• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer feedback

DeletedUser35836

Two days ago I was involved in a last 30 second bidding war with one opponent and we each raised 2-3 times. After he increased his bid to 100k, I planned to top him again but the system would not let me. There was time on the clock and I had over 150k in trade coins at the time. I reported this to support. A few days prior to this I won an auction where my opponent was blocked from raising his bid under the same circumstances.

Have any of you all run into this?

RazorbackPirate

Two days ago I was involved in a last 30 second bidding war with one opponent and we each raised 2-3 times. After he increased his bid to 100k, I planned to top him again but the system would not let me. There was time on the clock and I had over 150k in trade coins at the time. I reported this to support. A few days prior to this I won an auction where my opponent was blocked from raising his bid under the same circumstances.

Recent reports seem to indicate this is an increasingly common occurrence.

Agent327

ERverybody that has reported it in the bugs section.

DeletedUser37576

Proposal
Provide an "auto-bid" function in the Antiques Dealer.

Current System
Bidders must stand watch over bidding, which causes a mass rush and sniping at the end of the 2 hours.

Details
When bidding, provide the option to bid once and hold, or auto-bid. Bidders enter the starting bid, their chosen increment (the "plus" over last highest bid), and their max to bid. The system then applies auto-bids to the max needed to win the bid, but not more than the increment over the last highest bid. Possibility to lock the auto-bid so one can't go back and bid on the auction if the highest bid goes beyond the max.

Benefits
This will bring more people to bidding, and help target actual bid pricing. Levels the bidding out and reduces "sniping". Bidders have a choice of risk they wish to take: either watch the bidding at the end, or provide a max up front they would bid anyway during the sniping time.

Flavius Belisarius

Outstanding Innovation by INNO!

Maybe you can figure out how to exchange all the GB I'll never build or at least the blueprints.
I have several lower age GB with enough BP to immediately jump to Level Ten.

DeletedUser29623

I think what will level out the prices is less a thinning of wallets than a shortage of space. For example, If you have everything you need for a palace set but one deco (which was my situation for months), you’d pay a lot for a palace selection kit to get that one piece. But you likely won’t have space for a whole new palace set, and may never bid on that item again. Eventually, most of the people who want specific items will get them and there will be fewer bidders, less demand, and lower prices.

qaccy

@Lauramiller There will always be new players coming in looking to bid to replace the ones who 'drop out'. If anything slows down the Dealer it will be Inno, if they don't stay on top of adding in new items as they release them. DCs kinda fizzled out because of this; Inno hasn't updated the rewards in months, so many of even the 'good' prizes are pretty unappealing to try for now. compared to what events offer. How long will it be before Inno adds the Crow's Nest, its upgrades, and the Guard Posts to the Dealer? Months? Never gonna happen? The answers to these questions is what will ultimately determine long-term engagement with the Dealer.

RazorbackPirate

So the real question is, how old does an item need to be to be considered an antique? Personally, I would think a year minimum. Otherwise those who want a second or third CN, have little incentive to spend diamonds.

qaccy

@RazorbackPirate That's a good point that I didn't consider myself. Every time an event rolls around, Inno could add the prize(s) from the previous version of that event to the AD. That could be a sufficient length of time, though perhaps longer than 'necessary' as Inno's already populated the list with some prizes from events that occurred within the last year (and as recently as 3 months ago in the case of the Carousel). I think it'll just boil down to whatever Inno feels like adding to the list, if anything at all. Maybe nothing gets added and, much like DCs, the AD will eventually be superseded by another new feature that gets loaded with all the stuff we wished had been added over the interim 2+ years.

DeletedUser29623

@Lauramiller There will always be new players coming in looking to bid to replace the ones who 'drop out'. If anything slows down the Dealer it will be Inno, if they don't stay on top of adding in new items as they release them. DCs kinda fizzled out because of this; Inno hasn't updated the rewards in months, so many of even the 'good' prizes are pretty unappealing to try for now. compared to what events offer. How long will it be before Inno adds the Crow's Nest, its upgrades, and the Guard Posts to the Dealer? Months? Never gonna happen? The answers to these questions is what will ultimately determine long-term engagement with the Dealer.

