• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event 2021 Feedback

CDmark

One thing crossed my mind for these events with additional quests, the tablets for this event. In the event window, it says clay tablet 1 when you collect and look at it on the Museum. When you go to the quest outside the event, it says Ancient Stories. At times, it would help if it said Clay Tablet 1 - Ancient Stories in both areas.

dwaynedibley

Im posting my progress, as this is my first time doing this event, and Im curious if my experience is typical. Counting the surprise box and the last upgrade from the daily quests, with 7 days to go, I am 1 upgrade away from getting the full upgrades to the Ferris wheel. To get there, I will need either 37 more idols, or complete the remaining days of the calendar. I have a gem uncovered for tomorrow, and 6 gem shards. However, I only have a few tools left, and only 35 scrolls, so it will be 2-3 days before I can get more tools, so filling up the calendar look unlikely, but getting the remaining idols looks barely possible. I have managed to do all of the tablet quests except for the gold one (have done some of the common ones 3 or 4 times at this point, for the extra scrolls).

So it appears to me, like the spring event, it is possible to just barely manage to get the full upgrade of the event building without diamonds, but only if you play the minigame very efficiently and dont make any serious mistakes.

Lord Pest

i just need to complete the remaining daily gem fragment challenge and I’ll complete the calendar without using diamonds. As soon as I found the gem in the dig I stopped till the next day. I ignored vases. i went after clay tablets and the daily gem. Stopping when I got the gem.

Agent327

As soon as I found the gem in the dig I stopped till the next day. I ignored vases. i went after clay tablets and the daily gem. Stopping when I got the gem.

You do not have to stop. You can continue for a bit till you get the next gem. That will be a shard if you pick it up, but a gem the next day if you leave it. That way you have a little more chance to pick up the daily if that is interesting to you.

Lord Pest

You do not have to stop. You can continue for a bit till you get the next gem. That will be a shard if you pick it up, but a gem the next day if you leave it. That way you have a little more chance to pick up the daily if that is interesting to you.

I didn’t know that at about the fragment turning into a full gem if you don’t pick it up till the next day. Nice to know.

I am coming up very very short on the ferris wheel without using diamonds. I currently have the base, the selection kit from the surprise box, and 5 upgrades so I can get it to level 7. I am currently here in the event:

1621261504297.png

Yes, after today's quest I will be able to buy another pack of tools but that's still going to leave me way short. I haven't done any tablet quests but I have never done those in the past and have always finished the event building. What changed this time?

Zatrikon

I'm most likely going to complete the gem calendar, which means I will get a fully upgraded Ferris Wheel (among other things). Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be getting a complete set of clay tablets in either of my two worlds. In one, I've gotten 6-8 pf each of the common clay tablets, while getting none of the silver or gold ones. In the other world, I've got several of each of the commons, 3 of the gold, and only one of one of the silver.

I'm wondering if the clay tablet drop rate can be improved for next time. I wonder if anything is being gained by having different levels of rarity of the clay tablets. Does it add anything to the game? Trying to collect a complete set of something that drops randomly is pretty much the same regardless. If there were eight different tablets, each equally likely to drop, it seems to me the game would be just as fun, and perhaps a bit less frustrating.

I like the ability to change the daily special!

The distribution of Clay Tablets seems too variable. In one of my worlds, I've gotten 3-4 of each of the Commons, 3 of the Gold, and none of the Silver. In my other world, I've gotten 3-5 of each of the Commons, and none of the Silver or Gold.

Last year I was able to easily get all the tables to finish the airship. But this year I'm still missing gold and silver 1 and pretty much running out of time to be able to finish the ferris wheel without having to resort to diamonds. :(

Lando6

In one world, I used 16k diamonds and was able to complete all of the tablets once and I'm short a silver tablet for completing it twice (but I was able to get two wheels). In two other worlds, I was able to complete the tablets without diamonds on one of the worlds. The other, I am one tablet off. I'm hoping to get one wheel for each of those worlds. I am able to complete the gem calendar on all three worlds.. That was pretty close though. I basically explored till I got a gem and stopped so I didn't waste any tools (except for the world I spent diamonds on). It was looking pretty grim on two of my worlds till I got 2 gems in back to back columns. Overall, this event made you hold your breath, but it's pretty exciting to explore and find idols, gems, pots, and tablets.

Graviton

Fully-upgraded Wheel on all 7 worlds, no diamonds spent. One of those required completing the calendar to get one of the two Kits, otherwise it was all golden idols. I was quite disappointed to start play today and find that the DC wasn't giving a shard but it turned out not to matter.

Last year I waited to get all 8 of the tablets before doing those quests; since some of the tasks overlap it was nice to knock out two of them with one action. This year I read some advice about doing them immediately to start stacking up the scrolls as quickly as possible, and that worked very well even though I didn't start doing that until about halfway through the Event. In fact those extra scrolls were the difference: I didn't get a full set of tablets on any world, but I needed almost every one of the extra scrolls I got by doing the tasks as I got them.

So while it was still possible to get a full Event building w/o spending diamonds, it seems like it was much tighter than last year.

LoveNkind

This may sound stupid but...are all the items sticking out of the sand or do we have to waste implements to remove all the sand?
That is a very important question. Orange sands show you what they contain. If nothing, ignore them and pass them by. That is critical to getting as far as possible through the map and getting as much goodies as you can.