• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ARC level 80

ol man Rufus

I am not far from having my ARC at level 80. I have never really understood what my benefits are going to be apart from the blue prints and medals
Would someone explain.

Thanks,
RufusXZ

DeletedUser34893

Why is that a surprise? That's what everybody says is the thing to do.
I am not sure if that is a sarcastic response. To get to 80 you must have been playing for a few months at a minimum to pay for the goods and then get it up in levels unless you have deep pockets or really good friends. Maybe it's me but I would think a person who invested that time or money would pause for a minute and ask themselves and others "Why am I doing this?".

ol man Rufus

I appreciate everyone's reply and even the sarcastic. My Arc is at lvl 67 and really has been driven by high point friends, Guildmates and even neighbors (who became friends). I certainly have asked myself ""Why am I doing this?"---and so that's the reason for the forum post.
I know that Guild admin's push for high Arcs because of the benefits to the Guild but reading @Stephen Longshanks between the lines, there must be "incorrect" ways of using an ARC80. That is the information I am asking for.

Thank you all
RufusXZ

The Lady Redneck

Yesterday I got the first of my Arcs to level 80. Thanks to the help of some VERY experienced good friends and my guildmates. One friend asked me back when it was only at level 20 if I knew what benefits it would bring and did I want to commit to doing this. That if all I wanted was the bragging rights I was an idiot as simply to have it sitting there not working would be a waste of my time and resources. He reckons only about 1 in 25 of those with high level Arcs do understand it or get the most out of it. I intend using the rewards from mine to help others in my guild level theirs up so our guild inventory is better placed to fuel GBG and GvG when needed. Also to help us level up our other GBs so our cities becomes stronger and help our guilds progress. Just to leave it sitting like a big lump would serve no-one except snipers if I was to leave it open.

Emberguard

I appreciate everyone's reply and even the sarcastic.
<3

there must be "incorrect" ways of using an ARC80. That is the information I am asking for.
If it's not giving anything in return then it's "incorrect". If you're able to use it in a way that gets a return then it's worth the space it takes up.

Most players use the Arc for two things:

(1) profit on neighbourhood GBs

The beauty of an Arc is it allows you to open up your options to multiple income streams with rapid exponential growth. Usually you'd be restricted to just your city collection which basically has a cap to it. It's like the difference between money growth potential if you cut out coffee from your diet or decide to start a business. One method is limited by how much you can cut out, the other has unlimited potential although it also entails risk.

With an Arc you can potentially put down FPs and lock in to gains hundreds of FPs from what you put on because of the Arc bonus. Without the Arc you'd be losing FPs on most investments unless no one else contributes to the same GB.

The Arc allows you to lock in a position and know that you got a increase of investment on those FPs once the GB lvls up. This has a cascade effect. I don't need every GB to lvl up. I only need enough of the GBs I invest into to lvl up that I'm gaining more then I put in. The more GBs I put FPs into the greater pool of FPs I have coming back to me that I can then re-invest into more GBs. If the GB is low enough in Lvl I may even be able to get away with only putting 1 or 2 FPs in to reduce the loss if it doesn't lvl but have a massive gain once it does lvl.

(2) Lvling up your own GBs faster

If you're able to put enough of your own FPs in to make positions secure then others can take those spots at 1.9. This will massively reduce the cost to lvl up your GBs

Lets say you want to take Zeus, CoA and CDM to lvl 80.
Without 1.9 from Arc:
Zeus: 57,685 - 99,390
CoA: 67,717 - 116,932
CDM: 79,666 - 136,386
Total: 205,068 - 352,708 FPs needed

The lower figure for that is if when lvl'ing up you managed to get all the rewards back in investment. The higher figure is the amount you'd need to spend without rewards

With 1.9 from Arc:
Zeus: 20,052
CoA: 23,321
CDM: 28,513
Total: 71,886 FPs needed

By using the Arc correctly you can lvl up 3 GBs to lvl 80 for less then what you potentially would need for just 1 of those GBs

Mustapha00

The above poster who wrote of taking an Arc (or any other GB) to 80 as being a "commitment" is exactly right.

I "committed" the most part of 2019 to taking three Arcs from "birth" to 80. And I still have two more to go.

Did it get repetitive playing each day, knowing that my swap threads and any spare FP I happened to have would be going, day after day after day, to my Arcs? Yep.

But.....the rewards are absolutely worth it. The flexibility in game play that you get from having a steady stream of FPs and Medals (assuming you still need those, as I do) coming in from helping other players on their journeys in leveling whatever GB they're concentrating on makes the game even more enjoyable. You can shift your GB leveling focus to whatever other GB you wish to work on, knowing that you can obtain pretty much any number of BPs you might need in fairly short order via the Arc's bonus to BPs earned. Frankly, I only wish that I had begun the grind earlier than I did.

aghiv

Others have gone over the benefits of the Arc generally. The reason why level 80 specifically, rather than say 75, or 90 has to do with a couple of things. First, the rewards per level go way down after 80 (from 10 - 60 it's 1% increase in bonus each level 60-80 is 0.5%, after 80 is 0.1%). Second, past 80 and you're on the wrong side of the profit zone curve, so even with donors giving a full 1.9x of each spot, it's still pretty expensive to level (and increasingly so every level). At 80, you get a 90% bonus (or 1.9x - hence 1.9). For these reasons, there seems to be a general consensus that the 1.9 times the reward is what a spot on any GB "should" cost, and players and guilds run 1.9 threads based on this. Sometimes a very generous high level player will give more than 1.9, but that's not nearly as common. Vendors of high level goods often quote the price in 'net over 1.9', meaning, they'll expect a full 1.9 donation, and then the agreed price of the goods on top of that. You want to power level your other GBs, where are you going to find the prints? Think you'll be seeing players post high level buildings in your guild's swap threads? No, they're leveling them in a 1.9 thread, with other level 80 Arc players taking the spots using their fp packs, which they will get back in full when the GB levels (usually very quickly) and end up swimming in prints. Without a lvl 80 Arc, you just can't keep up, and are locked out of the most profitable way to play the game.