• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser23784

Can you please put a purchase protection in the antiques dealer? twice today when switching from the exchange to the dealer, it has automatically purchased whatever junk was right behind the 'dealer' button. Please put in a "are you sure you want to purchase this piece of junk?"
thanks

Lancer

This is going to be moved to Forge Hall as well. This is more of a suggestion than an actual bug.

DeletedUser

Can you please put a purchase protection in the antiques dealer? twice today when switching from the exchange to the dealer, it has automatically purchased whatever junk was right behind the 'dealer' button. Please put in a "are you sure you want to purchase this piece of junk?"
thanks
I'm not understanding what you mean. I've gone to the Antiques Dealer on both mobile and PC, and the buttons to switch from one page to the other are not over any button to buy anything. I even tried fat-fingering the button and couldn't come close to "accidentally" buying anything.

DeletedUser37581

I'm not understanding what you mean. I've gone to the Antiques Dealer on both mobile and PC, and the buttons to switch from one page to the other are not over any button to buy anything. I even tried fat-fingering the button and couldn't come close to "accidentally" buying anything.
I think this is just a Flash problem. I can't easily replicate it, but it does happen from time to time where I click on an Aid button (or visit Tavern icon, or GB icon) but the game thinks I clicked on whatever building happens to be behind the button. For the Antiques Dealer, I can see that returning back to the Shop from the Exchange (if the same phenomenon happens) that you could end up buying whatever is in the top left position.

EDIT: Or maybe not as the Antiques Dealer window doesn't seem to be layered, but slides back and forth between the Exchange and the Shop. However, if you have a faulty mouse that double clicks on occasion, then the problem could also occur.

Emberguard

While I also have yet to accidentally buy anything on Antiques Dealer the size, weight and how you hold the device used will play a role in how easy it is to accidentally slip up. Something with touch and a pen will have accidents if you're using the pen and don't realise you've rested your palm on the screen. A device that's a bit big and awkward to hold will be easier to slip on then something that's a bit more comfortable to hold and not too small to see what you're doing on it.

Personally I don't need or want a confirmation window on everything in the game. I'd prefer no confirmation windows other then on deletion and diamonds. But understandable that other players like the confirmation option and if players are doing this fairly frequently maybe it warrants requesting a confirmation box

Edit: or that. That does sound like what they may be experiencing. I haven't used flash in a long time. Been using HTML5.

DeletedUser

I think this is just a Flash problem. I can't easily replicate it, but it does happen from time to time where I click on an Aid button (or visit Tavern icon, or GB icon) but the game thinks I clicked on whatever building happens to be behind the button. For the Antiques Dealer, I can see that returning back to the Shop from the Exchange (if the same phenomenon happens) that you could end up buying whatever is in the top left position.
But on my phone and on my PC the buttons aren't even close to overlapping, that's what I don't understand about this supposed issue. (And I am not switching back to Flash just to test this.)
While I also have yet to accidentally buy anything on Antiques Dealer the size, weight and how you hold the device used will play a role in how easy it is to accidentally slip up. Something with touch and a pen will have accidents if you're using the pen and don't realise you've rested your palm on the screen. A device that's a bit big and awkward to hold will be easier to slip on then something that's a bit more comfortable to hold and not too small to see what you're doing on it.
And if that's what's happening, is it right to saddle us all with another confirmation window? Better for the player to just take more care.

DeletedUser37581

Yes there is. Players that use that option and then start complaining they clicked on the item and bought it while they did not want to.
I said there was little annoying about the window, not the misuse of the window by players.

DeletedUser26120

100% support this, I have misclicked and bought something I didn't want.