• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

AO or Kraken?

Cyrus the Adequate

I already have Zeus, CdM, CoA, HC, Traz, Terracotta, Arc80, Galata, ToR, Inno. I'm thinking that my next GB needs to be either Kraken or AO, giving some help with fighting while also giving FPs. Currently in HMA.

Thoughts? Am I on the right path, or would Frontenac be a better choice?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Knowing nothing about how you actually play, I'd say AO. The other option if you rarely fight same era troops would be neither, imho.

While I have Kraken in a couple of older cities, I find that it no longer makes any difference in those cities the way the game has evolved, so if I were doing it over again I wouldn't build it at all. Too few charges when you do hundreds of battles a day, and too few fp easily acquired elsewhere. I've actually been considering removing the ones I do have, but they are already leveled up pretty high and do look really cool.

Ebeondi Asi

CF is good if you like to do Recurring Quests. There are players who say Cf is as good better than Arc as the number one GB in the game. If you do not thrill to do hundreds of recurring quests, then Cf loses it luster.
Of Kraken or AO? AO 100% all the way.

Cyrus the Adequate

The Inno generates too much population and normally special event buildings can easily do this.

Yeah, I built the Inno early on when I was using too much space for residential buildings. Thanks for reminding me - it's probably wasted space now, and would give me most of the space I need for the AO.

Kraken is good for a set number of charges (5-13) then is burnt until the next collection. AO is always ready as long as the units are of the same era.
Right - very cool concept, but yeah, it's pretty limited.

Going back and looking, I didn't notice at first that the AO probability is per unit strike, while Kraken is per battle. That's a big difference.

Danndy

A Kraken trick I just learned; not to collect from the Kraken until you are well into your daily battles and starting to see more significant losses. Then go collect, and this 'unleashes the Kraken" when you need it most.

Agent327

A Kraken trick I just learned; not to collect from the Kraken until you are well into your daily battles and starting to see more significant losses. Then go collect, and this 'unleashes the Kraken" when you need it most.

That means postponing fp collection and getting less fp's in the long run. If you really need the Kraken that bad, your attack bonus is just to low.

Agent327

Always the positive input. :rolleyes:

Something not true about it?

It takes a level 22 before you have more that 50% chance. Level 59 is what most aim for to start with. At that level it gives 47 fp. Is that a collection you want to miss out on? I know. You have been playing for a massive 7 years and you have been a Guild founder and al. As far as I am concerned you are nothing more than a poor casual player giving advice to players that are not looking for a casual playstyle. That's it.

I must say, it really feels good to be able to share my opinion again.

Pericles the Lion

My Kraken is L26 and I find it very useful for taking sectors on the C-Map. 16 charges is more than enough to take a province. If the Kraken doesn't fire I retreat and start over. Got me thru SAAB with FE units and thru SAV using mostly OF units. Having a province scouted and ready for attack eliminates any concern about timing the Kraken collection. For regular battles I find the AO much more useful.

Danndy

Yes, for daily battles, and I know it may be hard for you to remember at your age, but now all players reading this forum are at your level.

RRach

You do not build the Kraken for its fp production. It has one use and one use only: combat. Mine is still low level. I have been considering deleting it for ages, but I'm not desperate for the 25 tiles it occupies and love how it looks

(I'd like to see it reach up grab one of the people in the bleachers and eat them)