• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer is live now

BruteForceAttack

I have a guild mate that says theirs is "locked". Not sure what they mean but they are high age so have the tech unlocked. Anyone else come across this problem and know how to fix it. Thanks

Maybe confused with the summer event lock? if they are an app player they should try and update the app.

Last edited:

DeletedUser40061

Cool beans. About the exchange thing, i put up 1 item that i have no use for ..what happens afterwards ? Will i get offers? - hint: Its an upgrade for a later era

DeletedUser37581

Cool beans. About the exchange thing, i put up 1 item that i have no use for ..what happens afterwards ? Will i get offers? - hint: Its an upgrade for a later era
No offers - you are selling your item to the Antiques Dealer for a fixed amount of coins and (possibly) a variable amount of gemstones. You will receive those items at the expiration of your selected time period (2, 8, or 24 hours).

DeletedUser40061

No offers - you are selling your item to the Antiques Dealer for a fixed amount of coins and (possibly) a variable amount of gemstones. You will receive those items at the expiration of your selected time period (2, 8, or 24 hours).

Ah ha! Well from the looks of it, outcome is showing 200 coins is all the item is worth, no gems darn it...but maybe that will change later, who knows

DeletedUser25795

OK one possible reason it's "locked" is that even though this person is a high age and already researched everything when looking back at the old EMA Economics research, they had to research it a 2nd time. (weird one but that's one bug found so far)

DeletedUser30312

I'm speculating that Inno scheduled for this week so people would have it in time for the Summer Event, because events are great trash generators.

Anyhooo....tip from beta

Initially sell low value items without gems frequently (2hours) till more slots open, when you have multiple slots open sell big ticket items with gems and set the timing for 24 hours. This way you will earn more gems.

Yeah, I figured that out right away. The second slot takes 10 trades to open up, so getting a lot of fast turnover at the start helps. Then when you have multiple slots you can work on building up your gems. I'd use one slot to consume the junk quickly and the other to slowly break down the better stuff. I'm looking at down 8 hours rather than 24 though, according to the unofficial wiki the 8 hour is a 25% boost, and the 24 hour is a 50%.

I guess it depends on how much the later slots cost. I'm thinking of down the 24 hours with at least 3-4 slots open. Use the 2 hour slots for the low value gem less trash, 8 hours for stuff that that's 0-x gems and might not produce and 24 hours for the really good stuff.

Goodbye to all the gate of the sun gods & face of the ancients

I'm going to hold on to those for events. I don't even have that many left in my main if any.

My junk items are the coin and supply boosts, the coin rushes, at least some of the self-aids, Palm Trees and Victory Towers, and junky normal buildings. They can fuel new slots. Maybe the weaker attack boosts, since you can't stack them. Stuff like Wishing Wells and Terrace Farms will be gem fodder. The GE buildings in general look like they're good for getting back some gems.

I'd recommend selling one high-value item first, maybe even doing an 8 or 24-hour barter, just to get a couple of gems and a lot of coins, just in case there is some auction item that you really want. Then sell lots of cheap items to unlock slots. Since most people will start by selling cheap items, you will be in the lead with lots of coins right off the bat.

No need to rush it, it's not going anywhere. I'd get that second slot open ASAP myself. You'll need a good pile of coins and a decent number of gems to get anything good out of this anyway, so it'll be better to have as many slots open as possible.

DeletedUser37581

I'd use one slot to consume the junk quickly and the other to slowly break down the better stuff.
If you are breaking down multiple items, they all use the same breakdown timer. Either they are all for 2 hours, or all for 24 hours. The slots are not independent in that regard.

DeletedUser30312

Ah crap. Oh well, no big deal. Just do a lot of 2 hour junk breakdowns to clear out the trash while playing and then switch to 8 or 24 hours when you're done.

DeletedUser26829

I love the Antiques Dealer -- but the emporium makes my Tavern look so shabby !! Can we start getting refurbishments for the tavern please??

DeletedUser26829

What I really, really, really want is a chance to trade in my Victory Towers for something neater..
Perhaps a Victory Buttress = 10 Victory Towers??
Same for the ritual flames. I love 'em, but 30+ take up so much space. Couldn't I please have a Ritual Brazier and trade in X flames for 1 brazier??
I'm not explaining well - the names don't matter; the concept of trading in for more space efficient alternatives is what I'd like to have as part of the game..

DeletedUser30312

Also, the trade in value for event buildings is the same regardless of age:

upload_2019-7-31_13-59-41.png

(Not that any of these are getting converted, just a convenient example).

DeletedUser37581

What I really, really, really want is a chance to trade in my Victory Towers for something neater..
Perhaps a Victory Buttress = 10 Victory Towers??
Same for the ritual flames. I love 'em, but 30+ take up so much space. Couldn't I please have a Ritual Brazier and trade in X flames for 1 brazier??
I'm not explaining well - the names don't matter; the concept of trading in for more space efficient alternatives is what I'd like to have as part of the game..
Isn't that what the Antiques Dealer does? (Perhaps indirectly, but still...) You sell the Dealer items you don't want, and buy items you would rather have.

45adequateman

Inno has got to chill out with the notifications about auctions. We're notified when the auction starts. We're notified when the auction ends. We're even notified 10 minutes before the auction ends (for some reason). 3 notifications per auction. With an auction every 2 1/2 hours, that comes to over 9 auctions per day, and over 27 notifications per day--and that's per world.

That's just dumb.

DeletedUser40061

I think im beginning to understand this new feature...to clarify -like if someone is starting a bid on an item, and if i have enough antique coins, i can put in a higher bid and hopefully seal the deal. But if another person decides to outbid me, i get all my coins back.

DeletedUser33179

Inno has got to chill out with the notifications about auctions. We're notified when the auction starts. We're notified when the auction ends. We're even notified 10 minutes before the auction ends (for some reason). 3 notifications per auction. With an auction every 2 1/2 hours, that comes to over 9 auctions per day, and over 27 notifications per day--and that's per world.

That's just dumb.

You can opt out/in of various notifications via Settings menu in your city (look towards the end for 'Antiques Dealer', clicking on it will give you list of several things related to it)

45adequateman

You can opt out/in of various notifications via Settings menu in your city (look towards the end for 'Antiques Dealer', clicking on it will give you list of several things related to it)

Thank you!!! I stupidly looked for a way to change the settings through my computer browser, rather than on my mobile device (duh!)

I withdraw my earlier objection.

Ctik

I can't remember if anyone mentioned this, but Iron Age campers will now have an incentive to get moving, since the tech to unlock the Antiques Dealer is in EMA.

This is NOT going to give Iron Age campers any incentive. The small space available is already filled by buildings of far higher quality than anything you will get from this dealer.

Agent327

Don’t act like that was there before. I know it says Friday, but you even saying that makes it sound like you never looked for the announcement yourself.

Is it an announcement or not??

Inno forked this up bigtime and still they tried to follow their usual routine. That should tell you not to go by a note in the appstore.