• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event 2021 Feedback

Kamek

I used 1975 scrolls over the course of the day today in an attempt to get a single Airship Selection Kit on Parkog but no dice. I can't imagine it's a bug but it seems like terribly long odds that I would use that many scrolls and not get a single daily special. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Chompman

I used 1975 scrolls over the course of the day today in an attempt to get a single Airship Selection Kit on Parkog but no dice. I can't imagine it's a bug but it seems like terribly long odds that I would use that many scrolls and not get a single daily special. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
What percentage were you given on each vase as they can vary and the broken ones may not be worth collecting if they are out of the way from their low 5%-6%.

Lord Pest

My strategy is to go after shards, the daily gem, and idols. When I find the daily gem I’ll stop till the next day. Goal is to complete the calendar and get a complete event building.

CaptainKirk1234

Same, I used tons and didn't even get one. And now my chances are greatly diminished of getting the daily gem every day.

Kimmy32

This may sound stupid but...are all the items sticking out of the sand or do we have to waste implements to remove all the sand?

dwaynedibley

This is my first time for this event - so I have a question; I am concentrating on getting enough idols to get a wholly upgraded building, and enough of the tablets to get most of the side quests for extra scrolls. When going through the maze, I am running into a small number of dark squares (maybe 5% or so) that are in a back corner, etc. and would take extra tools to find out if they have items. It is a better strategy to just plow through the rest and ignore them, (potentially passing by some idols, but getting a maximum area cleared per tool) or use the extra tools to check all the squares, but make less overall progress?

Graviton

This may sound stupid but...are all the items sticking out of the sand or do we have to waste implements to remove all the sand?

Yes, when a tile is 'revealed' (meaning the shadow is lifted from it), you can see if there's an item in the sand.

It is a better strategy to just plow through the rest and ignore them, (potentially passing by some idols, but getting a maximum area cleared per tool) or use the extra tools to check all the squares, but make less overall progress?

Can't speak for anyone else but I plow through. I've never had a problem getting enough idols (of course, I can't say that about this event yet...).

Brizadangan

Screwed myself by not looking ahead at the quests. Stuck on quest 30 for a couple of days since I finished GE and have to move on to a new section of the map to capture a province. Should not be quests like this.

Ironrooster

Can't speak for anyone else but I plow through. I've never had a problem getting enough idols (of course, I can't say that about this event yet...).
That seems to be the case for me in this event. I already have 2 levels from the quest line, 3 from the mini game, and 1 from the event box. There is one more from the quest line to make 7 total. So I only need 3 more from the mini game.

CDmark

This is my first time for this event - so I have a question; I am concentrating on getting enough idols to get a wholly upgraded building, and enough of the tablets to get most of the side quests for extra scrolls. When going through the maze, I am running into a small number of dark squares (maybe 5% or so) that are in a back corner, etc. and would take extra tools to find out if they have items. It is a better strategy to just plow through the rest and ignore them, (potentially passing by some idols, but getting a maximum area cleared per tool) or use the extra tools to check all the squares, but make less overall progress?
I have always ignored those dark squares. I use tools to get an idol or move forward. I never chase that 1 or 2 unknown tiles. I also ignore covered 5% and even 7% vases, I usually only go for 10% vases. I wish I read up on this event and got the easy day 1 daily gem but I was busy questing. Looking back, I had enough initial tools to get that gem. It seems gems are frequent. I dont think you can spend all your scrolls and use all your tools on a daily special and also get full calendar. Many events you wait for that one or 2 daily specials you want, spend it all. If you did that here, you would get many shards which would need to be daily gems. So, I find myself working the gems. I dont think tablets are affected, you either have all 8 or you dont. You may get that last tablet on the last day but each tablet can all be done in a day (recruit 3c/4p can possibly be the only one that could be difficult if the last day and you have collected, there is no L1-3 GE, no GBG but you can still build barracks). The problem will be, getting the extra tools towards the end and possibly having an initial and alternate daily specials be something you dont want, but you would have to use the tools. Overall, I like the changes and if it is the same next year, I will be better prepared for the Day 1 gem. One additional thing I like about the calendar, it isnt based on league standing, meaning, those spending diamonds dont keep me out of the top prize or better put, force me to use diamonds. There is no league here but the calendar chest is comparable to the top prize in typical league play, the "Gold League". Now that I have been playing, I think it is doable without diamonds, the calendar. I think there is a trade off for daily specials you want, that may be the price you pay for completing it. I dont think it affects tablets.

Last edited:

Zatrikon

I like the ability to change the daily special!

The distribution of Clay Tablets seems too variable. In one of my worlds, I've gotten 3-4 of each of the Commons, 3 of the Gold, and none of the Silver. In my other world, I've gotten 3-5 of each of the Commons, and none of the Silver or Gold.