• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event 2021 Feedback

You didn't see my post just a few above yours then, I got it in 7 of 7 worlds w/no diamonds. Not impossible at all, but not a guarantee.
I've played for years, Archeology since it was introduced, successfully everytime with league results. As a long term player, in 6 worlds this time, playing diligently, I am one upgrade short in each world.

Something is very wrong.

It is intentionally designed to be impossible to get the maxed Ferris Wheel without using diamonds. I guess Inno wanted to get rid of more non-diamond-buying players. Looks like they're doing everything they can to get rid of players anyway, so not a surprise.
I've played for years, since before tavern and most of the current events were introduced including the first Archeology. I've almost always completed the grand prize upgrades.

Yet in all 6 worlds, playing diligently, but without diamonds, using all the tips gained from so many years of play, I am one upgrade short of complete. Every other Archeology event from the past years, I've completed.

Something is different and wrong if it was consistent on 6 worlds of play. I completed every extra quest that presented itself.

Biggest change, was lack of a final league reward of one upgrade.

Yes, it cost some Diamonds but today I got the 200% deal that paid off over 80K of them for $199.99, which sets me up nicely for the Next Great Event building I would love to get!

My point exactly, fine for Inno to make money to support a great game, but previously they left a more viable success route for non diamond buyers. Bring back the extra upgrade for top finishers.

Joeyjojojo

Good event, very nice building, wish I could've gotten the full tablet set in a couple of my worlds, but that has been the way of that mechanic.

This calendar was much better than the one in the winter event, which I completely ignored. Part of this was because the daily prize could be swapped (which I thought was great) so it made it more likely that any day could have at least an ok prize, but the other part is the mechanic of this event. You could preload the next day by exploring ahead and leaving the 2nd gem to collect the following day which meant not as much wasted collection. As that could also be done with the urns (or ignore them completely) on days the daily and the swapped in alt were bad, that meant a lot more flexibility and therefore made completing the calendar quite feasible. (also, iirc the winter one required 10 lockpics for a missed day, which was ridiculous)

As I've said with the last couple events: I do not like the mystery box from the previous event being "required" to complete an event building. This event had enough flexibility that it technically wasn't but you did need one of: [mystery box, complete calendar or, maybe, full tablet set] to complete. I can see completing the calendar to be a bit much as missing more than a couple days would really lock that out, and the full tablet set was 50/50 at best, so basically, the mystery box was the safe guaranteed* completion.

*technically not guaranteed, but as close to that as one can reasonably expect to get.

As I've said with the last couple events: I do not like the mystery box from the previous event being "required" to complete an event building.

Now that I know, returning from Covid family issues. I completely agree. How is it an event if you have to preload before the 'event' starts? Sports, ex: the Olympics don't work that way.

Change it back to league results bonus, if you did well, you get the upgrade.

P C C

I always enjoy the Archeology event and the addition of the optional swap out of the daily special was a very nice addition. I assumed, based on my history with the tablets, that filling the calendar was a long shot so I didn't even try but the players I know who did all filled it so I'll keep it in mind for next time.

I didn't get a tablet set either, nor any incident larger than 10 scrolls, but I ended up with both a second base and a spare kit (though the latter only because of the surprise box). I always excavate every tablet I see and did lots of reps of the bronze ones, plus one silver 3 times and the gold once.

Graviton

Now that I know, returning from Covid family issues. I completely agree. How is it an event if you have to preload before the 'event' starts? Sports, ex: the Olympics don't work that way.

Change it back to league results bonus, if you did well, you get the upgrade.

Well, somebody's left out either way, right? If you don't do the previous Event you don't get the box for the next one, but if there's a leaderboard and you don't place you don't get an additional upgrade either. All depends on which group Inno wants to court I guess. My thinking on that is that those who think leaderboards are important tend to spend diamonds, and they're gonna spend diamonds no matter what. Doing a bonus box from the previous Event would seem to be better for free-to-play folks.

Saggas

Good event. Very good event building but rather difficult to get (the way it should be). I like the daily swap option. No major INNO screwups. I'm sure INNO made $ on this event. All-in-all, a successful event.
(I got one-and-a- half event buildings in two worlds.)

You start with a choice between an upgrade and the base of the building.

Has been so for the last couple of events.

Thank you all, for your replys, the guild and world rapport is one of the great features of this game. Hopefully, considering Covid returnees on respite, the Antique Dealer will be salted a bit more with event upgrades, since they seem to fall in surprise boxes from the gods.

Emm55

I don't think anyone did.
Support said no scrolls because the event ended at 3am est vs. the more normal 6am est that I think they normally end for me. I asked for clarity on which event ending times warrant a last sign in bonus, and which ending times do not. Support sent my request up the chain, but didn't give me much hope that they would address the issue. : (