• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

UBERhelp1

I’ve been impatiently awaiting this one! As far as I’m concerned, I’d rather not have to wait more than a day or two between events. I don’t really understand why people feel so overwhelmed by them. They make the game more interesting.
For me I'd only want a waiting time of one week, just to have the freedom to do some other stuff. I really like events and they help provide good buildings. As long as they still do that, the more events the better.

Jern2017

I haven't decided whether I want the World's Fair or not, but I'm definitely going after the Carousel!

DeletedUser28147

I’ve been impatiently awaiting this one! As far as I’m concerned, I’d rather not have to wait more than a day or two between events. I don’t really understand why people feel so overwhelmed by them. They make the game more interesting.
Some people, like me, like to advance an age before an event so the new event building can ne for the new age they are in. As you advance in ages it takes longer and longer which makes it harder to complete the tech tree section before the new event begins. I've been having that problem the last two ages. I'm not going to be able to complete the industrial tech tree section before the event begins so that's going to make it harder for me to complete the event. I really want the event building for this event but it's going to be really tight for me to level it up this event.

RazorbackPirate

Some people, like me, like to advance an age before an event so the new event building can ne for the new age they are in. As you advance in ages it takes longer and longer which makes it harder to complete the tech tree section before the new event begins. I've been having that problem the last two ages. I'm not going to be able to complete the industrial tech tree section before the event begins so that's going to make it harder for me to complete the event. I really want the event building for this event but it's going to be really tight for me to level it up this event.
Just do the event in your current age and hang onto the last upgrade until you age up after the event. That last upgrade will also move it into your current age.

DeletedUser28147

Just do the event in your current age and hang onto the last upgrade until you age up after the event. That last upgrade will also move it into your current age.
Well, to late now but thanks for the idea. Might try that for the next event.

Emberguard

Yeah I've left a few buildings under lvl'd for that purpose

Winter spire I put down at lvl 4, ship at lvl 5

Got all the upgrades and it'll be less FPs but I'll always have current age goods

DeletedUser37581

so whats the chances of getting a lvl 10 building without spending my hard earned ge daimonds?
My understanding is that if you focus on obtaining idols and don't go chasing after vases, you will have a very good chance of getting a level 10 World's Fair. And probably pick up a fair number of vases on the way anyway.

Also, focus on moving forward (to the right) and don't waste tools uncovering all the sand just to see what's there. It never hurts to use a brush to pick up a brush as you lose nothing but might open up another idol.

DeletedUser29726

There's a wide range of experiences on beta. It's certainly possible to finish a level 10 without diamonds, but it's also certainly possible to be very inefficient and come up well short.

If you complete the entire questline, and get all your daily login 50 scrolls you'll have over 4k scrolls, enough for 12 330 scroll tool packs.

Under those conditions you need to finish 10 grand prizes to get to level 10. This is an average of 17 idols per 330 pack. While ignoring out of the way vases I was able to get 17-21 idols per 330 pack after the last rebalance so it's certainly doable. Use the 17 per 330 line to determine if you need to figure out ways to dig more efficiently early on or if you have room to grab some more vases.

Alternatively, just scream it's impossible if it makes you feel better :)

- KQ -

I enjoy the events to a point. I do get event fatigue and appreciate a break between them, otherwise I feel too much like I'm the hamster on the endless hamster wheel. I know I have the option to skip events, but then it seems like the break is too long. That's one of the great things about this game...Always something to complain about ;)

I am looking forward to this event because it's different. Also looking forward to acquiring what appears to be a first class special building.

DeletedUser36020

I enjoy the events to a point. I do get event fatigue and appreciate a break between them, otherwise I feel too much like I'm the hamster on the endless hamster wheel. I know I have the option to skip events, but then it seems like the break is too long. That's one of the great things about this game...Always something to complain about ;)

I am looking forward to this event because it's different. Also looking forward to acquiring what appears to be a first class special building.
Cmon hamster wheels arent so bad ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesto11

The event buildings that give 6 fp in 16 tiles are the most fp efficient buildings in the game so far. Colossus also gives scaling attack power depending on age- making it probably the best building dropped at the moment.

World's Fair is more FP-efficient than Winter Spire and Colossus (Math below). But I would agree that the attack bonus from Colossus makes it arguably the best building in the game (excluding Level 9 Yggdrasil).

World's Fair: 10 FP/ 24 tiles= .4167 FP/tile
Colossus and Winter Spire: 6 FP/16 tiles= .375 FP/ tile

Algona

First impression... This Event the game is actually fun. So far. Might be a real winner!

DeletedUser36624

Are the layouts preset or randomly generated? So far both my worlds have the same first screen, but I don't know what will happen down the line.