• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer feedback

DeletedUser8420

All I have to say about the new feature........LOVE IT!!!!

Super Catanian

I wonder how many Trade Coins and Gemstones I can get from a Timeless Dojo Selection Kit. Since I plan on just building 2 of them, fully upgraded, of course, might as well get something for them.

qaccy

The one thing that I dislike is the dishonest time clock on bidding. Once a person bids (say at 3 seconds), the clock adds more than 20 seconds on the clock and you have to wait again, allowing another bid to insert. I find it very unfair to adjust the clock to another setting - it should just continue to count down. Not playing that game any more. I have sat there and rebid 5 times only to have seconds added and lost.

I love this feature because it would suck to not have it. Sounds like you're the kind of person who likes to bid at the very last second and not give anyone else a chance to see it until after the auction's over. To me that's what's really dishonest; besides, Inno told us right off the bat that bidding will refresh the timer to 30 seconds if there's less time than that remaining when a bid is placed so that function isn't even dishonest to start with.

Freshmeboy

Lorraine what you are experiencing is INNO's attempt at having an auctioneer present during the bidding...During a real auction, the auctioneer allows time to pass to let people think on their next bid and gauge their competition..that's all the babble they spew, and it can be entertaining in its own right. The 20 seconds is the "Going once...Going twice..." of the auctioneer's final announcement before awarding the prize. If it was a matter of last second bidding, it would be unfair as everybody would bid at the last second with no clearly defined winner as INNO calculates the last bid to a nano second...

DeletedUser33179

I don't remember bidding against you, and I've been upping a few bids here and there by 1. I want to see just how badly some people want the items.

I'm convinced (with no evidence, just my thoughts) that at least 75% of those 1-coin bidders are doing it just to mess with others, hoping to come across overzealous bidders. Whether they actually are or aren't, I've no problem either way with it. It's the individual responsibility of players to only bid what they want & be willing to walk away if the item costs more than that (yes, even by 1 coin).

Sometimes I like to try to mess some of the 1-coin bidders - gradually increasing my bid against them then stop (well before cost gets too crazy, though), leaving them with their winnings which I don't think they actually wanted.

Someday when I'm bored, I want to try 1-coin bidding against someone else 1-coin bidding. See how long they keep it up, how committed they are.

DeletedUser28371

I Iike the auction but agree that the 30 sec time addition is being abused. It would be better if it went away. The term for it in ebay is sniping and its against their tos. Also, I believe the biding should be restricted to those whose bidding during the 3 hr window. (ie can't you cant wait until the final minute to bid) this is also being abused.

AS FOR THE 1 Coin, you are right. Why? Because you can visit the city of the person bidding.
Finally, I think the auction should be restricted to neighborhood. That would be fairer.

DeletedUser28371

I'm convinced (with no evidence, just my thoughts) that at least 75% of those 1-coin bidders are doing it just to mess with others, hoping to come across overzealous bidders. Whether they actually are or aren't, I've no problem either way with it. It's the individual responsibility of players to only bid what they want & be willing to walk away if the item costs more than that (yes, even by 1 coin).

Sometimes I like to try to mess some of the 1-coin bidders - gradually increasing my bid against them then stop (well before cost gets too crazy, though), leaving them with their winnings which I don't think they actually wanted.

Someday when I'm bored, I want to try 1-coin bidding against someone else 1-coin bidding. See how long they keep it up, how committed they are.

I believe you are correct.

DeletedUser37581

I Iike the auction but agree that the 30 sec time addition is being abused. It would be better if it went away. The term for it in ebay is sniping and its against their tos. Also, I believe the biding should be restricted to those whose bidding during the 3 hr window. (ie can't you cant wait until the final minute to bid) this is also being abused.
Why is it that you prefer sniping?

DeletedUser28371

Why is it that you prefer sniping?
To be honest, I think it should be max amount in the final 30 seconds or buy it now. There is too much unfairness. I could give a list of them but honestly.

The most effective are limit the auction to your neighbor at the time of the auction, no additional time can't have first bid in final minute.

IngeJones

Uh... I've just noticed I can no longer delete an object from my inventory. What if we want to get rid of things quickly rather than hanging about to trade 3 things every two hours or whatever we've unlocked?

IngeJones

Not 5% coin boosts you can't. Also not everyone has space to spare for placing buildings they didn't want in the first place. We used to be able to delete them and I can think of no good reason why that has been removed as an option. I am sure it was just an oversight as they were planning the interface

Agent327

Not 5% coin boosts you can't.

You can use it. Same effect.

Also not everyone has space to spare for placing buildings they didn't want in the first place.

Then leave them in your inventory. There always will come a moment you can sell them to the dealer.

