• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2022 Feedback

I play in Beta in addition to live worlds. I am not impressed with the butterfly garden, and am not playing for anything other than getting stuff to sell in the antique dealer.

Local Lunatic

I read with interest all the comments. Here's mine.

I'm am so in awe of the probability coding for what tablets I get. Seriously - this entire event needs players to get 8 unique tablets. I have played this in earnest since it started, and will achieve the event super-prize without incident.

Yet, I am ONLY able to find Tablets 1 - 4, continuously. No 5, No 6, No 7, No 8. Period. Today, you permitted me to find 1 tablet 7. Whippee!!

This is seriously unconscionable. For the distribution algorithm to chronically give me ONLY tablets 1/2/3/4 for weeks is really bizarre. If you're using the same code as GB blueprint distributions, you should consider softening the harsh treatment that imposes on players.

Until today, with less than 1 week left in the event, 50% achievement on getting all the tablets isn't my idea of fun.
This is exactly what has happened for me. My goal is to get as many butterfly fields as i can. I have gotten every daily gem and hoped to pick up every tablet along the way. I've completed tabets 1,2,3,4 in the first 3 days and have seen NONE of the remaining four since. I understand, they're supposed to be rare, but this is just literally like the cubs winning the world series rare

spartacus2.0

This is exactly what has happened for me. My goal is to get as many butterfly fields as i can. I have gotten every daily gem and hoped to pick up every tablet along the way. I've completed tabets 1,2,3,4 in the first 3 days and have seen NONE of the remaining four since. I understand, they're supposed to be rare, but this is just literally like the cubs winning the world series rare
I completed every single tablet :/
Perhaps you didn't dig far enough

The Lady Redneck

Well I got what I wanted from this Event. I needed 3 U/Gs to complete a ferris wheel. Also got a couple of Sentinel Outposts. Completed the tablet museum thing once. Not putting any effort into doing it a 2nd time. So far am up to date on the reward calandar thing. Am going to have a load of stuff for the AD. So am happy. Was it an exciting experience. .... No. but then what Event is? They are what they are. At least this one is not as mind numbingly boring as St Paddy. So that is another plus. and I spent no diamonds.

Taran Tulah

My goal in this game is to get as many different Special buildings as possible. I am totally not a fan of getting several copies of a single building only for their bonuses. I want my town look as much realistic as possible. Therefore I like the Butterfly Sanctuary. It fits my town perfectly. It conforms of 9 pieces that give me 28FP all together on to of the other bonuses. It's not bad for 7x7 space it takes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20.jpg
    Screenshot_20.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Lord Pest

My goal was to complete both the calendar and tablet without using diamonds. The calendar is locked in and I completed the tablets today by getting the gold tablet which was the last one I needed. My strategy was to leave no block uncovered. I did Not let any tiles scroll off the board that I didn’t know what was on them. The funny thing is I still have plenty of digging tools left. Was never close to running out.

RaymondCityCR

Does connecting a building to itself count as one connection? For example, if I have a wildflower meadow next to another meadow, will I still get the 10% supplies boost?

Just An Observer

The Daily Special selection was outstanding but it was very hard to get many of those buildings. This event's main building would be nice for those looking to do a City Beautiful layout but as for playability by serious players with well developed cities, it has no use that I can see other than ginning up one's AD balance.

Now to see if the Soccer Cup event will deliver the larger quantity of Sentinel stuff I want.

The Tablet part of this is absolute garbage... the Golden Tablet is nearly impossible to access, even on the last day and completing many others multiple times, not missing a single item within the Event. Between my Dad and I, playing in two separate worlds, only one Golden Tablet found out of all four.

It really appears Inno doesn't want players to be successful in the game and these periodic Events, because until and unless you're willing to spend tons of diamonds and/or real money, they're impossible to obtain the ultimate prize for each Event.

The Archaeological Event is one of the most lame, expecting players to do absolutely everything put in front of them, over, and over, and over, and over, only to not be provided the opportunity to complete the Tablet collection. You guys really need to work on your percentages and probabilty calcs. This is one of the reasons my Dad stopped playing the formerly successful Mafia Wars, and he was a consultant to Marc Pinkus, Zynga's CEO, before they went public, years ago.

When the game developers make it nearly impossible for players to be successful without spending cash, perhaps it's time to find a new game. What's funny is my Dad can't even sign into the Forums because it won't allow his password, nor can he try making a new forum account because his name is already in use.

