• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

DeletedUser10789

Had Inno made any announcements or pronouncements about it through official channels, it would be a bait and switch. They did not, so it was not. They tested something on Beta, didn't like what they saw and changed it when it went live.

When you saw the Checkmate Square wasn't going to be offered, you had plenty of time left to spend your scrolls and get the Airship, that you chose not to is on you. Hard lesson learned, but hopefully a lesson learned. Things change and there are no guarantees. Inno does what Inno feels is right for Inno and the game.

The only loss is the one you created for yourself.

And at what moment was that, when you "saw" the Checkmate Square was not going to be offered.? In fact, you have NO idea, until the last day, as we all know it is not over until it is over. So, that is just arrogant of you to state something that is blatantly false and wrong. Most new players don't know how it works and with new items being daily items, there is always a chance until the event is over. But it looks like some know way ahead of schedule what's coming when. Can you please tell me what the next events items will be and wont be and what days are which days for the daily prizes.?

Graviton

The game hurt the people who need the help the most.

Show us on this doll where the game hurt you...

Call us all trolls if that makes you feel better, but the unassailable, objective fact is that a beta server is a beta server, and can't and shouldn't be used to base decisions on for your live city. All the players who've taken to doing that should view this not as some kind of betrayal, 'cause that's silly, but as a lesson learned.

RazorbackPirate

my lesson learned is to give up a game with dishonest devs.
Please. When you delete your city/cities make sure you come here to tell us so we can check. Until then, another idle threat. Had Inno made an announcement that the CMS was going to run as a DS, then not run it, they would have been dishonest. They didn't, so there was nothing dishonest about what they did. That you now take it as a personal affront is laughable. Disappointment I get, the rest, sheer lunacy.
you are such a consistent bootlicker in all areas that would cause more work or apologies fromdevs, i really cant imagine and timeline where youre NOT a dev acting as a player. i post here a few times a year, every time i check this place youre being negative about everything. sad. i already anticipated your response and started my post with a warning to not bother
Ooh, a boot licker. I guess you tole me. Kek.

Seems you're the one being negative. Casting aspersions on Inno they don't deserve. I, on the other hand, am a realist. Had Inno actually done something wrong, I'd be in agreement. But they didn't, so I'm not.
i didnt spend my scrolls in protest. inno is who should learn a lesson for their shameful actions.
You shot your self in the foot in protest. What are you twelve? "I'm going to go pout in the corner and not join the party, because I didn't get a chocolate cake. That'll show them." What a putz. Seriously, grow up. Do you think Inno cares about your tantrum? Please. Such a drama queen.

RazorbackPirate

And at what moment was that, when you "saw" the Checkmate Square was not going to be offered.?
When the Gondola Dock Market showed up unexpectedly, the CMS ran as one of the prizes in the Mystery Chest as part of the May Madness sale, and the Mystery Chest was left for purchase for a full 24 hours, I strongly suspected it wouldn't run as a DS. When it didn't run the day after the 3rd go 'round of the Worlds Fair, or the day after that, Days 18 and 19, I was fairly certain it wasn't going to run, when the SoK showed up on day 20 of a 21 day event, I knew 100% for certain, we wouldn't see it.

You? When did you figure it out?
In fact, you have NO idea, until the last day, as we all know it is not over until it is over. So, that is just arrogant of you to state something that is blatantly false and wrong. Most new players don't know how it works and with new items being daily items, there is always a chance until the event is over. But it looks like some know way ahead of schedule what's coming when. Can you please tell me what the next events items will be and wont be and what days are which days for the daily prizes.?
No, I was pretty certain after the Gondola Market showed up unexpectedly and and saw it in the Mystery Chest, 100% sure when the SoK ran. Inno has never, ever, run a highly desirable prize on the last day of an event. At that point, there was at least 36 hours left in the event, plenty of time to have spent all your scrolls to get both the Airship and a bunch of SoKs to sell to the AD for the coins needed to win a few at auction in the AD.

And speaking of the AD, so far, I've won 3 Squares at auction, all below 30k coins. Why? I won't pay more than that. The last one, much to my surprise, I got for just 5201. Saw one up as I was going to bed, added 1 point to the current bid as a Hail Mary and much to my surprise, it was waiting for me to pick up in the morning. Sweet!

