• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer

ODragon

Things that make you go whom; auction edition.

Earlier, I won a Pillar of Heroes upgrade for 8,150 coins. No idea if that's a good price but currently, 100 goods of your age has a bid for 50,001 coins with almost 2 hours still left on it!

DeletedUser14354

Earlier, I won a Pillar of Heroes upgrade for 8,150 coins. No idea if that's a good price but currently, 100 goods of your age has a bid for 50,001 coins with almost 2 hours still left on it!

that looks a lot like someone intending to bid 501 and accidentally adding a few zeroes

DeletedUser

that looks a lot like someone intending to bid 501 and accidentally adding a few zeroes
To me it looks like they're messing with someone who had bid 50000. On the four worlds that I have the Antique Dealer, I went in and bid 1 over whatever the current bid was. So far I've been overbid on two of them. One of which I have managed to up the other guy's bid by a few thousand. LOL

Kranyar the Mysterious

Medal package went for 100k today in L. Guy is in Industrial, and looks to have started just before last year's summer event. The way I'm looking at it is that is 100k that won't be bidding against me on something worthwhile (yes, I know it won't work like that).

ODragon

Medal package went for 100k today in L. Guy is in Industrial, and looks to have started just before last year's summer event. The way I'm looking at it is that is 100k that won't be bidding against me on something worthwhile (yes, I know it won't work like that).

It is very surprising how much people are spending for what. Not saying there aren't things that are worth it, just surprised on the things I dont consider worth it.

Volodya

I spent 80K & 50K for two bridge upgrades. Only thing I had any interest in so far. I'm not sure I'll ever spend any gems.

DeletedUser40495

Grandstand: worthless.

Shrine of Knowledge: not worthless.

Yet the price offered by the AD is roughly similar.

I stand by my statement.
C’mon, stop complaining about this stuff. Listen - you get to trade in items that are worthless to you and actually receive something in return. Why would you complain about what you are able to get for trading in items that are worthless to you? You want to delete your inventory for profit? Then take what Inno gives you. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Would you rather be deleting your inventory and receiving nothing?

And anyway, if you don’t want the grandstand don’t buy it. And if you don’t want to trade in the SoK don’t trade it in. Nobody is forcing you, so I don’t know why you would have an issue with the situation. Just purchase items that you feel are appropriately priced, and trade in items you don’t want. It’s not hard.

Agent327

C’mon, stop complaining about this stuff. Listen - you get to trade in items that are worthless to you and actually receive something in return. Why would you complain about what you are able to get for trading in items that are worthless to you? You want to delete your inventory for profit? Then take what Inno gives you. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Would you rather be deleting your inventory and receiving nothing?

And anyway, if you don’t want the grandstand don’t buy it. And if you don’t want to trade in the SoK don’t trade it in. Nobody is forcing you, so I don’t know why you would have an issue with the situation. Just purchase items that you feel are appropriately priced, and trade in items you don’t want. It’s not hard.

It doesn't matter. For some it never is good enough.

DeletedUser30312

That's a nice price for a PoH, I picked another one up for something like 5151 coins the other day. The PoH upgrades are a different matter though, I've seen them go for 50-60k.

I don't remember seeing crazy bids for goods packages, but I've seen madness on medal packages.

DeletedUser38657

OK I am wondering why I an bedding agents a person in the future when I am in the late middle age when they may have buildings that are way above any of mine .seems every time I am bedding they just put 60k and higher knowing that they are no even close to a reasonable price. I do know I can get that much but it just seems unfair. OH the winner was in space age guess that ok

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

OK I am wondering why I an bedding agents a person in the future when I am in the late middle age when they may have buildings that are way above any of mine .seems every time I am bedding they just put 60k and higher knowing that they are no even close to a reasonable price. I do know I can get that much but it just seems unfair. OH the winner was in space age guess that ok

That's how it works.

DeletedUser

If you notice, a special/event building that you sell will bring you the same number of coins/gems regardless of the age of that building. Which means the only advantage that higher era players have is if they have actually been playing longer and have more inventory to sell. However, with all the boost bottles and decorations that most players end up with after even a short time playing, I don't think that being in a higher era means all that much as far as supposedly having an advantage.

Besides all that, if you can't compete in the auctions for whatever reason then just wait for something you want to be on regular sale. It's not like your game is going to suffer much if you don't get stuff from the auction part. I have so far mostly ignored the auction part altogether, except for some obnoxious 1 coin overbids. :D

DeletedUser30312

Exactly. All items trade in for the same regardless of age. Just take a look at this post:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...s-dealer-is-live-now.26763/page-2#post-266764

Those are the SoKs from my inventory with several different ages on them, but regardless of age, they all have the same trade in value. Higher age players only have an advantage by virtue of having likely played longer and thus having more stuff to trade in.

Oh and BTW there's always the possibility that even if the game put you up against another LMA player that person could have been camping in LMA or another low age for a year or more, and thus also have a lot of extra inventory to cash in. Just as all the special buildings have the same value, normal buildings which you can win are all only worth 200 coins and 0 gems, regardless of their age. I'm fairly certain the diamond buildings are all worth the same as well regardless of age, but I don't have a lot of extras of those to compare. They do give more than the normal buildings.

DeletedUser38103

So my friends bid items have all had 4 hour timers. Mine and my other friend have only seen 2 hour bid timers. Why is my one friends timer 4 hours??

DeletedUser34993

Oh and BTW there's always the possibility that even if the game put you up against another LMA player that person could have been camping in LMA or another low age for a year or more, and thus also have a lot of extra inventory to cash in. Just as all the special buildings have the same value, normal buildings which you can win are all only worth 200 coins and 0 gems, regardless of their age. I'm fairly certain the diamond buildings are all worth the same as well regardless of age, but I don't have a lot of extras of those to compare. They do give more than the normal buildings.

DeletedUser34993

Good point. IDK if anyone has mentioned it but there is also the major difference between the casual and the zealous questor! Or, what about those who play the Expedition? I'm the latter two yet the stuff in my inventory pales in comparison with those who've played longer and yes, quest/etc.

Point? What difference does it make? Once Inno decided to get pretty hard-core about age/era-specific items in the Special Events that stuff really did become useless junk! Only on a very few quests/challenges have I had any use for the stuff that isn't just "happy points" as I've leveled up through the eras. I'm nowhere near the futures but I still had over 20 pages -- average -- in my 3 cities! I'm delighted to be able to get rid of my "junk" and buy up the "treasures" that I've been beating my brains, schedule, and FoE pocketbook to "win" during regular game play!

My biggest beef with the selling booth? Why do I have to sell over 200 or whatever ridiculous number of items it is to get to open slot #4? If there's an inequity in the system it's in that one section. It would be fairer to those who've played a long time, quested more, or those who are new alike if they were afforded an opportunity to sell all of their stuff, high- or low-end FIRST so they have the trade coins/gemstones to be able to complete on that auction floor within a few days. Just my 2 cents.

I think it's a great idea and like all new things, the kinks have to be worked out of it. That's only going to happen with time. Save some of your 'junk' if you're new. There'll be other times to sell it off or use it to satisfy a quest requirement! ;)

(ROFL: Evidently I need to read up on how to quote someone!) Sorry about that! :oops:

Jern2017

I bought a PoH upgrade earlier. I can't remember how much exactly it cost (I think it was around 8.5k coins and sone gemstones), but it was definitely less than what it went for in the auction when I last saw it.