1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Archaeology Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Menace, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

First impression... This Event the game is actually fun. So far. Might be a real winner!

2. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

Are the layouts preset or randomly generated? So far both my worlds have the same first screen, but I don't know what will happen down the line.

3. Noidea

Noidea Member

event is broken cannot advance past first uncovered block

4. purps99

purps99 Active Member

click on the brush on left hand side, that picks it up then use it on a sand tile (not rocks). click on left brush again and then puts it back down so you can click on the uncovered items.

If you have no brushes/spades/explosive then you need to buy them with scrolls. 330 Pack is the best one to purchase.

Algona likes this.
  5. draxxa

draxxa Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar
    Will the upgrade be a daily special?

6. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

No.

draxxa likes this.
  7. draxxa

draxxa Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar
    Okay, thanks.

8. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Okay, I've seen something like this before in another game.

The main object is to get as many idols as possible, but not worry too much about vases. There's no need to wait on tomb progression since the idols aren't connected to the dailies, unlike other events where it's smart to stockpile the event currency for the one or two dailies that are worth it. From what I can tell, you can't go back as you progress into the tomb, so if you have an uncovered vase, it'll disappear if you don't pick it up. So waiting's only good to save a vase for a chance at a good daily. It's usually worth it to uncover tools since it'll give you more tools, and reveal sand squares. Don't bother clearing empty sand squares unless you need to progress. Does that pretty much cover the basics?

9. Jern2017

Jern2017 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how we can acquire the Carousel?

Grand prize, daily special?

10. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

What does the announcement say?

11. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Active Member

I'm pretty sure the layouts are randomly generated. So far on all 3 of my worlds it's all been different.

12. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Carousel should appear as a daily. I'll shoot for one or two of them, then whatever.

The past avatars come from previous Summer events. This includes the Indiana Jones avatar, who damn well better be here. :)

UBERhelp1 and Jern2017 like this.
  13. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

I'm a little disappointed. Obviously, the World Fair is an awesome building, no lie, but then I looked at it's stats. Besides the Coins that it always produces, it only provides Goods and Forge Points. Not even Supplies, or Medals.

14. groggster

groggster New Member

How often does the grand prize change or is it only after I win the previous Grand prize?

15. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

Speaking of that I have found a typo in the event. On the loading screen it says that the World Fair produces goods, fps, supplies, and medals.

16. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Interesting. I will have to check both the loading screen and the stats of the actual building.

17. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Will that help in any way? It will still not supply supplies and medals. He found a bug. Will still be a bug if you confirm it or not.

18. Alaric the Goth II

Alaric the Goth II Member

just another Carnival - good idea bu they nerfed it - I'll pass and wait for summer

19. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Right on schedule. Nice to see some things never change.

Godly Luke likes this.
  20. Cyril 176 The Bold

Cyril 176 The Bold New Member

Fully agree w/Razorback. This event looks too much like the prior 2; same progression, same quests, unimaginative "rewards" (medals, supplies, coins, goods). How about upgrades to what we already have, Inno? You started doing this a couple of events ago by updating Sakura Garden sets. Why not expand on that idea instead of giving us the same ol, same ol. Hopefully, there are others just as fed up with these every-other-week events as I and choose to sit this one out. Maybe then, Inno will get the message.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.