• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer feedback

DeletedUser31397

These are great questions. Having not yet broken down any buildings that give gemstones, I've always thought the range was dependent of the breakdown time selected. I had no idea the range is controlled by an RNG. Interesting.

Hopefully, someone with more experience breaking down items with Gemstones can provide additional insight into this.

It's basically whether or not the range of the gemstones are uniform or gaussian. Initially, I too believed the range of gemstones followed a discrete gaussian distribution where middle values were far more likely than extremes. However, I have also noticed I've been getting a lot of extreme values lately (both high end and low end) and under normal distribution these would be around 3-5% outcomes. Sure it's still within the realm of possibility but I don't expect to get those occurences about once every 3 days LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

I'll finally open my 4th slot sometime today, and had been planning to start breaking down Gemstone buildings once I did. I may hold off a few days in hopes of getting more clarification about the inner workings. Maybe @Agent327 will come along and drop some insight.

DeletedUser37581

While it would take hundreds of observations to be sure (and I'm not that interested to do it myself), my off-the-cuff observations of gemstone distribution is that it is uniform across the combined range.

But I wonder @RazorbackPirate why waiting would make any difference? Either it is uniform for each item or it is uniform across the combined items, but in any case, it is what it is. Having precise knowledge doesn't really change anything, does it?

DeletedUser31397

It doesn't change anything but it is still nice to know what the actual odds are. With the events you can see the displayed probabilities so you can actually get an idea of what to expect when you go for the daily prizes. Not knowing whether a particular outcome can be 1/36 or 1/8 like the example I showed can be quite annoying especially if you get low on gemstones.

Of course, this is a more complex RNG system compared to events so I wasn't expecting Inno to actually tell us how this RNG system works. But it would be nice to one day get confirmation on the true distribution of the gemstones.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

But I wonder @RazorbackPirate why waiting would make any difference? Either it is uniform for each item or it is uniform across the combined items, but in any case, it is what it is. Having precise knowledge doesn't really change anything, does it?
The place more knowledge could potentially make a difference is @Sir Brandon Starr's question regarding the breakdown of multiple Gemstone buildings with differing Gemstone potentials at the same time. I'm sure in the long run it makes little difference, but if there's any nuances that make even a small difference, I'd like to take them into account.

DeletedUser37581

Okay, but in the long run, it doesn't matter in terms of how many gemstones you make. Let's say you have quite a few items that produce 2-4 gemstones. If you break those items down one at a time, you will average 3 gemstones each. If you break them down 3 at a time, the range is 6-12 and the average will be 9 for the 3 of them, or an average of 3 gemstones per item. It would make no difference whether the RNG is uniform across each item or uniform across the combined items.

RazorbackPirate

Okay, but in the long run, it doesn't matter in terms of how many gemstones you make. Let's say you have quite a few items that produce 2-4 gemstones. If you break those items down one at a time, you will average 3 gemstones each. If you break them down 3 at a time, the range is 6-12 and the average will be 9 for the 3 of them, or an average of 3 gemstones per item. It would make no difference whether the RNG is uniform across each item or uniform across the combined items.
I'm sure you're right. Being an information junkie, this thread raised a number of questions I'd not even considered. Although there's a few items from the AD I'd like, there's really nothing that I really need. That's why I've taken even the initial breakdowns slow, at 8 hours each, preferring the extra trade coins over opening the extra slots quickly.

With auctions, I've grabbed deals as I've seen them even on items I only intend to sell back to the AD. Example: Last night I was able to score an Elephant Fountain Kit, which I don't need and probably won't use, for just 5,202 trade coins, just now, a Winter Village Kit for 3,302, knowing that any of the items within them will fetch almost as many trade coins back, plus Gemstones. The AD has, in some ways, become my own personal stock exchange, providing numerous opportunities to buy low and sell high.

Agent327

The place more knowledge could potentially make a difference is @Sir Brandon Starr's question regarding the breakdown of multiple Gemstone buildings with differing Gemstone potentials at the same time. I'm sure in the long run it makes little difference, but if there's any nuances that make even a small difference, I'd like to take them into account.

