• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arc 75-80: Swap or 1.9?

Lord Daegus

I'm in the grind to get my Arc from 75 to 80 and I'm wondering if I should switch tactics. I hate the swap threads and never use them. However its now taking me 3-4 days to level my arc at this level, unless I hit upon a good stash of FPs in GE or GBG. I only have about 3600fp banked, so not enough to rage the last 5 levels. Should I consider moving my arc to swap threads? I feel like I'm being rude now taking multiple days to flip the arc and get everyone their FP back. I've always made sure to flip either that day or the next, but now it's not possible.

I had a really lucrative hood last week with a ton of self-levelers and made some good FP profit. I was really hoping there wouldn't be a hood change and I could bank more FP and get to where I could rage, but alas, no.

So what do you all think, should I stay in the 1.9 and take the extra time to flip, or slog it out in the swap threads?

Emberguard

Stay in 1.9.

If you feel yourself rude you have another option. Stop levelling the Arc long enough to “bank” FPs equal to what you need to raise it to the next level. Then do a level with what’s in inventory.

Emberguard

In total you’ll need 4,257 FPs to raise from lvl 75-80 using 1.9.

So decide how much capitol you want to keep banked in addition to 4,257 and then do the last 5 levels.

Note: if you open the next level without asking anyone to contribute you may find some free donations ;) then when you’re ready you can work out whether any of those donations are high enough to keep a spot or if they’ll be bumped off.

Lord Daegus

Stay in 1.9.

If you feel yourself rude you have another option. Stop levelling the Arc long enough to “bank” FPs equal to what you need to raise it to the next level. Then do a level with what’s in inventory.

That's actually what I'm doing right now. I'm sitting at 75 trying to snipe my hoodies and trade bar FP for banked, etc. I'm also trying very hard to not sit and whine and go, "it's almost doooooooooonnnneeeee" lol. I miss those mid levels where there was no priming the first 3 spots lmao!

Wwwoodchuck

I felt the same way, I did not want to tie up people’s FP for an extended time. I had heard 24 hours was the standard for turnaround.

What I did was set the bank amount I wanted to have when I hit 80 and never went below that. I figured 2 daily collections and the amount I would need over that for a level. When I got that amount in the bank I would list it. I could lock first and second the first day, and when I collected the next day level it.

Using round numbers;

Daily collection: 200 FP. 2 days = 400 FP

Amount for the level :700

Needed bank of 300 FP.

After I got to 80, I find that when I put in someone’s Arc going 75 to 80, I expect those FP to be tied up for a few days. If I can afford to have them tied up, I put in, if not I don’t. It is the same thing with other high-level GB like HC or BG. When they get up in levels, I expect to have those FP tied up for a few days.

Lord Pest

Stay in the 1.9 group. I add enough fp so 1 & 2 can lock at 1.9. Then add enough so 3 can lock, etc. I’m starting Arc 98 and 1.9 works just fine. It’s now taking 3 to 4 day a level but so what. Had a sniper give me 228 fp for a 4th place that only pays out 143 fp today.. I’ll take it.

Plain Red Justice

I have only lost a grand total of 551 FP to level my Arc from 80 to 85 and they didn't come from swaps. Placing FP towards yourself is a BAD choice for GB levels this high and if you don't want to permanently lose FP, you better get those grey matter going and find a way to not spend anything

Meat Butcher

Much better to take a few extra days to level it and save your FP packs.
Its best to use your FP packs to make more FP packs through hood / buddy list. When you have an established base amount of FP's then the extra you use to push your own GB's.

Lord Daegus

Much better to take a few extra days to level it and save your FP packs.
Its best to use your FP packs to make more FP packs through hood / buddy list. When you have an established base amount of FP's then the extra you use to push your own GB's.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I use FP packs to make more? Am I not just trading packs basically? I'm not using packs right now to snipe or use on friends, just collected FP.

Meat Butcher

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I use FP packs to make more? Am I not just trading packs basically? I'm not using packs right now to snipe or use on friends, just collected FP.
Find a profitable GB, use your FP packs to secure a spot, as long as you make more FP packs thank you put in (higher the Arc boost the more that come back obviously) then you did good.
Rinse and repeat often. It requires time to find them but it will always pay off. Ever wonder why it seems some peeps have more FP's than others ? This is one of the reasons.
Hope that helps.