We used to be able to delete them and I can think of no good reason why that has been removed as an option. I am sure it was just an oversight as they were planning the interface

The good reason is that the dealer has arrived. It is no oversight, cause some items you can still delete. That makes it a deliberate choice.[/QUOTE]

IngeJones

Yes, thank you Agent, stupid as I am even I managed to work out those alternatives. However, I'd like the delete option back. Using the dealer is, as I have said, a very slow way to do it and I'd like the choice to be allowed to do it fast like I used to. You know - just an option? It needn't affect your own playing style :)

Agent327

You can ask for it, but I do not give you much chance. It would mean an extra button with the chance that players start to delete items they actually wanted to offer to the dealer. That ofcourse means extra support tickets, so I do not give you much hope.

Emberguard

To be honest, I think it should be max amount in the final 30 seconds or buy it now. There is too much unfairness. I could give a list of them but honestly.

The most effective are limit the auction to your neighbor at the time of the auction, no additional time can't have first bid in final minute.
How would you work that out to be fair though so everyone gets a chance to actually bid? If you can only bid once in last 30 seconds you’d want to wait as close to the end of that to prevent yourself being locked out.

You’d basically make it first player to bid loses and if you didn’t log in earlier you’re also locked out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33179

I Iike the auction but agree that the 30 sec time addition is being abused. It would be better if it went away. The term for it in ebay is sniping and its against their tos. ...

You are incorrect. Yes, bidding on an online auction in the final seconds is referred to as snipping. But it isn't against ebay's TOS. What is? Bidding up your own auction or that of someone you know just to try to get the seller a better price, having no intention of ever buying it (if they do happen to win item, they'd pay the seller but get refunded full price outside of ebay's view & seller keeps item to re-list).

Other than that, it's fair game putting down multiple bids (including in the last few seconds) within the constraints of their fixed auction end time. Although, there's minimum bid increment requirements based on the current price of the item being sold. Plus, there's the ability to also designate a hidden max-bid amount -- so if others bid higher than you, the server would automatically keep bidding in minimum increments up to your stated max bid

In FoE, how do you know that the 1-coin bidder isn't just trying to get the item for the very least amount possible? And if their strategy reveals how high the other bidders are willing to go for the item (so can in turn determine how much they want to pursue it) or if it annoys other bidders to the point they stop bidding (so win the auction)... then that strategy served them well.

Yes, I stated I think right now a majority of 1-coin bidders are likely just having fun trying to mess with folks. But I also stated I've got no issue with it. There's no way to determine intent of other bidders & no one's being forced to bid more.

The Buy It Now feature is the other portion of the AD. Don't like those prices? Then you take your chances with the auction.

What'd happen if there wasn't a timer addition for bids within the last 30 seconds? Folks would be here complaining about the unfairness of it all when their last second bid didn't go thru in time or got beat out by others in a nano-second.

There is zero reason why it's "unfair" to only bid within the last 30-60 seconds of an auction. In fact, it's a smart move - hide your interest until then while trying to gauge some of the interest of others over the 2 hour auction window. No auctions of any type anywhere require people to bid at least once before the final minute(s).

Your suggestion of changing auctions to be within a neighborhood seems to me not an attempt to make the auctions more fair for all. But, rather an attempt to make it unfair in one's favor. While it definitely applies for all hoodies, it's particularly true for those ranked within the top 10-15 of the hood.

It completely eliminates any bidders of higher Ages than you, many of which may presumably have been playing longer & had more items they could sell to AD - thus, have more auction coins/gems to spend than you. Also completely eliminates any long-time campers (other than the 2-3 potentially in the hood), many of which very likely having lots of auction coins/gems to spend (due to their accumulation in inventory to sell). And many of those hoodies who are in top 10-15 of hood likely also have more auction coins/gems (again, due to many having bigger inventory of accumulated items) than the remaining 80% of the hood.

Graviton

Other than that, it's fair game putting down multiple bids (including in the last few seconds) within the constraints of their fixed auction end time. Although, there's minimum bid increment requirements based on the current price of the item being sold.

I think the part that I bolded might be the answer to the jokesters who are upping bids just for their own giggles. Just increase the minimum bid as the price increases.

There is zero reason why it's "unfair" to only bid within the last 30-60 seconds of an auction. In fact, it's a smart move - hide your interest until then while trying to gauge some of the interest of others over the 2 hour auction window. No auctions of any type anywhere require people to bid at least once before the final minute(s).

Exactly. The AD is like a real auction, not like an ebay auction, and I think that's part of what's tripping people up, because ebay is what most people are used to now: an auction with a hard time limit. In a real auction the bidding could theoretically go on forever, as long as there's somebody left to keep bidding.

Again, I think maybe raising the next bid amount incrementally as the price increases might be a way to discourage the lunkheads.

Cailidd

While it is a great idea and I like it, I don't think it is set up fairly. I think it should be limited to players all in the same age. Obviously things from more advanced ages have much greater value than things from the earlier ages. Therefore, I cannot compete for most items. My exchangeable items do not have the same value as say exchangeable items from the CA. The playing field needs to be a level one so the HMA players don't have to compete with say CA players for these items.