I am on a 24 hr sale now. Gemstones will be something between 8 - 19 and that is exactly what it will be. I might get 8, might get 19, or something in between like 14. It is random.

Nuance there is that on an 8 hr sell you might get in comparison better random odds than on a 24 hr sell. That 8 - 19 of the 24 hr sell can be a 6 - 16 on a 8 hr sell. That is what I pay atention to.

Agent327

With auctions, I've grabbed deals as I've seen them even on items I only intend to sell back to the AD. Example: Last night I was able to score an Elephant Fountain Kit, which I don't need and probably won't use, for just 5,202 trade coins

You will take a loss on that. You can sell it for 4860 max with 0 - 2 gems.

just now, a Winter Village Kit for 3,302, knowing that any of the items within them will fetch almost as many trade coins back, plus Gemstones. The AD has, in some ways, become my own personal stock exchange, providing numerous opportunities to buy low and sell high.

Also sells for 4860 max with a better 2 - 5 gems

In the end your profit is marginal.

RazorbackPirate

I am on a 24 hr sale now. Gemstones will be something between 8 - 19 and that is exactly what it will be. I might get 8, might get 19, or something in between like 14. It is random.

Nuance there is that on an 8 hr sell you might get in comparison better random odds than on a 24 hr sell. That 8 - 19 of the 24 hr sell can be a 6 - 16 on a 8 hr sell. That is what I pay attention to.
Good info. Prior to this thread, I had no idea the actual Gemstone payout was random or about the nuance you mention. I'll be interested to see how this plays out as I begin selling Gemstone items.

In the end your profit is marginal.
While that's true with the trade coins, it will provide me with Gemstones that I would not have hanging onto the coins.

DeletedUser37581

I started out selling high-end items on a 24-hour breakdown. I have more gemstones than I will ever use in a year.

RazorbackPirate

Does anyone have any experience with boosting the outcome with diamonds? I assume it's still the same randomness, just with a slightly higher base Gemstone range?

DeletedUser37581

Does anyone have any experience with boosting the outcome with diamonds? I assume it's still the same randomness, just with a slightly higher base Gemstone range?
Slightly higher range, yes. IMO, not worth it. I'm sitting on over 700 gemstones already but there's very little to spend them on. On average, any particular item shows up in the shop about once a month. So unless there are a lot of items that you desire, gemstones aren't going to be a problem.

RazorbackPirate

Slightly higher range, yes. IMO, not worth it. I'm sitting on over 700 gemstones already but there's very little to spend them on. On average, any particular item shows up in the shop about once a month. So unless there are a lot of items that you desire, gemstones aren't going to be a problem.
Good to know. There's a handful of items I want, mostly upgrades for event buildings I didn't get while a noob, particularly the PoH and Grand Bridge. I'd also like to get a Royal Marble Gateway in one of my cities, I played the Napoleon historical quest line in it, but was stuck in a guild with no active leadership. I missed out when there was no one to open GE lvl 2 and couldn't complete the quest line. By the time I joined a new guild and the next GE rolled around, the quest line was long over. Still a sore spot, I'd like to rectify.

There's not much else I'm interested in. I've gotten each of the special buildings since then, all fully upgraded. With Inno now offering previous year's buildings in the new events, I suspect if I just wait a few months, I'll be able to get the upgrades I want in next year's Forge Bowl and Carnival events, leaving just the RMG to purchase.

I've got plenty of crap in inventory to sell with more arriving in each from GE, and events.

Zatrikon

My only problem is that it keeps offering the Pillar of Heroes upgrade in the world where I already have a fully upgraded PoH, but not in my other world where I don't. And the same for the Tholos of Idols, but with the worlds switched. I've seen both of these items up for auction multiple times in the wrong world, and zero times in the world where I need them.

Agent327

While that's true with the trade coins, it will provide me with Gemstones that I would not have hanging onto the coins.

It does, but the use of gemstones is very limited. I have bought some items, but my number of gemstones keeps growing. As a result of the auctions the number of coins fluctuates, so coins are more important than gemstones. Gemstones you get anyhow.