Overall, Inno gets a 2 out of 10 on attentiveness, and they really ought to get their act together unless they want to waste all their advertising dollars!

I feel exactly the same, that Inno wants to screw players intentionally, by not allowing them to be successful when they're diligent in the game, and only want your money to buy diamonds in the game. Otherwise, forget it, you're not going to get what they're dangling in front of you as a goal. The odds are better at winning the lottery than being successful at FoE Events, especially this stupid Tablet Collection garbage. Maybe time to find a new game where the developers actually value the players.

I completed every single tablet :/
Perhaps you didn't dig far enough
Both my father and I play in Rugnir and Jaims, so out of four world players, only one of us ever were provided the Golden Tablet, never missing a single buried item, completing many other Tablets 3-6x, and completing the Event Daily Quests. The odds are better at winning the lottery, because Inno wants players to fail instead of succeed, and they prove it in almost each and every Event they roll out. Been playing for years, and Inno only cares if you spend your money on their in-game diamonds.

Feedback

Devs have relaxed event algorithm !

First time I have ever done all tablets & calendar
( with my usual diamond stash ) since this format has been introduced.

Another first was being able to do daily quests for gem shards using alternative tasks.

End of Feedback
No, they have not relaxed anything...
Out of four "worlds" between my Dad and I in Rugnir and Jaims, only one was ever provided the Golden Tablet, to complete the Tablet Collection. So, no, Inno wants players to fail by rarely providing them what is necessary to be successful. I'd say you have better odds playing roulette.

My goal was to complete both the calendar and tablet without using diamonds. The calendar is locked in and I completed the tablets today by getting the gold tablet which was the last one I needed. My strategy was to leave no block uncovered. I did Not let any tiles scroll off the board that I didn’t know what was on them. The funny thing is I still have plenty of digging tools left. Was never close to running out.
Both my Dad and I play in Rugnir and Jaims, exhausting all tools, never missing a single buried item, completing the daily event quests, and only one time did the Golden tablet appear for one of us. Once. This are awful odds, and Inno wants players to leave the game instead of being successful after countless hours of diligent game play. Shame on you, Inno. Play roulette, there's better odds.

Last edited:

spartacus2.0

Both my Dad and I play in Rugnir and Jaims, exhausting all tools, never missing a single buried item, completing the daily event quests, and only one time did the Golden tablet appear for one of us. Once. This are awful odds, and Inno wants players to leave the game instead of being successful after countless hours of diligent game play. Shame on you, Inno. Play roulette, there's better odds.
Please explain to me how I managed to get 3 golden tablets.

spartacus2.0

I feel exactly the same, that Inno wants to screw players intentionally, by not allowing them to be successful when they're diligent in the game, and only want your money to buy diamonds in the game. Otherwise, forget it, you're not going to get what they're dangling in front of you as a goal. The odds are better at winning the lottery than being successful at FoE Events, especially this stupid Tablet Collection garbage. Maybe time to find a new game where the developers actually value the players.
Don't blame Inno when your luck is bad...:rolleyes:

spartacus2.0

Maybe I stole your luck :p

P C C

I don't know if it's just me, but I had relatively few incidents giving event currency, and none of them gave more than 20 scrolls. I got a set of tablets early on, and filled the calendar by being deliberate about it for the first time.

I think I'll build the set, as it's attractive and I've got at least one main building or set from every event I've played from the start. But the need to use one store building on each piece to sell in the AD, or separate one up kits when that's useful make it a harder choice than for a single building

Zatrikon

I had a similar experience to others regarding the tablets. I got the complete event building and completed the calendar, but I got at least 5 each of the Common clay tablets and 1 of Silver Tablet 1, in both my worlds.

In one world, I found 4 of Silver Tablet 3, and none of Silver 2, or Gold.
And in the other world, I found none of Silver 2 or Silver 3, and I found one Gold on the very last day.

This is similar to my experience with this event in previous years. It's not a matter of bad luck. My luck has been consistent across both worlds, and across all the years of this event.

The calendar was easy to complete this year, probably because I wasn't bothered with daily prizes since the chance of winning them seems to get lower each year. I played each day until I found the gems for the next day then stopped. I did not find all the tablets as usual. Gold never showed up, surprisingly the only one as usually I miss at least two. Got enough kits to build the complete upgraded building and one of each piece plus an extra if I wanted, but I don't currently have anywhere to put the pieces I would use. I still like the event style better than certain others but don't expect to win anything good.