While I love your faux altruism, it's not the noobs complaining about not getting them. It's the end game players, like yourself. A bit hard to feign the role of newbie with 201+ million in your main, and you hardly need them in your 9 WW worlds. Good try though.

DeletedUser10789

Show us on this doll where the game hurt you...

Call us all trolls if that makes you feel better, but the unassailable, objective fact is that a beta server is a beta server, and can't and shouldn't be used to base decisions on for your live city. All the players who've taken to doing that should view this not as some kind of betrayal, 'cause that's silly, but as a lesson learned.

Really.?
I said above that the game did not hurt me with not giving out Checkmate Squares. In fact, the only thing I wanted was the Royal Marble Gateway, as I feel it is better for me, as I prefer the 2x3 to a 3x3. I can place the 2x3 in a much better alignment. But that's just me. Your doll comment is kind of creepy. Enough said on that.

Further, Beta is designed to work out the bugs and get feedback from it. If you are not aware, but do you really think that Beta is the first step.? Because I hate to burst your bubble, but the devs play and others play items and events way ahead. Because they have too. Beta is the last or polishing step before the full release. In some cases, items are changed according to feedback. Are you on Beta.? If you are, then go to the beta forums and see for yourself.

Now for what you fail to understand and realize is that some are NEW to the game and they could use everything they can get their hands on. I forgot this long ago, but it took someone in my guild who just started 2 months ago to tell me that. When you have a site, Beta, dedicated to testing and bug reports to work out the kinks it is well established that this is what to come. Of course, not with the bugs and issues. But once you start changing this around, you completely change the reason for Beta. Why would anyone want to play Beta if you are just testing items that you would otherwise not see on the live servers. There is a reason they give people diamonds to play Beta, you realize. To change items, remove or delete them, that's like a bait and switch. You would lose people who plan on getting these items for the future. Not sure if you play or have played any other online game but this is the only reason why they all have a beta and put out content there first so at to better tweak it and make sure it is right before it goes live. But if I have to sit here and tell you why they have a beta server, which FYI, I am on. Then it's a losing battle. Maybe you should be appointed as the person who tells us what content we should have and we shouldn't. Heck, you may make mod yet, if you kiss up enough.

EPIC FAIL. The game hurt the players who needed the help the most. New players who need everything that the game can give them to help progress. But what do I know. I will put all of my posts and record up against you, any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Maybe you can get some more to come out and praise what was a fail and we all know it. Sometimes it is hard to admit you are wrong, but then again, I had to say trolls for a reason.

RazorbackPirate

Further, Beta is designed to work out the bugs and get feedback from it. If you are not aware, but do you really think that Beta is the first step? Because I hate to burst your bubble, but the devs play and others play items and events way ahead. Because they have to. Beta is the last or polishing step before the full release. In some cases, items are changed according to feedback. Are you on Beta? If you are, then go to the beta forums and see for yourself.
Are you really so naive as to think that they're only testing the mechanics? They're testing everything. They look at what every player does, how they play, and what they do or don't place in their city. Every. Little. Thing.

They obviously saw something they didn't like that caused them to pull the CMS from the DS lineup and run it in the Mystery Chest instead. Beta purpose fulfilled.
Now for what you fail to understand and realize is that some are NEW to the game and they could use everything they can get their hands on. I forgot this long ago, but it took someone in my guild who just started 2 months ago to tell me that. When you have a site, Beta, dedicated to testing and bug reports to work out the kinks it is well established that this is what to come. Of course, not with the bugs and issues. But once you start changing this around, you completely change the reason for Beta. Why would anyone want to play Beta if you are just testing items that you would otherwise not see on the live servers. There is a reason they give people diamonds to play Beta, you realize. To change items, remove or delete them, that's like a bait and switch. You would lose people who plan on getting these items for the future. Not sure if you play or have played any other online game but this is the only reason why they all have a beta and put out content there first so at to better tweak it and make sure it is right before it goes live. But if I have to sit here and tell you why they have a beta server, which FYI, I am on. Then it's a losing battle. Maybe you should be appointed as the person who tells us what content we should have and we shouldn't. Heck, you may make mod yet, if you kiss up enough.

