• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

CDmark

But it should be noted that for a lvl2 winners plaza you would need to win two daily specials = 2 selection kits (if you do not have a winners plaza in your city already), whereas checkmate you only need one.
correct and altar garden will require 5. they still keep those gardens on a tight leash. I just found the info, wanted to share, but it made me more confident Checkmate will appear in this event.

Agent327

I am loving this Event , so far I have :

1. Completed 45 Main Event quests
  2. Completed 6 different tablets
  3. Level 7 Airship
  4. Level 6 Fair
  5. Tonnes of AD cannon foder
  6. At least 30 units
  7. A rogue hidout
  8. 3 traz BPs
  9. 2 achievements
  10. Over 300 goods
  11. Tonnes of Coins
  12. Tonnes of Supplies
  13. about 3000 medals
Three things I do not like about the Event :
  1. The Fair is so easy to get , the first time it was offered as Daily Special I got it too level 2 and then today I got it up four more levels
  2. I have ended up with 2000 spare population
  3. The Globe Fountain has such low boosts for its size

And if there is no WW , I will add a fourth.

Wow totally amazing. That is feedback they can do something with.

Go away!

Algona

Taking a break to rest my back, been brushing,, shoveling, and blowing stuff up for about 8 hours.

Damn fun (kaboom!) but it can take time to burn through two cities worth of Scrolls.

Did NewAL when World;s Fair first came up, got all Tablets but Gold and 7 pieces of WF. Since then been grinfing Tablets in that world and hoping WF would come up again. Picked up 2 more chunks this morning and hoping to scrounge enough Tools to get 1 more WF chunk.. Airship is in the bag. No Gold Tablet though.

OrignAL is done for the day. Got the 10 chinks for WF, got a complete set of Tablets +(1 extra Gold) and grinding through those now. Airship seems well in hand after I get done grinding Tablets. Waiting on 11 4 hour productions to fulfill 4 different Tablet Quests. And forgot - AGAIN! - that Supply rush onltyworks on mubdane production.

ExperimentAL is a little over half through Tools, not much luck on WF chunks may not get there. 2 Gold Tablets there as well, but needing 1 Silver. Maybe I can get on a hot streak to finish the day?

Third Event using this minigame and it's still far and away my my favorite.

qaccy

1590105929409.png

That's how many tablets I managed to collect before I completed the set. Gold was the final one for me to get, and that silver that I also only have one of was obtained many, many tablets before it. Spent something around 30,000 diamonds buying scrolls to keep digging until I found them all!

Algona

No diamonds spent.

I got 3 Gold in Rugnir, but missing Silver Tablet 3 A full set in MK, No Gold in Walstrand.

Got on a heater and picked up lvl 10 Worlds Fair all three cities. W and R the last chink came on no Scrolls. Airship in all three. Good enough.

Of the last 22 hours 6 were spent chasing Tablets to get enough Scrolls to finish, 12 were spent blowing up stuff.

Good Event!

planetofthehumans2

I completed the event a long time ago without any diamonds, so I've been bored waiting for it to go away. Wished there were packs of just paintbrushes you could get with the scrolls or at least a menu to say how many I want to buy. Always worked through the paint brushes faster than the rest.

The daily prizes were terrible and near impossible odds to get. No, 10% isn't very good odds. I wish there was a daily prize selection kit with two/more different items so I didn't have to wait until freaking 4am for the prize to change to see if I was going to be playing today or not. Selection kit at least doubles the odds of something useful. The timing on that was awful, why not at midnight local time like every other event? Yes...so that I could look ahead on the spoilers and know in advance if I was going to be playing today or not.

ffblackice

Any forecast for the next 3 day's daily special? I need to decide whether dig in today or not, anything will be only sold to AD. Thanks.

CDmark

Left to run from the Beta list are.

Shrine of Knowledge
Victory Tower Upgrade Kit
Renovation Kit
Checkmate Square

I suspect it will be the first three. I will also say that if the Checkmate square doesn't show up tomorrow, we can be pretty confident it won't be run.
Well VT Upgrade, not good for checkmate.

SoK and Reno. I would think they have to give a Reno. Since Spring 2018, a Reno kit has been in every event that had daily specials.
2nd SoK versus Checkmate - I tend to agree with Razor. No Checkmate (hope I am wrong)
Here is even worse news, last year Arch event, last 2 days, SoK and Reno (in that order, Reno last day).
The information I provide is accurate. I am only guessing the final daily specials. Personally, I would prefer checkmate square but I am a player like the rest, just waiting to see.

OK other data, WF selection Kits
My lab rat - used 2400 scrolls, got 10 selection kits
My EMA player - used 4000 scrolls got 3 selection kits
I play the event the same way so, sometimes bad luck is on your side.

DeletedUser31499

I’ve been holding out for the checkmate square. If it doesn’t show up I’d like to see it replaced with the sentinel outpost or sentinel outpost upgrades. Reno kit would be a go for me too as I just moved up and I’m short Reno kits. Please don’t replace it with the giant medal package.

As the saying goes, in for a nickel, in for a dime. I’m holding out till the last day.

CDmark

I’ve been holding out for the checkmate square. If it doesn’t show up I’d like to see it replaced with the sentinel outpost or sentinel outpost upgrades. Reno kit would be a go for me too as I just moved up and I’m short Reno kits. Please don’t replace it with the giant medal package.

As the saying goes, in for a nickel, in for a dime. I’m holding out till the last day.
Sentinels will be in the next event. I don't see Medals sneaking in at all. I think SoK, Reno and Checkmate are the only options left.

Agent327

I don't recall them not running a highly sought after item on live that was in beta. I know of a ton of people that have been saving all of their scrolls for it. It will be very disappointing if they don't run the checkmate.

Hell no. It will be the biggest fun in a long time. It will equal the Crystal Villa disaster. Can't wait for the riot to happen.

DeletedUser31499

Hell no. It will be the biggest fun in a long time. It will equal the Crystal Villa disaster. Can't wait for the riot to happen.

This is a long game and it takes a lot of patience. I don't think you are giving the players enough credit in that account. I think that most realize that if the checkmate square doesn't happen in this event then there will be other events where it or an even better military building will be offered. Just a matter of waiting for the next event or the events after that.