• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Any updates on the FoE migration from Flash?

spnnr

We are coming to the end of the first quarter in 2018 and I was hoping that there would be an update on the aforementioned subject as other online games have started the migration away from the Flash platform.

Can anyone on beta (assuming they would test it there first) shed some light on this issue?

Thanks for any clarification that will be forthcoming.

DeletedUser32389

Ona side note, anyone can play beta. I don't keep my city up, but I stop in to check out changes and preview events sometimes. It can be insightful. You can also test out the HTML5 conversion for yourself.

DeletedUser31225

Ona side note, anyone can play beta. I don't keep my city up, but I stop in to check out changes and preview events sometimes. It can be insightful. You can also test out the HTML5 conversion for yourself.

I wanted to join beta forum but it seems I need a city on beta. Can you please tell me how many worlds are there in beta?

DeletedUser3882

The testing is ongoing and not close to ready for release. The general consensus over there is that it’s still a few months away.

There is still some lag present that is trying to be worked out. Some see improvements here, some do not there, as is the case with most things. Lot of variables involved with a lot of different hardware configurations and the like. I believe they/we/us/them are still focusing on only one or two popular browsers at the moment, getting them optimized, and then focusing on others. Obviously, this is a browser “only” test as it doesn’t affect mobile in any way.

Yes, only one world in BETA, free to play, and works just the same as your live server, exception being, you get to play around with pre-release versions of most things and help test bugs. They give free diamonds to help “test” said bugs.

DeletedUser31225

I started a city finally on beta :)

First impression: Excellent job :D
Brightness is a bit different. Slightly dark? Otherwise no different than the flash version at first look. Aided from Social bar. Perfect. Built a few houses and production buildings. Moved things here & there. Did a few research. All satisfactory so far. Btw I am still at early BA.

Consumes memory a lot at a very very fast speed. Had to keep refreshing / closing the tab again & again.

spnnr

I started a city finally on beta :)

First impression: Excellent job :D
Brightness is a bit different. Slightly dark? Otherwise no different than the flash version at first look. Aided from Social bar. Perfect. Built a few houses and production buildings. Moved things here & there. Did a few research. All satisfactory so far. Btw I am still at early BA.

Consumes memory a lot at a very very fast speed. Had to keep refreshing / closing the tab again & again.

Great except for the memory part ..

DeletedUser3882

Great except for the memory part ..
Just my thoughts... HTML 5 improves (or has?) optimization on multi-core processors that are standard now (which flash has NO optimization for)... As they work out the bugs, this will become better, but is not there yet... Still testing with fore mentioned various hardware configurations.

Those running older machines (with dual core or single core) will most likely see less benefit of the migration. That’s just the processor aspect.

They are working on bugs in graphics chipsets, memory leaks, various browsers and their specific coding issues, et al and is a pretty big undertaking so some patience is needed.