EPIC FAIL. The game hurt the players who needed the help the most. New players who need everything that the game can give them to help progress. But what do I know. I will put all of my posts and record up against you, any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Maybe you can get some more to come out and praise what was a fail and we all know it. Sometimes it is hard to admit you are wrong, but then again, I had to say trolls for a reason.
Reading between the lines here, you advised the new player referenced above to hold out for the CMS. By them following your advice, they skipped on the 2 times the Carousel ran, which for a beginning city would have been a very nice add. Now you've got egg on your face from coaching your newbie guild mate to wait for a DS that never came. Did I get that about right? Too bad for them. I agree, that sucks. Still not Inno's fault.

Graviton

Really.?
I said above that the game did not hurt me with not giving out Checkmate Squares.

Right. You said it hurt other players. Which sounds very magnanimous, and yet you're vehemently slamming anybody who disagrees with you, which sure makes it sound as if you're taking it personally. Case in point:

Heck, you may make mod yet, if you kiss up enough.

Awwww, my argument was so good you felt compelled to try a personal attack. Perhaps if you weren't a stranger on the internet putting forth a hyperbolic argument, it would've worked and I would be devastated right now. As it is, that hurt me just as much as players were hurt by not getting a CS, which is to say, not at all.

Further, Beta is designed to work out the bugs and get feedback from it.

Exactly. It is a sandbox. It is not necessarily predictive of what goes live. And yet your main argument in support of your position is exactly the opposite of that: that the live game should look exactly like beta. Make up your mind.

DeletedUser10789

When the Gondola Dock Market showed up unexpectedly, the CMS ran as one of the prizes in the Mystery Chest as part of the May Madness sale, and the Mystery Chest was left for purchase for a full 24 hours, I strongly suspected it wouldn't run as a DS. When it didn't run the day after the 3rd go 'round of the Worlds Fair, or the day after that, Days 18 and 19, I was fairly certain it wasn't going to run, when the SoK showed up on day 20 of a 21 day event, I knew 100% for certain, we wouldn't see it.

You? When did you figure it out?

No, I was pretty certain after the Gondola Market showed up unexpectedly and and saw it in the Mystery Chest, 100% sure when the SoK ran. Inno has never, ever, run a highly desirable prize on the last day of an event. At that point, there was at least 36 hours left in the event, plenty of time to have spent all your scrolls to get both the Airship and a bunch of SoKs to sell to the AD for the coins needed to win a few at auction in the AD.

And speaking of the AD, so far, I've won 3 Squares at auction, all below 30k coins. Why? I won't pay more than that. The last one, much to my surprise, I got for just 5201. Saw one up as I was going to bed, added 1 point to the current bid as a Hail Mary and much to my surprise, it was waiting for me to pick up in the morning. Sweet!

While I love your faux altruism, it's not the noobs complaining about not getting them. It's the end game players, like yourself. A bit hard to feign the role of newbie with 201+ million in your main, and you hardly need them in your 9 WW worlds. Good try though.

Yes, you did notice my stats. Thank you. I have been playing this game for a long time. Happy to admit it. If you did read what I wrote further. You would see, I was NOT waiting on it. In fact, I play the beta server, so I wanted other items. I even told that to many many people. I could care less about them as the Winner's Plaza will be replacing them and the Rotunda's as well. But here I gave it away. I will be going for level 2's. Which means I will shut out. lol. So goes the game. You can't help but laugh as the game keeps making me shake my head and wonder why I bother and play anymore.

It was pointed out to me, actually, by a fellow guild mate who told me. I then went and matched up everything and said to this person, there are 6 days left and if it is not in the next 2-3 days, I would say it is not coming. And I have a bunch of winner's plaza in my inventory too.

Now to a statement you made and I didn't want to bring it up, as it seems by your notes or comments on the bottom, we tend to think a lot alike. 17th letter in the alphabet if you catch what I am throwing at you.

You said this...."The only loss is the one you created for yourself. "
That is horrible statement which is not even remotely true. In fact, you are saying that if someone loses someone close to them (parent, family member, friend) this is someone that person created.? Care to revise that statement.? As we all know that is not true at all.