Lord Daegus

Find a profitable GB, use your FP packs to secure a spot, as long as you make more FP packs thank you put in (higher the Arc boost the more that come back obviously) then you did good.
Rinse and repeat often. It requires time to find them but it will always pay off. Ever wonder why it seems some peeps have more FP's than others ? This is one of the reasons.
Hope that helps.
Oh ok got it. I'm doing that now, just with bar FP, not banked.

Lord Daegus

And what do you do when you find a profitable snipe, but your bar doesn't have enough to cover it?
Wait? Pass? Mah...no, if it's a good snipe, you want to use your FP bank to grab it while it's hot.

Well in the case I'd use them, but I have yet to actually come across something like that. I have been getting a lot of very low level people self-leveling, so I've been able to snag 60+ fp with it only costing me 1fp on a bunch.

DevaCat

75 to 80 is a hard, hard grind that seems to never end while you are there. Just keep at it, and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel sooner than you think!
I had heard that 60 to 80 was a real painful slog, but on my first trip there it was not that bad. I got at least a level a day, in a 1.85 thread with 3 regulars and other guildies taking positions. Now the whole 0 to 80 thing, oh boy it's a long trip!

The key to making that last slog easier for me was the bank. I had waited until I had about an 80 FP daily collection before I built the Arc. When I got serious about making the run to L80, it was in the teens in a private Arc daily swap group (the longest grind for me) and I had 10k banked. That bank let me, once it made sense to move into the 1.85, immediately move from finishing a level to priming the next one -- keeping the process continually moving. So at 60 to 80, the bank let me repay investors as immediately as possible, making them happy to stick around and keep investing. Sure made me happy. :) And at the end, I had about 4K left in the bank to work with that shiny new toy.

The bank prevented a fp stall out at any point of the process. It helped me with my goal, which was to reach L80 asap. It changed "long and painful" to just "long", lol.

Ericness

I advise using the 1.9 to the end. In my guild we include estimated completion times as well so folks know what they can expect. I would imagine that most of your guildies in 1.9 remember the pain of those last few levels and understand waiting a little bit longer for that part of their bank to come back. It's a short term inconvenience for a long term gain for the guild

Lord Daegus

Well I did it, I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new level 80 arc. Thank you to all for your advice. I ultimately kept plugging away in the 1.9 thread and then for the last two levels I power leveled using my banked fp.

So now I have a new question. Is it worth it to go higher? At what point (if any), can you make a profit? I can go to around 95 I believe with the number of prints I have. Right at this exact moment I'm focusing on leveling up my attack GBs, but at some point I'm wondering if I should try to get to level 90 on the Arc.

Joeyjojojo

Congrats! It does slowly improve up to lv180 (where the main boost is capped), but the boost/level is so low that I don't see any reason to push hard. IMO it's worth getting to 90 or 100 so you can get some profit on 1.9x but only after you've gotten a bunch of other GBs up to 70-80.

As a side note on your original question: hybrid works well. Get 1.9x donations for 1-3 only then use swaps to fill it out. I have no idea why anyone bothers to spend hundreds of extra FPs to prime for a spot that pays 10, when they can get it filled by a 50 or 100 FP swap.

Lord Daegus

Congrats! It does slowly improve up to lv180 (where the main boost is capped), but the boost/level is so low that I don't see any reason to push hard. IMO it's worth getting to 90 or 100 so you can get some profit on 1.9x but only after you've gotten a bunch of other GBs up to 70-80.

As a side note on your original question: hybrid works well. Get 1.9x donations for 1-3 only then use swaps to fill it out. I have no idea why anyone bothers to spend hundreds of extra FPs to prime for a spot that pays 10, when they can get it filled by a 50 or 100 FP swap.
Oh that's a good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of priming only for 1-3. I was figuring I'd throw it into swaps just due to the crazy number of fps needed now.

P C C

Many people would say that takes advantage of your swap partners, if the best they can hope for after placing a large number of FP is a small reward. When I used swaps, I wouldn't have taken a swap on a building where the top places went on 1.9x. A two person swap for 4th or 5th wouldn't have that issue but it also wouldn't give any benefit over each player priming their GB for the other.