• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Arc circle options

DeletedUser40311

The goal is to list out several options for arc circles and try to keep it as concise as possible, though sometimes for clarification staying concise is difficult without being clear. All options are based on forming an arc circle for levels 12-30. Typically arc circles are disbanded at level 30 bc it is more efficient to use 1.8/1.9 contributions for the rest of the levels. If you don't know what 1.8/1.9 is, please look up a guide, it will change your life and trying to level arc to 80 without it will take several years and is a complete waste of time. I have done several spreadsheets with extreme diligence to come up with the statistics. The TIME required for each option is based on 80 fp a day contributions. Time is one of the most important factors to consider when using an arc circle, and a lot of people overlook the time aspect. Also, the arc groups are based off a 4 man team on the SAME level (more about this in closing statements). But arc circles can work with up to 6. Less than 4 is doable but ill advised. Also please notice most total fps required and total fps returned are not exact, they are slightly rounded for simplicity and based on going from level 12-30.

Option 1; No reinvestment with full locks for positions 1-3. Longest time, greatest return on fp and bp
For this option, each player contributes 50% of remaining fp for the first 3 positions. For instance, if arc needs 1000 fp to level, player 1 will contribute 500fp to the building, player 2 to will contribute 250fp, and player 3 will contribute 125fp. This locks each of the spots and leaves 125 fp for the owner to self level or receive outside contributions for 4-5 place. This method is well structured, and has no limit to the max you can place per day. Any circle you make, you should be sure that you can always place any fp from events, weekly/daily chests, and GE onto the building. On another world I saw an arc group that did exactly 30 a day, all extra fp from these other sources was lost. Which is horribly inefficient. This is one of my least favorite methods. From level 12-30 it takes roughly 25k fp and return 12k. Using 80 fp per day this takes 25000/80= 313 days...

Option 2; 75% Reinvestment with full locks for positions 1-3. Relatively consistent time per level, same return on bp as option 1
This method performs similar to option 1, except at the beginning of each level you take 75% of the fp you received from the previous level (Including extra fp from arc bonus) and put it back into the next level. So that 12k stored fps from option 1, why in the world would you need 12k stored fps? Take 75% of that, which is 9000. Subtract it from the total fp needed to reach level 30, 25000-9000=16000. This takes 16000/80= 200 days. Still not great on time but much better than option 1. Returns the same amount of bp and you will still have 3000 fps when you hit level 30.

Option 3; Full reinvestment, faster on time than option 1, but takes away all of your stored fps.
Similar to option 2, instead of reinvesting 75%, reinvest 100%. This takes the time down to (25000-12000)/80=163 days. Much much better on time and still returns the same bp as option 1&2, but you will gain no stored fps. You can also alter these percentages to suit your needs, say 90%. To keep some fps but still level quickly.

Option 4; Self leveling and receiving 1.8/1.9 contributions for 1&2, then swapping with your arc circle for 3-5.
This method is by far the quickest. Taking roughly 9k fps to level 30, and returning a few hundred fps. That is about 9000/80= 113 days. However the bp return is significantly lower. I did not do the exact math, but per level is roughly 60% of the bp return from options 1-3. If you snipe other arcs outside of your circle (which you should be doing no matter what option you use) this method can still be sustainable. But there are two things to consider. 1, if you don't have many bp starting out, it is likely you will get to a point where you are holding your entire group back by not being able to unlock the next level, and the same is true for anyone else in your group. 2, positions 3-5 are much much more likely to get sniped by outside contributors, making this method a lot more risky. This method returns less bp, but you can also use this method after level 30. After level 30, use 1.8/1.9 for spots 1-3, and swap for 4&5.

Closing statements;
Each option has its strength's and weaknesses. It is up to your group to decide what method to use based on your needs.

Dealing with snipers; When using the reinvest options. You can save your reinvest till the end of the level. Take the example from option 1 and some random person adds 100 fp out of the blue on an arc, and there is 375 fp to be reinvested for that level. If the player responsible for locking 1st has already put on at least 125 fp, he can use his 375 fp reinvest to immediately lock up 1st. The player responsible for taking 2nd can use 250 of their 375 to lock up 2nd, and the same for third. This immediately locks the random contributor out. You should still consider politely messaging them or removing them as a friend to prevent any snipes on future levels. Of course if they contribute more than the required fp for any given spot, someone loses their spot for that round. Happens to everyone, brush it off and push on.

Getting same level players; Ideally you want to use players in the same guild. Typically it is very hard to find 4 people at the same level. Simply ask the highest level players if they would be okay in waiting for you to catch up to them. Every foe player always has 4395893 other projects in their city they want to work on, so this shouldn't be too hard. You can even ask them to contribute some fps for your 3-5 positions as you're coming up, this will give them a head start on bp.

If anyone sees errors in the math, or improvements to clarifications, please comment below and I will edit the post.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiserpenny

I’m doing something close to your option 1/2 in one world. In another, newer world, i am just running straight guild swaps. I’m one of the top FP producers in my guild and am able to place top 3 in most arcs leveling on the swaps (so far anyway). Has anyone given this 2nd approach any thought? My concern with it at the moment is eventually hitting a point where blueprints become an issue as others maybe slow leveling of their arcs