gonna be way more time consuming to make op understand what she’s actually proposing than talking some “earth is flat” believers back to normal
oh well if you understand me please help me make it clear to the ones that dont that rather argue than see what im saying. what im saying wont even effect anything like everyone else is saying

DeletedUser35712

its not available! what the city shield! So when you were a young ranked player you could afford that with your tavern silvers?
Just get 80 active friends lol. Not that hard. Collecting on time is the better solution though.

oh well if you understand me please help me make it clear to the ones that dont that rather argue than see what im saying. what im saying wont even effect anything like everyone else is saying

Capitalizing the first letter of every sentence, and capitalizing "I" would definitely help your case. Hate to be a grammar nut, but going all lowercase and not capitalizing your I's can be really distracting to read.

DeletedUser35256

There is always someone complaining about something or other.

Game already provides you a way to shield your city. Community has tried to tell you other ways to make your city anti plunder. However it seems you have made up your mind. Good luck with FoE
yes but once again when you were a younger ran you could afford that with your tavern silvers?

Status
Not open for further replies.