• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer feedback

DeletedUser30312

You will take a loss on that. You can sell it for 4860 max with 0 - 2 gems.

Also sells for 4860 max with a better 2 - 5 gems

In the end your profit is marginal.

With some items, it can be worth taking a small hit on coins if you can sell it back to the AD for some return in gems. Coins are easier to get than gems, so it shouldn't be a problem over the long run. Of course that depends on how much a player is buying directly from the AD rather than the auctions, the AD has a much more varied selection while the auctions are more limited.

Good to know. There's a handful of items I want, mostly upgrades for event buildings I didn't get while a noob, particularly the PoH and Grand Bridge. I'd also like to get a Royal Marble Gateway in one of my cities, I played the Napoleon historical quest line in it, but was stuck in a guild with no active leadership. I missed out when there was no one to open GE lvl 2 and couldn't complete the quest line. By the time I joined a new guild and the next GE rolled around, the quest line was long over. Still a sore spot, I'd like to rectify.\

Those all tend to go for quite a bit of coin in the auctions, but the PoH and Gateway are worth it. I'm less sure about the bridge.

DeletedUser31397

I think I am convinced now the gemstone range is uniform on the displayed range when selling multiple items. So if you sell 4 rogue hideouts at once for 1 day, you are more likely to get the absolute minimum or absolute maximum of gemstones than selling them individually. Selling them individually is the risk-averse option.

Another thing, I'm still puzzled why I see goods and FPs sell for over 50000 coins sometimes. Upgrade kits I can understand especially if someone is desperate to get the last one but consumables are still weird...

Zatrikon

By now, I have seen four offers of the Tholos of Idols upgrade in the world where I don't need it, and zero in the world where I do need it.
And I have seen five offers of the Pillar of Heroes upgrade in the world where I don't need it, and zero in the world where I do need it.
I have been checking the offers as often as I can.

Agent327

By now, I have seen four offers of the Tholos of Idols upgrade in the world where I don't need it, and zero in the world where I do need it.
And I have seen five offers of the Pillar of Heroes upgrade in the world where I don't need it, and zero in the world where I do need it.
I have been checking the offers as often as I can.

I think Inno is messing with you. What did you do to them?

Jern2017

I'm glad to see this text was made bolder! It was difficult to see the remaining time before.

Attachments

• sketch-1570328970823.png
    sketch-1570328970823.png
    666.2 KB · Views: 17

Zatrikon

I really like the Antiques Dealer, despite my complaining about my occasional bad luck with it.

One thing to note, not necessarily good or bad: It has changed the way I pick the awards for the Daily Challenges. Now, instead of picking the prize that is likely to be more useful (or less useless) to me, I pick the prize that I can sell for more to the Antiques Dealer, if there isn't something directly useful to me.

DeletedUser14197

I really like the Antiques Dealer, despite my complaining about my occasional bad luck with it.

One thing to note, not necessarily good or bad: It has changed the way I pick the awards for the Daily Challenges. Now, instead of picking the prize that is likely to be more useful (or less useless) to me, I pick the prize that I can sell for more to the Antiques Dealer, if there isn't something directly useful to me.
I do that to though I don't know why. I quit selling things since I have plenty of coins and gems in case something comes up that I want. So far I have only bought 2 items and they were both from auction. I haven't seen much I care about yet. Because of that I can understand why some pay lots I'd coins for consumables

Jern2017

I'm done with bidding until we see new buildings or upgrades. I bought three Royal Marble Gateways, two Checkmate Squares, built and upgraded my second Cherry Garden Set and fully upgraded my Pillar of Heroes. Now I just pick up a Watcfire or Mass Supply Rush (I find the latter useful for events) from time to time. I hope we get some new stuff soon!

qaccy

@Super Catanian For what, though? Gemstones are only used to buy the daily offers and the auctions, for whatever reason Inno decided upon, generally have better stuff. Occasionally there's a bit of overlap, and the Cherry Garden set is notable for being entirely available via daily offers, but beyond that gemstones aren't very useful. Beyond the initial release, have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to purchase something but didn't have enough gemstones for it? I personally haven't, and given just how many possibilities there are in that offer pool, that's unlikely to change unless Inno reworks something. Introducing another type of auction that deals exclusively in gemstones is one possibility.

I LOVE the Antiques Dealer. It's a fantastic addition to the game. I have cleaned out a lot of my unwanted inventory, and been able to get several event buildings fully upgraded. But I have two buildings left to upgrade.

The Tholos of Idols, which I've only seen a few times come up for bid. Most of those times I lost the bid, but I've won a couple. I have two more levels to go.

And the World's Fair, which I've NEVER seen come up for bid or for purchase. I'm at level 8 and I believe it goes up to 10, as well. Please add this upgrade into the rotation more often (or maybe I've just been really unlucky to have never seen it).

Thanks again for this useful feature.

DeletedUser37581

Tholos of Idols Selection Kit comes up regularly in the auction, but there are about 40 items that it competes with. If you are catching an auction 3 times a day, you could expect to see any particular item about once every two weeks.

The World's Fair is too new to be considered an Antique yet. Give it another six months maybe.

Tholos of Idols Selection Kit comes up regularly in the auction, but there are about 40 items that it competes with. If you are catching an auction 3 times a day, you could expect to see any particular item about once every two weeks.

The World's Fair is too new to be considered an Antique yet. Give it another six months maybe.

Thank you. Makes sense. Wait I will. :)

DeletedUser15539

I've been playing for several years, but have never seen the Mobolith offered. I wonder if it will ever be available in the Antiques Shop?