Ok, but if they’re new players, how will they have been able to accumulate the piles unwanted items to sell?

DeletedUser4441

So the real question is, how old does an item need to be to be considered an antique? Personally, I would think a year minimum. Otherwise those who want a second or third CN, have little incentive to spend diamonds.
So Far I hve yet to see anything less than 2 years old....but then, I might need glasses too :p

DeletedUser37581

So Far I hve yet to see anything less than 2 years old....but then, I might need glasses too :p
I've seen Sleigh Builder (from Winter 2018) offered at buy-now, and Dark Doorway (from 2018 Halloween) up for auction.

DeletedUser

I've seen Sleigh Builder (from Winter 2018) offered at buy-now, and Dark Doorway (from 2018 Halloween) up for auction.
Yep. There's a Sleigh Builder I could buy right now on one of my cities. Now if I could only remember which one. ;)

qaccy

Ok, but if they’re new players, how will they have been able to accumulate the piles unwanted items to sell?

Not quite what I meant by new! I was referring to the group of players actively prowling the auctions, implying that these players already have the coins to spend. For every player who 'completes' their city via winning a few auctions, there's going to be at least one more coming in to replace them. I believe that it's never really going to be easier or cheaper to win auctions because there's essentially an endless pool of players who will be looking to purchase them. As I said, I believe the only thing that will eventually slow down the AD is Inno not going in and updating the selection of items available to remain appealing as events release better and better things. This 'neglect' is why most prizes from GE and DCs aren't very interesting anymore, even if some of them are quite good on their own.

barra370804

10XzI1llG5SIJM7rIINFuLE1T4zqL3Jl5VlK9lxMZzrjQeGb5h5_EgsPpFoqxlU0RJMTt-2m_SCV6z5t5qLVWrCN7-h8_7rQtShPMKewwf6AK4kKboArrJWf8-TK3j4p16T9l65V

WTH that is 10 FPs. As if i'm paying that price

Freshmeboy

I recently watched a battle for a piece of the maha palace set and laughed when I left as the bidding hit 70K in coins. Right now this is a new mechanic and players are excited and want to thin their inventories and use the auction. Bids are way out of line. Consider: These players are bidding the value of 10+ SoKs for an item I find available once a week in the DCs. I may not get that item this week but I will eventually. The mantra on these forums has been and continues to be "Slow down, this game is meant to be played over the long haul, not the short sprint". Veteran players get it and most likely won't be sucked into the bidding frenzy but will wait till the newness subsides and gain value for their old inventory....

Algona

Consider: These players are bidding the value of 10+ SoKs for an item I find available once a week in the DCs. I may not get that item this week but I will eventually. The mantra on these forums has been and continues to be "Slow down, this game is meant to be played over the long haul, not the short sprint". Veteran players get it and most likely won't be sucked into the bidding frenzy but will wait till the newness subsides and gain value for their old inventory....

Patience is the primary virtue in this game. However, that does not mean letting opportunity pass you by, it means preparing for when opportunity presents itself.

What's the psychological relief of finally getting that last piece after waiting months or years? I still haven't gotten one piece in my experimental city after 2 years.

Consider the missed Resources of not having that last piece for a week. A month. A year.

I hope you'll forgive me if I go a bit crazy getting that last piece spending Trade Koins I got from selling SBs that would be useless in my city because of a lack of motivations.

Freshmeboy

I forgive you Algona..knock yourself out on the auction for whatever gives you piece of mind. My aim was to calm those who read this thread and seem to think the auction will always be like this. That it's an unfair unworthy new mechanic. I have a quarter million coins that don't clutter my inventory at all and, while not earning interest, they will be on call should I deem something worthy in the future.