• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

any repercussions to skipping Tomorrow Era?

DeletedUser26120

Aside from the 20 quest diamonds, is there any negative consequences if I were to jump from Contemporary Era to Future Era?

I just looked it all up - it'd cost nearly 3,100 FPs and I have most of the goods needed.

Can you guys think of any downside to staying in Tomorrow Era for just a few minutes before moving to Future?

DeletedUser12620

Hmm, do you store champions for later use in GvG? They are very good if you plan to fight TE GVG I would make 20 to 30 then go to FE. Never know when you will need them. I say this to all units :)

DeletedUser26965

I suppose the answers can be relevant to what a players want/needs are. More broadly speaking what are the advantages/disadvantages to either sitting in any age or, if able, rushing through them. I know I rushed through the game relatively speaking and at the same time I also left behind the Story questline. This later caused some issues when I got to OF because many of the quests contain the requirement "from your age", this in turn slowed me down because it was more difficult fulfilling those than had I stayed in past ages a bit and moving the story questline along in conjunction but in the end I managed through fine and nearly done now.

Maybe a list of what can be gained or lost could reveal some things and you can choose what's important to you.

Sitting in an age

1) Allows time to build up military GB's for the next age to make fighting in GE, GvG, PvP and Continent Map easier
2) Trades perhaps of the players given age may go faster since all of your neighbors most of the time will be in your age as well.
3) Also if one wants blueprints for a GB of a given age they'll have potentially 80 players to Aid/Plunder for those prints
4) Fighting in GE is easier than the next age
5) Winning stuff in GE from that age you may want for later
6) Winning stuff in quests, Events, and soon Daily Challenges you may want for later
7) Treasury goods GB's of a given age may be of more utility than another
8) What your Goods GB's produce may be of more utility for you than what they will produce the next age

Rushing through an age or all ages

1) Can expand city much faster allowing for more stuff to be built
2) Able to play in more GvG provinces
3) Buildings are generally more powerful in regards to their productivity
4) Can produce more type goods
5) Able to play in more battle point Towers
6) OF/Blacksmith Recurring Quests are great

I don't know, I'm sure one can think of more for each category but that get's ya something more to think about.

DeletedUser26120

Thanks I'll be sure to leave some empty space to work with for storyline quests. Didn't think of that.

None of the 'sitting' cons apply to me, except ease of GE. Seems like I am good to go to skip TE unless anyone has anything to add?

DeletedUser27889

One downfall could be if you move into FE in a matter of minutes, your hood standing will be lower than those around you in FE, this is an assumption but a better way of phrasing may be your hood standing is lower than if you would have been in TE for a bit.

Also, you'd be going into FE with a CE defense army as you have not had time to gain TE defenses.

I would do a weeks of GE in TE (IE move on a monday so your GE sets to TE) allowing you to get troops just enough for your city defense along with some (more?) TE goods.

DeletedUser25166

That's my plan, first 2 days, 10 techs and stealth tanks barracks. Then a week to build up Champs and tanks, then last 8 techs every 2 days. 1 month in TE, long enough for some GE goodies, GvG troops, then off to FE, where I will end my FoE career

DeletedUser12620

That's my plan, first 2 days, 10 techs and stealth tanks barracks. Then a week to build up Champs and tanks, then last 8 techs every 2 days. 1 month in TE, long enough for some GE goodies, GvG troops, then off to FE, where I will end my FoE career

Seems like a few just camp in FE forever.

DeletedUser25166

Seems like a few just camp in FE forever.
If you are a type of player that has to finish games, then advancing makes sense. But there is no advantage to a Guild for artic/oceanic Goods. I get too much lag on AA map, so I don't need Eels to fight spearfighters. The only thing I lose is 2-4 expansions from Tech tree. But if I'm sitting forever in FE, I can use city space for whatever I need

DeletedUser26965

But there is no advantage to a Guild for artic/oceanic Goods
True for the most extent but AF/OF units for AA defenses are better to have than just FE and below. Of course if one does not fill sectors then okay.

Also OF4 is just around the corner with a new unit coming and perhaps a new GB but I'm not so sure about the GB though, might not get one at all, but if it does that might drive up demand for goods depending of course if it's any good.

Then of course the expansion after OF4 which people will start using the units from in AA, assuming the game stays the same, thereby making FE and below even more weaker.

AF/OF combined have a total of 19 expansions (21 maybe with OF4)

Plus OF/Blacksmith/Recurring Questing is da bomb;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

If you are a type of player that has to finish games, then advancing makes sense. But there is no advantage to a Guild for artic/oceanic Goods. I get too much lag on AA map, so I don't need Eels to fight spearfighters. The only thing I lose is 2-4 expansions from Tech tree. But if I'm sitting forever in FE, I can use city space for whatever I need
So far there are 3 expansions on each of the AF and OF tech trees so 6 total.

DeletedUser

Dursland, you are going to miss all those fights on the "Timothy Leary" memorial battlefield.

DeletedUser26120

Dursland, you are going to miss all those fights on the "Timothy Leary" memorial battlefield.
Not worried, I'll be seeing plenty of battlefields.

Decided I will wait until winter event when hood locks up for a month due to shared prize. Will move up at the beginning of that and spend 4 weeks hitting CE defs with TE/FE units. Gonna be fun.

Should get TE/FE towers to myself for a while too!

DeletedUser27889

Decided I will wait until winter event when hood locks up for a month due to shared prize.
I don't recall shared prize in winter. Certainly could be wrong but winter I thought was tickets via town hall and quests. 1 ticket = 1 prize with a grid, 12 maybe, and a punishment shuffle square. Everyone gets their own if I recall correctly.

DeletedUser26120

Will wait until spring if I have to. Being 2 ages above everyone else is just too good an opportunity to pass up.

DeletedUser26532

I highly recommend doing what you suggest and skipping Tomorrow.

I moved in expecting to sit in it a while just as I did with PME and Contemporary.

Good LORD the units are TERRIBLE. They all need to come with a "handle with care" label. Even the stealth tanks are taken out more easily than Contemporary tanks. Champs are about the only thing that's actually worth fighting with.

I of course didn't save up goods or FP To blow through, so now I"m trapped in it for a few weeks and highly regret moving up.

DeletedUser13838

The question is not whether you should skip TE but whether you're prepared to face FE hoods with players who've been camping there for a year or so.

DeletedUser27184

Not worried, I'll be seeing plenty of battlefields.

Decided I will wait until winter event when hood locks up for a month due to shared prize. Will move up at the beginning of that and spend 4 weeks hitting CE defs with TE/FE units. Gonna be fun.

Should get TE/FE towers to myself for a while too!
Why wait for the next event?

Push on the continent map now, get next Era troops, and plunder your way today.

DeletedUser26120

Push on the continent map now, get next Era troops, and plunder your way today.
I've gotten ahead of myself on the map before, never again. It got nearly impossible keeping up with quests without begging for higher age goods.

Took me forever to re-sync my map with my era and am not undoing it ever lol.

Thanks for all the input, esp @darthhenning - I'd noticed that with CE vs TE units already. Glad to get it confirmed.

Will wait on shared hood event and jump ahead, need time to gather the 10 million extra supplies anyway. Will be a great 4 weeks when the time finally comes around. :)

Edit: Realized a nice bonus will be seeing my victory towers and HoFs suddenly jump up in production.

Last edited by a moderator: