• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2022 Feedback

Smiles7

I spent tons of diamonds trying to get the wheel, which was, in my opinion, the only interesting thing in the whole even this time and only got 4 prints all in all... it's a shame really and kind of a cheat.
Spending diamonds is not an issue... it's made for that too, but when it goes absolutely nowhere, it's robbery... it just put me off this event....
This event was one of the worse ever in my opinion.

Pericles the Lion

I completed all of the quests on 4 worlds. Used up all of the provided scrolls and spent diamonds on my main world to buy 3 big tool packs. Did not find a single gold tablet.

RazorbackPirate

Seems I got the luck others missed out on. In my two cities, I was able to get the full main prize with a couple of extra fields, even before the surprise box. In my diamond farm city, I went for WW shrink kits on two separate days and ended up with 12 new kits. In my main city, I went for the Wheel on the last day it came up and got a total of 11 kits, enough for another full Wheel.

As I always do, I ignored the calendar, never attempting to find a daily gem. I did select the gem shards for the Daily Challenge, then used the shards at the end to grab the most valuable prizes, with help from the "Wiki that shall not be named". More fodder for the AD. I would have ended up with more for the AD selecting the non shard prize in the DC, but the shards are different and allow me to interact with the calendar a bit, so why not?

Surprisingly, in both cities I was able to complete all of the tablets. The first time for this event, the first time in two cities. Prior to this event, I have only ever completed the tablets/books once. In my main world, I got them all the day I went for the Wheel, close to the end of the event. In my WW world, I stumbled across the gold tablet on the last day while using up the last of my tools, with enough time remaining to complete all the tasks. In my main, I stumbled across a second gold tablet on the last day with enough of the other tablets needed to complete the tablet set a second time.

In both cities, I had a handful of tablets leftover, getting them all towards the end of the event, at some point, I was done.

Overall a good event for me. Typical event, typical results.

Kranyar the Mysterious

For me I never saw Silver Tablet 2 in any of my cities. This is the first time that I've never completed the tablets in any city, I usually complete them in most if not all. Somehow collected over 15 of several common ones somehow, even though I stopped trying for the common ones after I got 3 of each. Ratio seemed off this year, but maybe just luck.

Calendar was great though. Got a few daily specials, but not a ton of them, but since I never saw a SO upgrade on any city when refreshing, and only got one across all my cities on the day it was out (and that and Ferris Wheel were the only DS I really cared about), going for the Calendar throughout the event was a no-brainer for me.

Decided not to spend any diamonds this year on any of my cities trying for extra main prize pieces, and this is the first year that I didn't. Take that as you will.

Ebeondi Asi

I stopped bothering early in the game. So I didn't get much of anything. No problem. This Event and the Halloween evnt tie for wost to get Daily specials. Lucky for me I am not worried. The big plus for me was I saved a pile of cash. Who I feel for are new players who can't get anything good and are frustrated by the weak Event. prizes Sorry guys.

RaymondCityCR

Calendar was super relaxed. In the end I got some more scrolls from more gems. That was way better than I thought. I couldn't complete all the tablets as I was missing the golden tablet. However I did manage to get many silver tablets.

I also got 2 wheel selection kits and 3 outposts, which were really nice. I got around 10 daily specials in total. Furthermore, I got 9 gardens and the fully upgrade house, which I will be putting in my city after I age up.

This was a great event, and although the daily specials are pretty hard to get, the main prizes are great. Looking forward to the next event!

Johnny B. Goode

Completed the entire calendar in 8 worlds without Diamonds. Got the entire set +one piece. Didn't even try on the tablets, I never do. Just too much luck involved in those, and the prizes aren't worth it. Especially the prize for completing each tablet. More tools? Why? Getting the entire set and finishing the calendar without them was easy peasy. Even with taking a few days off when I was sick. I even ended up with extra gem shards in every city but one. (The one I didn't finish the calendar without Diamonds, but that's another story.)

Flynn013

The calendar was very easy to complete and gave a good reward. I too never found the golden tablet but the reward for completing them all was just a few more tools so no loss there. The percentage for the daily prizes was a little low but I did get a few useful things.
Overall this event seemed on par with previous events for enjoyability and rewards.