DeletedUser10789

Are you really so naive as to think that they're only testing the mechanics? They're testing everything. They look at what every player does, how they play, and what they do or don't place in their city. Every. Little. Thing.

They obviously saw something they didn't like that caused them to pull the CMS from the DS lineup and run it in the Mystery Chest instead. Beta purpose fulfilled.

Reading between the lines here, you advised the new player referenced above to hold out for the CMS. By them following your advice, they skipped on the 2 times the Carousel ran, which for a beginning city would have been a very nice add. Now you've got egg on your face from coaching your newbie guild mate to wait for a DS that never came. Did I get that about right? Too bad for them. I agree, that sucks. Still not Inno's fault.

Round 3 I guess.....Wow, you really fail to see what happened and why. It was placed in a Chest for what reason.? Ask yourself that and you know why it happened.

I did NOT advise any player of anything on that event, as I think that event is horrible and I didn't even want to play it on beta. I have been playing the Soccer Event Money Grab event, though. Here, I just answered for you why what happen happened. Nice try though, sorry it had nothing to do with me at all. Wow, people either can't read or understand when I said it didn't do anything for me, but screw me out of the Golden Clay Tablet.

DeletedUser16739

So obvious.. so obvious in fact that they even made an announcement about it. Oh wait...

How hard would it have been? A simple statement about whatever issue arose would have avoided much of this.

DeletedUser10789

Right. You said it hurt other players. Which sounds very magnanimous, and yet you're vehemently slamming anybody who disagrees with you, which sure makes it sound as if you're taking it personally. Case in point:

Awwww, my argument was so good you felt compelled to try a personal attack. Perhaps if you weren't a stranger on the internet putting forth a hyperbolic argument, it would've worked and I would be devastated right now. As it is, that hurt me just as much as players were hurt by not getting a CS, which is to say, not at all.

Exactly. It is a sandbox. It is not necessarily predictive of what goes live. And yet your main argument in support of your position is exactly the opposite of that: that the live game should look exactly like beta. Make up your mind.

Wow.....Really.? Again, not sure why you all can't read or understand when I said it did not hurt me at all. But I did say, I will post again to bring out the trolls. Unreal, I must say.

Maybe you should look at all of the previous event from Beta and compare them to the Live Servers, they are almost all the same. Except the way the dailys play out. If I do remember correctly, there was a feedback on one of the events and they ended up changing the final prize. But I am sure I will get someone with a random, this happened or that happened. Beta is the last step before they bring it out live. They pretty much match up, 99% of the time.

DeletedUser10789

So obvious.. so obvious in fact that they even made an announcement about it. Oh wait...

How hard would it have been? A simple statement about whatever issue arose would have avoided much of this.

YES YES YES...!!! Better to money grab you with a Mystery Chest to cause you to spend diamonds, instead of keeping one of the better prizes towards the end, where a majority of people were waiting with scrolls ready to burn. BINGO......Now you know why.

RazorbackPirate

You said this...."The only loss is the one you created for yourself. "
That is horrible statement which is not even remotely true. In fact, you are saying that if someone loses someone close to them (parent, family member, friend) this is someone that person created.? Care to revise that statement.? As we all know that is not true at all.
Not even remotely close. That analogy doesn't work. If you read the post I was responding to, the poster said they didn't even get the Airship because they refused to spend their scrolls in protest. That is 100% a loss they created for themselves. They chose not to spend the scrolls, they lost out on the Airship as a result.

For everyone else, they lost nothing. There is nothing gone from their city that was there before. They didn't get something they'd hoped for. Simple as that. A better analogy would be me foolishly getting pissed at my parents because I never got a little brother, or a pony.

Last edited:

Vger

EPIC FAIL. The game hurt the players who needed the help the most. New players who need everything that the game can give them to help progress.
My main is in CA, and it will be 1 yr. old tomorrow. So basically still fairly new. I don't have a single CS. Been outbid every time I try for one in AD. My Atk/Def is 203/156. So, yeah, a few CS's would have been sweet. Hedged my bet a little bit getting a couple Carousal and SOK's, but kept most of my currency waiting for the CS.
Am I disappointed? Yup, I'll admit it, I am.
Was I hurt by it? No, not really. I've been doing fine with no CS's. I'll continue to do so.
Am I mad about it? LOL...no. This event helped me grow my city. Every event does.
Do I feel like I've been cheated in some sort of bait and switch con? ROFLOL. Seriously? Get over it!

