• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer feedback

DeletedUser38737

At first I got some pretty good deals on buildings that were available before I started playing. The bidding was reasonable. Now, I've given up on getting anything really worthwhile through bidding because people jump in with bids of 50k for things that went for maybe 5-6k a couple weeks ago. Talk about inflation! I've been priced out of this market.

DeletedUser29646

Only 2 issues I have with Antiques Dealer.

1. No setting/confirmation to prevent you from adding to many zeros when bidding. Example bidding 1000000 when you ment 100000. Thus losing 900k (which can result in 6 months worth of coins lost due to 1 mistake.

2. No confirmation when buying an item from the Antiques Dealer, due to this you can accidentally click on a item and will buy it with no confirmation screen. losing many gems/coins on an item you did not want.

DeletedUser29623

At first I got some pretty good deals on buildings that were available before I started playing. The bidding was reasonable. Now, I've given up on getting anything really worthwhile through bidding because people jump in with bids of 50k for things that went for maybe 5-6k a couple weeks ago. Talk about inflation! I've been priced out of this market.

Maybe, but who knows if they'll stay that high? Space for buildings is limited, and while I've bid on some set buildings I need to maximize stuff I've already put down, I won't be bidding on any more of them. Once people get the stuff they want, I think prices will settle down a bit.

Agent327

Maybe, but who knows if they'll stay that high? Space for buildings is limited, and while I've bid on some set buildings I need to maximize stuff I've already put down, I won't be bidding on any more of them. Once people get the stuff they want, I think prices will settle down a bit.

Counter argument to that theory would be that the longer it takes, the more players can spend, so they will care less if they have to spend more.

DeletedUser29623

Counter argument to that theory would be that the longer it takes, the more players can spend, so they will care less if they have to spend more.

True. It remains to be seen. I bid on a bunch of stuff the first week, but now I have it and nothing else much has seemed worth it to me. So I'm building up a bank by selling back all the crap I've collected over the past two years. That backlog will be gone eventually, though. As infinite as FotAs seem to be, they aren't.

Agent327

True. It remains to be seen. I bid on a bunch of stuff the first week, but now I have it and nothing else much has seemed worth it to me. So I'm building up a bank by selling back all the crap I've collected over the past two years. That backlog will be gone eventually, though. As infinite as FotAs seem to be, they aren't.

I think when you change your selling time to 1 day it will get very close to infinite.

You have GE and can adapt the DC's you pick.

DeletedUser31397

I think when you change your selling time to 1 day it will get very close to infinite.

You have GE and can adapt the DC's you pick.

This is a really good point. I'm trying to plan ahead and see how I can have 5 items sold in 24 hours each day to make the flow of coins/gemstones self-sustainable.

I also think events along with GE and DCs will help that inflow once you hit a point where you have sold all your non-desirables in your inventory.

Agent327

This is a really good point. I'm trying to plan ahead and see how I can have 5 items sold in 24 hours each day to make the flow of coins/gemstones self-sustainable.

I am selling low profit stuff every 2 hours and high profit stuff on an 8 hr period when I go to sleep. Have 4 slots open now.

DeletedUser30312

I am selling low profit stuff every 2 hours and high profit stuff on an 8 hr period when I go to sleep. Have 4 slots open now.

Yup, same here. Opened up my slots selling off common building, boosts I won't use, self-aid kits and Victory Towers. All that stuff doesn't make gems, so I'm using the high turnover to increase the slots, but that last slot is 400 trades which is still 100 when you're doing 4 at a time. That's going to take a while. I also do the 8 hour ones overnight, and I've been using the mid range stuff that has 0-x gems. Soon, I should be switching to a full 24 hour period and that's where I'll try to max gem profits.

I'm keeping common building from my age and the age below for quest requirements, the same thing with the GE decos.

DeletedUser31397

Same here as well. I'm a few barters away from opening up the 4th slot and I sold off all my small consumables at 2 hours to open them with occasional 8 hour barters during sleep. At the beginning, I did sell off some of my high range buildings at 8 hours so I could build a stock of coins and gemstones in case a very valuable building was offered in the AD.

Once I hit 4 slots, I am going to begin selling 4 items all at 24 hours and see how my rate of inventory clearing goes. If I am still getting a higher rate of junk than selling, I will hold off and go back to 2 hour barters.

Hmmm...the Temple of Relics seems very interesting now lol

Jern2017

Great feature. I've bought a couple of items I really wanted to get my hands on, like the PoH upgrades and Checkmate Square.

I only wish these things were changed:

The countdown timer between auctions is barely visible as the text is not bold enough and partly covered by the image of the armchair on the bottom right.

I also wish we had confirmation window when bidding. I, thankfully, have not yet made a mistake of adding a zero too much. However, I can see it happening. The confirmation window could be checked to never show again for those players who are confident enough and hate any additional clicking.

I think this is a great feature! I do have two suggestions:

1) The countdown timer between auctions is impossible to read on mobile (not sure about PC) because the white text overlaps the white cloth-draped chair. Please adjust for legibility?

2) I strongly dislike the delay between auctions. Can it be eliminated or shortened so we can get to the next auction? 30 minutes is a really inconvenient interval.

Thanks for rolling it out!

DeletedUser4441

Please be careful about bartering items you really want to keep. We have had a rash of players lamenting breaking down their only Crows Nest of late.

I think once the mad rush dies a little and folks empty out their wallets a bit you will see a lot more stability in pricing (that is just imho though, what do I know :p )

BruteForceAttack

Found a bug and opened support ticket.

Do Not Cancel ongoing exchange, if you do, you will lose ALL the items in 2nd maybe 3rd slot in your inventory. 1st slot is not impacted.

This screen shot (Annotation 2019-08-19 025102.jpg) shows items in my inventory while selecting 3rd slot. I already have selected a palm tree and an self supporting home in 1st and 2nd slot. As you can see i still have 7 self supporting homes.

Annotation 2019-08-19 025102.jpg

This (Annotation 2019-08-19 025703.jpg) shows me cancelling the exchange.

Annotation 2019-08-19 025703.jpg

Here i'm trying to select the items again. Notice that I only have palm tree and there are no self supporting homes anymore.

Annotation 2019-08-19 025909.jpg

Let's see what support says, in the meantime dont cancel..... :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

@BruteForceAttack Your last image isn't quite definitive that you no longer have Self Supporting Homes in your inventory. SSHs sell for 200 Trade Coins. The ordering of items that sell for the same amount of Trade Coins is random. Therefore your last image should show that portion of the window which has items selling for over/under 200 Trade Coins to ensure that all SSHs are indeed missing.

RazorbackPirate

Ditto DCs. I'd quit doing them in my main and experimental city, I didn't really need more of anything that the DCs offered, aside form the FPs but now?

I was debating losing the ToR, same reason. Now powering ToR is a serious consideration.
By the time I got the other GBs where I wanted them and thought about building ToR, I already had more of the fluff than I could use. Now, being able to exchange them for more valuable items in the AD, it seems the more fluff the better. I also find myself selecting some DCs based on the value in the AD. I like having this new capability.

DeletedUser30312

Yup, I was starting to skip DCs out of boredom, but now they have some additional use as Dealer fuel. I utterly ignored prizes with normal buildings, but they'll be a bit more useful now.

And the GE will be a good source of fuel too. While the GE's buildings do have their uses, they get outclassed eventually by event items. Inno seems to be aware of it, they poked fun at piles of Faces of Ancients in their announcement video, and it even looks like the stairs on the right side of the AD has a FotA on it too.