1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Antiques Dealer

Discussion in 'Forge Hall' started by Tstewart, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Tstewart

Tstewart New Member

Can you please put a purchase protection in the antiques dealer? twice today when switching from the exchange to the dealer, it has automatically purchased whatever junk was right behind the 'dealer' button. Please put in a "are you sure you want to purchase this piece of junk?"
    thanks

2. plinker

plinker Forum Moderator

Worlds:
    Dunarsund, Walstrand
    Please, discuss as you will, however do not to attempt to moderate a thread.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  3. Lancer

Lancer Forum Moderator

This is going to be moved to Forge Hall as well. This is more of a suggestion than an actual bug.

4. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I'm not understanding what you mean. I've gone to the Antiques Dealer on both mobile and PC, and the buttons to switch from one page to the other are not over any button to buy anything. I even tried fat-fingering the button and couldn't come close to "accidentally" buying anything.

5. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

I think this is just a Flash problem. I can't easily replicate it, but it does happen from time to time where I click on an Aid button (or visit Tavern icon, or GB icon) but the game thinks I clicked on whatever building happens to be behind the button. For the Antiques Dealer, I can see that returning back to the Shop from the Exchange (if the same phenomenon happens) that you could end up buying whatever is in the top left position.

EDIT: Or maybe not as the Antiques Dealer window doesn't seem to be layered, but slides back and forth between the Exchange and the Shop. However, if you have a faulty mouse that double clicks on occasion, then the problem could also occur.

6. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

While I also have yet to accidentally buy anything on Antiques Dealer the size, weight and how you hold the device used will play a role in how easy it is to accidentally slip up. Something with touch and a pen will have accidents if you're using the pen and don't realise you've rested your palm on the screen. A device that's a bit big and awkward to hold will be easier to slip on then something that's a bit more comfortable to hold and not too small to see what you're doing on it.

Personally I don't need or want a confirmation window on everything in the game. I'd prefer no confirmation windows other then on deletion and diamonds. But understandable that other players like the confirmation option and if players are doing this fairly frequently maybe it warrants requesting a confirmation box

Edit: or that. That does sound like what they may be experiencing. I haven't used flash in a long time. Been using HTML5.

7. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

But on my phone and on my PC the buttons aren't even close to overlapping, that's what I don't understand about this supposed issue. (And I am not switching back to Flash just to test this.)
    And if that's what's happening, is it right to saddle us all with another confirmation window? Better for the player to just take more care.

8. dontwannaname

There is little annoying about a confirmation window that includes a checkbox with a "never show this again" option.

Tstewart likes this.
  9. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Yes there is. Players that use that option and then start complaining they clicked on the item and bought it while they did not want to.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  10. dontwannaname

I said there was little annoying about the window, not the misuse of the window by players.

11. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

100% support this, I have misclicked and bought something I didn't want.

12. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari FOE Team Co-Community Manager

I have once as well (luckily it was on Beta), it was a total miss click on my part not part of a nefarious plot or even a bug. I MISS CLICKED..so I chalked it up to "WELP!!" and moved on with my day.

13. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member