RazorbackPirate

Round 3 I guess.....Wow, you really fail to see what happened and why. It was placed in a Chest for what reason.? Ask yourself that and you know why it happened.
I have no idea why they made the change, I don't care why they made the change. I only know they did. For whatever reason they felt it was best for them. Nothing else matters. They ran it on Beta, didn't like what they saw and made a change.
I did NOT advise any player of anything on that event, as I think that event is horrible and I didn't even want to play it on beta. I have been playing the Soccer Event Money Grab event, though. Here, I just answered for you why what happen happened. Nice try though, sorry it had nothing to do with me at all. Wow, people either can't read or understand when I said it didn't do anything for me, but screw me out of the Golden Clay Tablet.
Okay, then why the angst? The noob has to wait one more event to boost their Attack. In the meantime, they can level their GBs. They're two months into the game. This is hardly a game breaker.

I didn't get the Golden Tablet either. didn't get all the books at Halloween either. Oh well. Is what it is. Better luck next time.

DeletedUser10789

My main is in CA, and it will be 1 yr. old tomorrow. So basically still fairly new. I don't have a single CS. Been outbid every time I try for one in AD. My Atk/Def is 203/156. So, yeah, a few CS's would have been sweet. Hedged my bet a little bit getting a couple Carousal and SOK's, but kept most of my currency waiting for the CS.
Am I disappointed? Yup, I'll admit it, I am.
Was I hurt by it? No, not really. I've been doing fine with no CS's. I'll continue to do so.
Am I mad about it? LOL...no. This event helped me grow my city. Every event does.
Do I feel like I've been cheated in some sort of bait and switch con? ROFLOL. Seriously? Get over it!

Let me be clear, YET AGAIN.....I did not care about the Checkmate. I was NOT saving for it and don't care about it.
Do I feel like the game hurt some, YES, but read my post above and you will see why they did it. Simple. MONEY MONEY MONEY.
I have nothing to get over and just feel badly for the people who needed it most. Like you and others. For people who just started that's who it hurt. For me, I could care less about it. I was going for a different prize. The game mislead many who follow Beta and play on Beta. Is it live threatening, NO. It just hurts those who can't get them and I will be fine either way.

DeletedUser10789

I have no idea why they made the change, I don't care why they made the change. I only know they did. For whatever reason they felt it was best for them. Nothing else matters. They ran it on Beta, didn't like what they saw and made a change.

Okay, then why the angst? The noob has to wait one more event to boost their Attack. In the meantime, they can level their GBs. They're two months into the game. This is hardly a game breaker.

I didn't get the Golden Tablet either. didn't get all the books at Halloween either. Oh well. Is what it is. Better luck next time.

You and I are more alike then we both thought. I didn't get it and I completed 35 or 36 others. But so be it. Been here before and we all know life is not fair anyway. Remember this.....There are no coincidences. Nothing on this game is random. It can't be. That's like saying online poker is random too. RIGHT.

Vger

Do I feel like the game hurt some, YES, but read my post above and you will see why they did it. Simple. MONEY MONEY MONEY.
You do realize that INNO is a business, right? And if they lose money at this, they will just pull the plug, right?
I'm an F2P player. I like it when INNO does things for MONEY MONEY MONEY and it works. Means I don't have to spend any of mine ;)

I have nothing to get over and just feel badly for the people who needed it most. Like you and others
Please don't feel badly for me. I'm doing just fine. I gambled a bit despite the warning signs that RP pointed out above. I lost. Oh Well. I would hate to go to a casino with you, wow, you would probably be in tears watching so many people lose so much.

Kesto11

We get it, you ha
When has Inno ever made an announcement about the DSs? Oh, that's right, NEVER.

They have confirmed in some past event videos that certain DS will not appear. That is not an in-game announcement of course, but they have answered these questions before.

On the other hand, maybe that is something that should be changed. There are arguments on both sides of it of course, though I don’t care to spend my time going back-and-forth, so I’ll just leave it at that.