• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

qaccy

Globe Fountain looks pretty nice to me. The 'problem' with it isn't the building at all. The 'problem' is that city defense as a concept needs to be reworked so that buildings that provide defensive bonuses are actually impactful. Switch the AI to the one used on the continent map, making Rogues far less prevalent, and city defense will become a lot more meaningful.

As someone who's a fan of defensive buildings, I'm more interested in the Globe than I am in the Carousel, but I can still acknowledge that unless this area of the game is reworked, the Globe doesn't really serve much purpose.

AceUniverse

What's the more efficient way to explore the tiles? Is it best to try and expose as many tiles before moving to the right, or simply just progress onwards without worrying about all tiles? Or maybe no difference at all between the 2 realistically?

Lannister the Rich

What's the more efficient way to explore the tiles? Is it best to try and expose as many tiles before moving to the right, or simply just progress onwards without worrying about all tiles? Or maybe no difference at all between the 2 realistically?
Don't sweat yourself to explore every tile. If you can't see something poking out of the sand, odds are there isn't anything there. Work that to your advantage. For example, clearing every other 2 columns allows you to see the sand tiles on both sides, and you only used 1 tool to do it. If it doesn't look like anything is in those columns, move on.

Dominator - X

Ok, it runs from May 5th to May 25, inclusive so that's 21 days. There are 39 quests to get through before we reach the dailies? Then 21 dailies? That gives you 4 days to get through the first 39? Am I missing something here?

Look at it this way: Say I want to give you $60 over a period of 21 days. However, there are some requirements on your part in order to benefit from the full amount. You have to spend it all as quickly as you can within the parameters of my releasing it to you.
I will deposit $40 into your bank account the first day. You can spend all of the $40 on the first day, if you are able. However, you are not required to spend it all on the first day. The balance will remain in your account for up to 21 days. Spend as much as you can and as fast as you can. The remaining $20 that I want to give you, will be deposited into your account in $1 increments per day. After the first day, I will deposit $1 into your bank account, to add to your balance, if any. Spend as much of your balance as you can. On the 3rd day, I will deposit another $1 into your bank account, to add to your balance, if any. Spend as much of your balance as you can.
So, after depositing $40 on the first day, I will deposit $1 a day for the next 20 days for a total of $60. Your goal is to spend it as quickly as you can as soon as it is released. After the 21 days are up, your bank account will be closed. Any remaining money not spent will be forfeited.

Dominator - X

Can we get some blonde avatars, please? I really like Alexander from Winter Event 2018, but he was the last blonde avatar you guys have released.
I hate to split hairs here (Buh-Dum-Chi), but he (Alexander) would be a "blond", would he not? Unless Alexander is actually Alexandria where as she would be a "blonde", would she not? ;~}

Lando6

Freddy, what do you Like to do?
I don't know, burn stuff? (or in this case, blow stuff up).
-School of Rock (Lando6 paraphrase).

DeletedUser27718

Video preview of the event states that the Airship provides population, however, the display shows happiness and no population.
I enjoyed last year's event although I found the WorldsFair building rewards not worthy of the space it takes so it sits in my inventory in case someday space becomes less tight. The rewards the Airship provides at level 11(!!!) are puny, only 20 goods (a 6 block Sleigh Builder rewards 15), 9(?) Forge Points is ok (meh), gold, supplies, and happiness are meaningless when your coffers are full of them already, so even though I'm sure I'll earn one it will probably not be in my city.1588466764053.png

RazorbackPirate

Video preview of the event states that the Airship provides population, however, the display shows happiness and no population.
I enjoyed last year's event although I found the WorldsFair building rewards not worthy of the space it takes so it sits in my inventory in case someday space becomes less tight. The rewards the Airship provides at level 11(!!!) are puny, only 20 goods (a 6 block Sleigh Builder rewards 15), 9(?) Forge Points is ok (meh), gold, supplies, and happiness are meaningless when your coffers are full of them already, so even though I'm sure I'll earn one it will probably not be in my city.
The pop up window never shows the population of an event building. The fully upgraded Word's Fair is one of the highest FP producers in the game. Not only is mine out, I plan to get a second one. But you do you.