• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer feedback

DeletedUser29646

I would like to suggest to have a confirmation when bidding using spaces like 10,000 and not 10000 so people do not mistake bidding 500k when they meant to bid 50k, losing month worth of coins over 1 mistake.

- KQ -

I've unlocked the second barter spot, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use it. After I start the first barter and return the exchange page there is no option to start the second barter. What am I missing?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34947

I'd like to see a minimum bid increment implemented somehow. Many times I've been bidding on auctions and the bids have gone like this:

Me: 6,000
Other: 6,001
Me: 7,000
Other: 7,001
Me: 8,000
Other: 8,001

I don't know what the minimum increment should be but these 1 coin bids are very obnoxious.

I had a person do this today, waiting until the very last possible split second to add 1. As it turns out, I saw the timer run out, and it started the finalization of my wining bid, and then got hung up on the "processing auction result" message. The other bidder managed to get a bid in at zero or just before - it effectively locked me out of further bidding. I don't know if this was a deliberate bug exploit or just a lucky glitch for the other bidder, but he was so systematic in waiting until almost to zero seconds that I suspect it was a deliberate exploit attempt. I've reported it, so let's see what happens.

Zatrikon

Looks pretty good. I haven't seen much I want to buy for my Trade Coins, but I'm sure I'll use them once in a while. The one minor inconvenience I've noticed is that you can't look at your inventory list while you've got a trade going on. I've been going for the 24-hr trades for max profit. It would be nice to see the standard price list, so I can plan out what I'm going to sell next. Maybe someone could make a wiki of the Antiques Dealer's prices for all (or at least most) of the items? That would be useful information to have available.

IngeJones

What isn't clear to me is what happens if you don't collect the item you won in the auction within the 30 minute window before the next auction starts. Do you lose it or does it automatically transfer to your inventory?

DeletedUser37581

What isn't clear to me is what happens if you don't collect the item you won in the auction within the 30 minute window before the next auction starts. Do you lose it or does it automatically transfer to your inventory?
It sits there and waits until it is collected.

Lord Lilbit

We need to be able to SORT the ITEMS list from least amount to most amount, pain in the butt to have to look down the list for items you have the most of and want to get rid of. We also need an option where we can dump multiple item in one offering, doing one at a time is a pain.

IngeJones

Talking of sorting I wish there were more options of how to sort in the inventory. Alphabetical, by era order, and to group them so that for example all the GOTSGs are in one lump and if you click on it, then you see another panel with them all seperated by age. I don't want one gate on page three, another 5 gates on page 7, etc

DeletedUser30312

I'd like to see a minimum bid increment implemented somehow. Many times I've been bidding on auctions and the bids have gone like this:

Me: 6,000
Other: 6,001
Me: 7,000
Other: 7,001
Me: 8,000
Other: 8,001

I don't know what the minimum increment should be but these 1 coin bids are very obnoxious.
I don't remember bidding against you, and I've been upping a few bids here and there by 1. I want to see just how badly some people want the items.

Zatrikon

Talking of sorting I wish there were more options of how to sort in the inventory. Alphabetical, by era order, and to group them so that for example all the GOTSGs are in one lump and if you click on it, then you see another panel with them all seperated by age. I don't want one gate on page three, another 5 gates on page 7, etc
I've been asking for a way to sort (or filter) the inventory for a long time now. I wrote up a proposal, and it was voted on favorably. But still no sorting/filtering feature.

Agent327

I've been asking for a way to sort (or filter) the inventory for a long time now. I wrote up a proposal, and it was voted on favorably. But still no sorting/filtering feature.

Can you show when that proposal has been submitted?

DeletedUser36979

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook!.
The one thing that I dislike is the dishonest time clock on bidding. Once a person bids (say at 3 seconds), the clock adds more than 20 seconds on the clock and you have to wait again, allowing another bid to insert. I find it very unfair to adjust the clock to another setting - it should just continue to count down. Not playing that game any more. I have sat there and rebid 5 times only to have seconds added and lost.

DeletedUser37581

The one thing that I dislike is the dishonest time clock on bidding. Once a person bids (say at 3 seconds), the clock adds more than 20 seconds on the clock and you have to wait again, allowing another bid to insert. I find it very unfair to adjust the clock to another setting - it should just continue to count down. Not playing that game any more. I have sat there and rebid 5 times only to have seconds added and lost.
You would be even more disappointed to place a bid with 3 seconds left only to have someone else overbid you.

DeletedUser29646

I like the idea of adding extra seconds to the timer when some one bids giving people a chance to bid more, only thing I would change is have it reset to 10sec right now for PC at least it is reset to 30 seconds. meaning if a person wanted they could wait last second 10times adding 290sec of waiting making it a waiting game instead of a bidding game.

Agent327

From the announcement

Also, if you bid within the last 30 seconds of an auction, the timer will reset to 30 seconds, giving others the opportunity to make the Dealer a better offer, so make sure you stick around until the last second if you want to ensure you're the winner!

What part of that did you not understand?

Graviton

That's how a real auction works: they keep taking bids until there aren't any more. "Going once....going twice..." The problem with the AD is that nincompoops bid the price up at the last second just to be nincompoops.