• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

qaccy

The World's Fair, like most event buildings that're a year or more old, has fallen down the totem pole in favor of newer buildings. Though I suppose it's probably the best thing to aim for while blasting through the minigame. The Olympic Treasury and Abandoned Asylum both definitely blow it out of the water for me (and the Asylum even takes one less upgrade to max out).

Personally I'll be looking to get Sentinel Outposts instead. I need 31 of them to match the amount of upgrades I have!

DeletedUser42532

The daily quests are stackable so even if you don’t complete the 39 rush quests in 4 days, all of the daily quests will still be there for you to complete. The stacked daily quests will be presented as additional rush quests until you catch up to the daily quests.
Ok but 22 - 8 hour productions seems kind of excessive, FOE is a slow moving game as it is. Developers should be thinking of giving the game let alone the events more action / faster moving.

ExtraMile

Ok but 22 - 8 hour productions seems kind of excessive, FOE is a slow moving game as it is. Developers should be thinking of giving the game let alone the events more action / faster moving.
As long as the quest doesn’t require productions from your current age, you can use blacksmiths to complete quests like this in any age. Blacksmiths are super small so you can fit many of them in a small space and have lots 8 hour productions going at one time. This will save you a lot of time and space especially if you don’t have many (if any) current age production buildings.

If your space is filled with buildings you can’t delete and rebuild later (and you don’t already have blacksmiths built), you can use Terrace Farms, Sunken Treasures, or any special production building to complete quests faster. This will help complete the quest but come at the expense of not using them to produce FP (or whatever resource you are using them to produce) for a time. These buildings will most likely already be in your city. They are likely to be in your current age as well depending on when you got them or renovated them, so they can help you complete quests that require current age productions.

Cured Meat

Also, these type of quests is where you should use your Supply Rush tokens, just make sure you use it when you have enough "non-special" buildings planted, like someone said Blacksmiths, are great, they are 2x2 and work perfectly. The last event had Supply Rush tokens as a reward, I think most events do, not sure though, but this is the time to use them if you have them, especially the 6 hour mass supply rush. Or like someone else said, just wait the 8 hours , so far the first 3 dailies have been meh. so you should be good until the Carousel or Checkmate Square come along.

Algona

Also, these type of quests is where you should use your Supply Rush tokens, just make sure you use it when you have enough "non-special" buildings planted, like someone said Blacksmiths, are great, they are 2x2 and work perfectly. The last event had Supply Rush tokens as a reward, I think most events do, not sure though, but this is the time to use them if you have them, especially the 6 hour mass supply rush. Or like someone else said, just wait the 8 hours , so far the first 3 dailies have been meh. so you should be good until the Carousel or Checkmate Square come along.

Good post. Dunno about anyone else, but I buy Supply Rushes in the AD and have been happy ro win them in Previous Events for just that reason.

If you're the type to read spoilers, just set the blacksmiths pumping out the next timed productions the moment you finish the current timed productions.

If not 8 -16 hours to complete a Quest deep into the Rush Questline is not a serious hardship in a 20+ day Event.

Anybody remember whatever Event years back where INNO inserted Quests mid Event to slow players down? Or maybe I'm hallucinating again?

Freshmeboy

I think INNO did this last time as well...putting in an eight hour monster task in the middle. Not sure if its to slow us down or get supply rush items out of our inventory to make them more valuable. Doesn't matter..the prize is a freaking whopper and a break or two won't discourage me...

Agent327

Good post. Dunno about anyone else, but I buy Supply Rushes in the AD and have been happy ro win them in Previous Events for just that reason.

I do the same. Next to that I buy fan shop's. With 2x3 only slightly bigger than the blacksmith and also usefull in producing goods from my age.

Anybody remember whatever Event years back where INNO inserted Quests mid Event to slow players down? Or maybe I'm hallucinating again?

They slowed people down with the Daily Questlines. Before that you could rush through all quests in day 1 and would have nothing to do for the rest of the event.

Konichi

Which won't happen, certainly not in the middle of the event.

Not sure why you are unable to complete it, I can understand not having enough power behind your army to 'Defeat this Large Army,' but there's no reason why you can't finish level 1 GE. Fight what you can, then negotiate the rest. Completing level 1 GE is something you should be working to do anyway, no time like the present.
Which won't happen, certainly not in the middle of the event.

Not sure why you are unable to complete it, I can understand not having enough power behind your army to 'Defeat this Large Army,' but there's no reason why you can't finish level 1 GE. Fight what you can, then negotiate the rest. Completing level 1 GE is something you should be working to do anyway, no time like the present.
can't do GE in bronze era...that's 1 reason.