• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer

Pericles the Lion

Is there "randomness" to the offerings in the AD auctions? The past 6 auctions offered up 4 Grand Bridge upgrades and 2 Pillar of Heroes. The three that I saw end, the winner claimed the item at the minimum bid. Another item that seems disproportionately represented is Tholos of Idols. Meanwhile, I haven't seen a train Selection Kit or Carousel what seems like months.

Emberguard

Yes. They're randomized with what's on offer.

But what you don't see are all the other Auctions taking place. It's not just one auction. It's every 50 players. There's 150 minutes (excluding auction extensions from extra bids) inbetween you being able to refresh to a new item.

That means if a new auction started every minute has already cycled through 150 randomised items before your turn comes back round. If it's every 15 mins then that's 10 items that have been randomized inbetween each auction you see.

A good indicator of how long inbetween each new auction is the amount of time that's passed when you join each auction. The Auction starts at 2 hrs. If almost every time you join within 2 minutes, then chances are auctions are being created every 2 mins. If you mostly see 5 mins into an auction then it's probably starting a new auction every 5 or so minutes

Pericles the Lion

But what you don't see are all the other Auctions taking place. It's not just one auction. It's every 50 players. There's 150 minutes (excluding auction extensions from extra bids) in between you being able to refresh to a new item.
Thanks. Just a cold streak I suppose.

NWWolverine

Thanks. Just a cold streak I suppose.
It's a cold streak. I see Train upgrades and Tholos a lot. Of course, I have 5 cities so I may see more than what you'll see on 1 if that's all you're working with. Keep in mind that this is supposed to be an antiques dealer and not Walmart. Visit a real Antiques dealer and I'll bet there's very little you'd buy, but every now and then, a great find. That's the setting they've created here. I check every time I log in, just to see if I might get lucky.

Last edited: